Final

without you

Yoongi's hands are shaking, lips trembling and his eyes are closed. He wipes his hands on his jeans, mind fuzzy and his sight blurs, wet sticky tears staining his cheeks.

"Hyung, Yoongi hyung," the others arrive soon still wearing their performance clothes.

"What happened?" Seokjin asks, breathless and panting.

"Hoseok, he- he," Yoongi chokes, the tears are dripping on his jeans now, a shaky hand runs through his hair.

"Calm down, Yoongi" Seokjin sits behind him, rubbing his palm over Yoongi's back for some sort of comfort. But instead Yoongi lets out a sob, he hides his head in his hands.

"He- Hoseok- car, r-ran over h-him," Yoongi is shaking badly now, his heart is racing and there's guilt burning in his stomach. He tries to think that no, it's not his fault. But if he didn't shout at him before he crossed the streets, Hoseok would've been right beside them now, completely fine and healthy.

There's tears on Jimin's cheeks, too. He's always been sensitive, "It's okay, hyung. He'll be- he'll be okay."

The rest of the boys sit down with Yoongi, has calmed down a bit, his hands are clasped together and he's hoping that Hoseok is still alive, still breathing and that his heart is still beating. Yoongi doesn't know how he'll live through without Hoseok, how he'll live without the dancer pestering him every minute of every hour of everyday. He might've shouted once or twice at the boy but that was only because Yoongi is a snappy . He couldn't believe that Hoseok, the always cheerful and happy 21 year old is laying inside the emergency room, cold and half- dead. Yoongi feels the tears once again and he has to clamp a hand around his mouth to cover a sob.

Everything feels like a blur, Yoongi can't focus at anything, the flurry of the nurses, holding out laboratory instruments or memo pads or helping out patients; the men, women, children that are sitting with on the waiting room; the cries sobs, sniffles and tears of the people inside the hospital. Yoongi closes his eyes, focusing on his own breathing; breathe in breathe out breathe in breathe out.

"I'll buy some coffee, you guys want anything?" Namjoon asks, looking sad but more apologetic for Yoongi. The boys have always known Yoongi's a-little-bit-more-than friendly love for Hoseok. Yoongi doesn't budge but Seokjin tells Namjoon to buy him some coffee. Namjoon proceeds to the hospital's café.

Jeongguk is sat on the floor beside Taehyung, Jimin is pacing back and fourth on the floor, and Seokjin is on his phone, probably texting their manager about the accident.

Yoongi goes back to the scene, before the car even hit Hoseok, three hours before their performance. Hoseok and Yoongi were supposed to go back to get something from the dorms. Yoongi had yelled at him for eating his kimchi eariler. It was pointless, a childish act that Yoongi doesn't even regret until now. He didn't really mean to yell at him, it was just that the coordinator told him that they needed to cut out his solo because they didn't have time to perform. It doesn't matter anymore because Yoongi and Hoseok missed their performance.

Namjoon comes back with six cups of coffee, handing it to the rest. Yoongi takes the cup, but doesn't drink it. He's known the taste of cheap hospital coffee. It's burns on his fingers but Yoongi feels too numb to care. All he wants is to know that Hoseok's okay- and maybe see him, alive and breathing.

As if the lords above could hear his prayer, the doctor suddenly walks out the door of the emergency room. Yoongi's the first to stand, the burning hot coffee spilling on his lap. Yoongi doesn't know what to think, all he wants is to hear the doctor saying that Hoseok is okay.

"Fortunately, he's fine," the doctor says, and Yoongi feels as if a huge weight has been lifted off his shoulders, "but he's in a temporary coma. He received a concussion from the impact of the car. But he's fine, he'll wake up soon." the doctor gives them a smile and starts to walk away.

"Wait!" Yoongi yells, the doctor looks back at him, "Can we see him?"

The doctor nods, "Room 728."

Everyone runs to the elevator but it's too full, so they're forced to run eight floors just to get to Hoseok. It's surprising how Yoongi managed to run rapidly like his life depends on it. Well, technically. They're all panting once they get to Hoseok's room. Seokjin opens it for them, and Yoongi almost chokes on air. The sight of Hoseok, all pale and white in a hospital bed, with different kinds of tubes and wires sticking out of his body. The heart monitor beeps steadily beside him, and Yoongi sighs, relieved but there's tears on his eyes again.

Everyone steps inside the room one by one, with Yoongi last. They all sit inside, making themselves comfortable in the small room. Yoongi finds a chair next to Hoseok's bed. He's calmed down now, quiet and not moving. He looks up at Hoseok and tries his best not to break down crying for the nth time tonight. He should be embarrassed because he's never really cried so hard in front of the boys before, sure there were those small tears that Yoongi has let out, most of them are tears of joy, but these kind of tears are the ones that Yoongi can feel.

It's funny how peaceful someone could look when they're laying in a hospital bed, unconscious and barely breathing, it's ironic. But Yoongi is still glad that Hoseok's alive. He holds Hoseok's hand in his, he's cold to the touch, and Yoongi sighs deeply.

"Wake up," he mutters quietly, just for Hoseok to hear, (Yoongi hopes he does.) "Hoseok, wake up"

His voice falters and he lets the tears fall into his cheeks and into the white sheets, Seokjin is behind him again, rubbing comfortable patterns in the small of his back as he cries. It only makes Yoongi let out another sob and his head fall into the sheets. He's never liked it when people see him cry, but that excludes Hoseok. He's always been more comfortable with him than the others, he could always act like himself whenever they were together. He could always act like Min Yoongi and not Suga.

He sees Namjoon on the phone, talking with their management, probably. He could practically hear their manager nagging and yelling at poor Namjoon. Yoongi understands though, they had a whole schedule right in front of them and the accident just threw that out of the window. But they still need to perform. The group survived performing without Namjoon and Taehyung and Yoongi himself, so he's sure they can survive with just five members.

"Wait Namjoon," Yoongi says before Namjoon could end the call, "can you ask manager-nim if I could stay with Hoseok?"

It's a stupid question, because Yoongi won't take no for an answer. Namjoon sighs before going back to talk with their manager. Yoongi hopes he won't murder the boys tomorrow.

Namjoon finally ends the call, "He said yes."

Yoongi manages a weak smile, "Thank you."

It's getting late, and a nurse has to force them all to leave. Yoongi stays put in his chair, if he has to stay here for awhile then he might as well get comfortable. He lays his head on the mattress of the hospital bed, letting out a few occasional yawns. He fights back the sleep, if Hoseok will wake up pretty soon, he wants to be the first one to see, the first person that Hoseok will see. But his attempt fails because he squeezes Hoseok's hand before falling asleep.

---

It's been three days.

72 hours.

4230 minutes.

And 259200 seconds without Hoseok.

Yoongi feels as if his whole life has been by a black hole. He can't perform, he's all alone (except for an unconscious Hoseok beside him) and worst of all Hoseok's still not waking up.

He tries these stupid attempt to wake him up, poking him, shaking him, he even slapped him once when he got frustrated, but it was only a light tap.

The boys have visited twice, all asking Yoongi for any progress, and sadly, there are none. The doctor had said it was only a temporary coma, but when will Hoseok wake up? Yoongi has waited long enough and if Hoseok doesn't wake up pretty soon he's gonna lose it.

He's watching television the small hospital room has provided them while eating a cup of noodles. There's a whole supply beside the door and that's all Yoongi has eaten and he's gotten very unhealthy in just three days. There are bags under his eyes and he's always tired. The fans aren't only worried about Hoseok, but for him as well. He's tiring himself too much and the last thing they need is confining Yoongi into a hospital room as well.

A groan breaks him from his thoughts, at first he thought it was from the television, or it was from him. But then he stops mid- chew. Hoseok.

He drops his chopsticks and looks up at Hoseok, his eyes are open and he's letting out another groan. Yoongi places his cup on the chair and strides toward Hoseok, who is now fully aware of his environment and who he's with.

Even at his state, Hoseok gives him a smile, "Hi."

"Hey." Yoongi greets back, smiling himself.

"Uh, hyung, what happened?" Hoseok asks, his eyebrows furrowed and he looks around the room, to the still open television, Yoongi's fallen chopsticks and cup noodles, to the stack of gifts on the table beside him, it's all confusing for him.

"You got hit by a car." Yoongi reminds him, sitting on the chair beside Hoseok's bed again.

Hoseok's expression changes, Yoongi can't help but smile wider. Now that he's 101% sure that Hoseok's alive, he thinks that all those efforts of staying up and living on cup noodles for three days was all worth it. He stands up and envelops the younger in a hug. Hoseok gasps, but smiles and hugs back anyway.

"Never do that again, okay?" Yoongi's voice breaks. Hoseok feels guilt as Yoongi cries in his shoulders, dampening his hospital gown.

"Never again," Hoseok replies. When both of them break apart, Yoongi has Hoseok's hand and his and their fingers are intertwined.