Junkyard Ambush

The Destination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

Junkyard Ambush

 

___________________________________________

 

 

Hakyeon threw himself against the dry concrete floor, hearing the stomping footsteps of the guards that patrolled the area and he could tell Jaehwan and Hongbin did the same. They couldn’t manage to get caught, not after the gas station incident a few weeks ago. Hakyeon’s breath was erratic against the floor, his chest pressed flush against the cracked material. 

 

He could hear them, the guns that tapped against their shoulders and the leather boots they wore, stomping and pressing against the same ground. The group held onto each other, Hakyeon’s hand pressed flush against the child’s hand, keeping the infant down and silent. But, hearing a small whimper from the child, Hakyeon panicked. 

 

“Please don’t cry, not now.” He pleaded in a hushed voice, picking the child up against his chest. Hakyeon leaned into a rusted metal car, cradling the infant in his arms. Hongbin watched them, crawling helplessly towards the two. “Hush, please.” At this point, Hakyeon wanted to cry. 

 

No matter how much they tried, the child let out a loud sob. The stomping stopped, and their guns were set, ready to shoot. Hakyeon cursed and Hongbin grabbed his child away, his position was ready to run. Jaehwan was running in front of him, leaving Hakyeon crouched on the ground. 

 

“Hakyeon, hurry! They’re not going to give you a five minute start.” Jaehwan scolded and ushered the blonde to run towards them. And so, Hakyeon did, as fast as he could while the bullets trailed after them, hitting old buildings and abandoned cars. Running towards a junkyard, the four collapsed, feeling the silent tension release from their bodies. Hongbin tried to silence his child while Hakyeon and Jaehwan searched around the place.

 

“Jaehwan, you never asked about the child.” Hakyeon commented out of the silence, startling the older. 

 

“I just though that he didn’t want us to ask.” The said male replied, running a hand through his hair while his other hand rustled through the junk. “They both seem nice, though.”

 

“But, the Keepers would never let subjects bring their children in with them. Would they? Hongbin seems off himself.” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter