001

Fairy Prince
rsz_cheer.jpg
 
The Fairy Prince
"Papa. Can you tell me my favorite story?" A flushed cheeked, tired and sick little boy was curled up snuggly in his bed when his father came upstairs to check on him. A big hand covers his warm forehead, and his dad sits down on the edge of the bed. 

"Mmm. The one about the fairy princess in that forest out there?" He asks knowing full and well that was the story, he just loved seeing the smile bloom across his sons face when he mentioned it. "Alright Yoongi. I'll tell you the story, but you have to promise to sleep afterwards so you can get better. You have to get back to your archery lessons soon!" 

"I will Papa. I promise." He says holding out his tiny pinky, which his father promptly takes in his. 

With a clear of his throat, Yoongi's father begins the story he knows by heart from the amount of times he heard it as a kid, and from how many times he's told it to his own son. "Hundreds of years ago, when fantastical creatures were able to roam free through the lands, there was a big war. A war amongst creatures. An evil witch sat in her hut in the swamp, angry at the beauty of all the unicorns, nymphs, fairies, and all the other gorgeous creatures. She was particularly angry with the most beautiful creature of all. The Fairy Princess of the forest.

The fairies were the most loved of the forest. They were normal human sized, just a bit on the shorter side. They had beautiful and small features and were envied by the rest. Especially the Princess. This fairy lived happily with her Prince who was a skilled archer, and they oversaw the forest, making sure everyone and everything was safe. They were so in love and happy, the witch couldn't stand it. So one day, she called out to all her ugly swamp friends. she told them how it wasn't fair that they were ugly, and that the Fairy Princess must have cursed them, even though, really the Princess did no such thing. So they revolted. They declared the war.

Trolls, ogres,cockatrice, goblins, and all other ugly creatures alike gathered, and began to terrorize and kill the beautiful creatures of the land. The witch headed straight to the treehouse cottages where all of the fairies lived. She found the house the Fairy Princess and Prince lived in, and rushed in. She immediately dove for the Princess, but the Prince jumped in front of her saving her. With the witch's knife lodged right in his heart, with his dying breath, the Fairy Prince begged, and pleaded for her to spare his princess. The witch agreed, but only if she and the ugly creatures could rule the land.

So with that, the witch put a spell on the Princess and the forest. The spell enslaved the fairy all of the mythical creatures to the forest, where they could no longer run free on the Earth. The spell could only be broken by the Fairy Prince reincarnate, which the Princess couldn't go out and find because she was trapped to the forest. The legend says the Princess still flies through the forest every night, in hopes that her reincarnated Prince will stumble in to the forest one day." His father recites the end poem* before pulling up the blankets around his sleepy eyed son. 

"Papa..." his little voice calls out. "Do you think maybe I could be the missing Fairy Prince?"

His father gives a small chuckle. "I don't know son. Maybe you are." 

 

 

'Bullseye!" Jaebum shouted with a huge smile as an arrow flew by and lodged itself in to the target. "Really Yoongi, how is this fair?" He says tossing his bow to the side once Yoongi hit a 5th bullseye in a row. 

Yoongi led his horse in a trot over to his long time friend. "It's fair because...I'm on a moving horse. And you're standing on the still ground. You're seriously at an advantage." He chuckles a little before jumping off and tying his horse to a post. 

Yoongi had grown up well in the past 17 years. He was a man of 23 now, if not just a bit petite. He was graceful, had class, and not to mention every female in his town yearned for him, talking about how beautiful his face was. He grabbed his canteen from his saddle bag and took a long gulp before wiping the sweat from his forehead. 

"Jaebum we've both been doing this since we were six. How are you still so terrible at this?" he jokes as he tosses the water to his friend. 

Jaebum rolls his eyes in good nature. "I'm sorry we can't ALL be as good as you. You can't skin a deer near as well as I can." He looks over at Yoongi and raises a brow. "Hey what's that?" he asks when he sees his friend take his shirt off. 

Yoongi looks down to the area of his chest Jaebum is pointing to. "It's my birth mark." His fingers lightly trace over the vertical scar looking birth mark over his heart. 

"You know, they say wherever your birthmark is, is how you died in a past life. Maybe you were stabbed or something." he says laughing at the old wives tale. 

Something clicks in Yoongi's mind when Jaebum mentions it. "Yeah...maybe I was." His voice is soft and he stares off towards the forest line with a blank expression, pink lips parted slightly. The story of the Fairy Princess his father used to tell him flooded back in to his memory as if he had heard it jsut last night even though it had been upwards of 15 years since he heard it last. As a child, his father had never let him wander in to the forest, so he grew up never once stepping foot in it despite his pleas and begs saying that he was the Fairy Prince reincarnate. As he grew older, the story faded from his mind, and he no longer yearned to enter the forest in search of the fairy. He took a few slow, careful steps towards the forest line, as if feeling a pull on his heart, drawing him in. He only stops when he hears a loud voice interrupt his thoughts. 

"Hey! Helloooo! Earth to Yoongi. Is Yoongi home in there?" Jaebum raps his knuckles on Yoongi's head. 

Yoongi swats away at Jaebums hand and shakes his head to clear his thoughts before turning around to gather his things and mount his horse. "Yeah. I'm fine. Sorry. Just a little tired. How about we call it a day?"



*The poem is the one in the forward, I suggest you read it!


A/N: Ha. Heeeeeeyyyyy guys. Long time no see. >.> It's been a very very very very long time since I have updated ANY of my stories on here, let alone this one. I have no excuse other than I fell out of the rhythm of writing and work took over and Ugh. Adult life. So here's the first little chapter. Gives some insight. Backstory. That stuff. Ya know. Gotta get it out of the way.

love_zpsc81hkvkq.gif