Sunflower

Sunflower

Use your head- take it slow, make it simple and neat. Put on moisturizing lotion on my two cheeks. Have a good sense of fashion- just like a magazine model before I go to the street across where she lives.

 

~

 

"I don't understand, hyung? You met a girl but she doesn't know you?" Hyukjae says as he looked at his hyung in disbelief. "Quite correct." Heechul says as he ran a hand through his ginger locks.

 

Hyukjae did his best not to laugh and nodded. "So what does that have to do with me?" He asks, sitting down on the couch. 

 

"I want to be have good impression with her, that's it." Heechul says as he leaned back with a big puff of air knocked away from his lungs. "But... She doesn't know you so shouldn't you confront her first?" Hyukjae says in confusion, crossing his arms lightly.

 

"Thanks for the statement, Captain Obvious. Look, I know which street she lives in and comes out to take walks on to go to some cafe. If I can get a good timing then creating a good impression on her won't be so hard!" Heechul says as he plays with his phone.

 

Hyukjae chuckled lightly. "You're quite the creeper, Heechul-hyung. I'll see what I can do to help." He says before looking down at his phone and typed away.

 

Heechul sighed, ruffling his hair in slight frustration. He wanted to see the girl... Now.

 

~

He was leaning against a post wearing an oversized white T-shirt underneath a long leather coat, skinny jeans and some boots. He ran a hand through his ginger locks as he waited for that girl to just show up.

 

Just as he looked up he saw her get out of her house wearing a baby blue skater dress and white flats, her hair bouncing with every step he took. He mustered up the courage and planned to walk towards her til he saw her hugging some guy, he bit down on his lip before walking back to the dorm. 

 

~

 

He walked along the pavement as he stuck his hands inside the pockets of his coat, the image of her hugging a guy refusing to disappear from his mind. He rubbed his eyes lightly and continued to walk, the sound of his shoes tapping against the pavement echoing in the silent neighborhood. 

 

Hyukjae who just finished walking with Choco saw Heechul who seemed to be deep in thought. "Hyung!" The younger called out to his hyung. Heechul looked up and gave Hyukjae a small wave. 

 

"Did you say hi to her already?" Hyukjae asked which was an utter move. "Uhh... I didn't. She was and is with some other guy." Heechul says as he took in a deep breath as he looked at his dongsaeng. "Well that's a cruel image in the head. Who knows? Maybe they're just a fling, hyung. Don't give up that easily." Hyukjae says, smiling at his hyung, gums and all, but it suited the boy in his own unique way. 

 

"You're right..." Heechul says, finally exhaling the deep breath he took. He looked down at Choco before his brain drifts off to what he should be doing to catch her attention. "Yah~ Hyung, do the planning in the dorms. Don't do it out here, you look weird." Hyukjae says, earning a smack on the back of his head which came from the ginger-haired man. 

 

"Yeah right. After you, you brat." Heechul says, ruffling his dongsaeng's hair as they headed back to the dorms together.

 

~

As I whistle one, two, three; I'm walking along. Today, again, I long for her. I don’t know the way to completely get her yet, but I send my heart to her everyday.

 

~

 

"Annyeong~?" Ryeowook says as he entered the dorm after a long day of schedule kicking his . He looked around to see Heechul on his phone, Jongwoon reading a magazine while listening to some soft music WHILE watching a drama series, Donghee was just grabbing a few snacks as he went to watch some TV series he was updated with.

 

Ryeowook pouted lightly as he sees his hyungs utterly busy. "Yah~ Ryeowook-ah, anything good happened today?" Heechul spoke up as he continued to play WOW. Ryeowook smiled and looked at his hyung. "No, just the usual, hyung." He says happily as he checks the time. 

 

"Good to know then!" Heechul says, his tone not as happy as Ryeowook's but it was evident in his words. "Hey hyung, you've been getting out lately. Did someone catch your eye?" Donghee spoke up with a smirk as he turned his head to look at Heechul. 

 

"Really? Someone grabbed Heechul-hyung's attention?" Jongwoon says in disbelief as he continued to do what he was doing while listening to the interesting conversation slowly rising. 

 

"Yah, teasing me already, you brats?" Heechul says snarkily before chuckling, shaking his head. "Yeah someone caught my eye but lately she's been with some dude so I pretty much can't make a move." He admitted, his dongsaengs suddenly erupted with ideas. 

 

"How about you meet up with her when she's alone?"

"Or catch her attention?"

"Walk up to her and hug her from behind?"

"No, hyung! That's too creepy!"

 

"I agree with the first idea but I think its better if you came in when the cafe is full so she'll have no other choice but to share a table with you?" Kyuhyun spoke up as he took his fancy shoes off and puts his coat on the hanger.

 

"Yes that's a great idea!" Donghee says as the others agreed to their maknae's idea. Kyuhyun smirked lightly, going over to the couch and sat down. "So who's the girl?" He asked out of the blue, looking at his hyung playing, slowly aching to go play StarCraft. 

 

"You speak as if we're best friends." Heechul says, scoffing at his dongsaeng. "But I'll be honest, no. I don't know her. She only caught my eye when I was walking down the streets in boredom and suddenly I saw her get out of her house and headed for some cafe." Kyuhyun and Ryeowook looked at him with wide eyes.

 

"So she's a stranger. And you're a creep." Kyuhyun says pretty bluntly, waving his hand around as he talked. "Pretty much." Heechul says with the same tone as the maknae. "Well just go with Kyuhyun's plan and ask Zhou Mi-yah to help you with your....... Style." Donghee says, biting down on a potato chip. 

 

"Yeah yeah. Thanks for the help, brats..."

 

~

I secretly take a look at her. Come over where I am, just a little bit more. So that you can see what kind of person I am.

~

 

Heechul was sitting on a booth on a busy day in the cafe where the girl often stayed in. Casually wearing black skinny jeans, fancy dress shoes, a polkas dotted button up under a blue blazer, his ginger locks styled perfectly once again due to Gunhee's amazing skills.

 

He had a hot Americano on the table next to his phone and keys as he waited for her to arrive. He often texted the planners (aka Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Hyukjae, Donghee and Jongwoon), clearly showing his impatience. 

 

Just then, she walked in wearing:

 

He looked up and just with one glance, he was in shock. Mesmerized not just by what she was wearing but the whole package. She looked like a foreigner who barely knew anything about the world. 

 

~

She has sat down. My love bell has rang. The more I look, she is so pretty.

~

 

She went up to the counter and ordered a caramel frappé, when she got her drink, she hummed lightly, thinking about where she should sit. She was hesitant in sharing a table with a stranger. She bit down on her lip before collecting enough courage and walked over to a booth.

 

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She asks, looking at the ginger-haired man who looked dashing in his own unique way. "Sure, go ahead." Heechul mustered out as he looked at her, hiding his shock and awe.

 

She smiled at him and sat on the plump seat across from his and puts her drink down. "Thanks... I think I've seen you somewhere... A couple of times." She says, her voice gentle yet a hint of confidence riding along with her words. 

 

"Oh? Maybe you have or you mistook me for someone else." Heechul says with a smirk as he leaned to her slightly, the right side of his face resting against his palm as he looked at her. 

 

"Maybe? Maybe not... Well... Its nice to meet you." The girl says with a giggle, interlacing her fingers as she leaned closer to him with a smile, her eyes full of interest towards the man sitting in front of her. 

 

"Its nice to meet you too."

 

~

I am her sunflower, bloomed because of her. My heart is nervously excited.