Chapter 7// The Challenge

Keeping my Sunshine

Moonbyul's POV

My next mixtape was due next month. I usually don't stress over my music, but I had no muse to follow. I think hard, sitting in front of my work desk. All I could think of was Youngsun. Youngsun. She could be my muse. I smiled widely, reaching for my phone to talk to her on Kakao. She replied briskly. I asked her could I come over. And she replied yes. I slipped on my joggers and sweatshirt and walk into the living room to see Krystal on the couch, sipping bubble tea and watching a drama. 

"Stepping out?" she calls before I step into my Adidas. I turn my head in annoyance. 

"Yes. Why? Need anything?" I ask.

"Yeah. More kimchi," she yells back.

"I might not be back tonight," I shout back.

Krystal confronts me in the door way, looking at me as if she were my mother. She sighs and runs her hand through her hair. "Look, I have been casted for a drama. I need all the support I can get. I don't want to be alone tonight, I have to read over my script," she says, calmly.

"We are both adults now. Why don't you call Amber over? You pay half the rent. Invite whoever you want," I suggest.

She wasn't buying it. Krystal frowned. "I would if I wanted to. But I really want you to help me."

"Why me? I want to go to see my...friend tonight," I say.

"Friend? And you might not be back tonight..got you. You are planning to see your little girlfriend," she sneers. "Well...I need consoling Moonbyul and you live with me."

"I'm going," I snap as I slam the door. I walk to the bus stop and got on. 

As soon as I get to Youngsun's door, she opens it, peeking out. She smiles with mischief. What is she planning?

"What are you doing?" I ask her strongly.

She opens the door and she closes it once I step in. She kisses my lips and pulls me onto the sofa. "I want to have a dance party with you." She turns on the radio. Ciara's "Body Party" blasted and she started to dance. I laugh as she tries her best to seduce me. Her face in a seductive facade. She starts pointing at me when the "you, you, you" part comes on. I smirk a little. I get up and start dancing with her. I was always graceful on my feet. I glided and slid into her arms. She grabs my waist and pushes me onto the couch, hovering over me. 

"Has anyone told you how cute you were when you try to seduce me?" I ask her.

She bites her lip, trying so hard. I laugh and kiss her lips. We hear a loud banging on the door. Youngsun gets up quickly off of me and answers it. I walk to the door and see who it is. Whee In. Why am I not surprised.

"Hi," she says. "I am not interupting anything am I? I wanted to monitor your CF with you." She notices me. "Ah. Hey Moonbyul."

"Hello," I chirp. Youngsun turns to me. 

"Well, Moon, want to watch my CF?" she asks me. 

"Sure," I  answer, looking at Wheein with a puzzled look on my face. We all sit on the couch: Youngsun squished between us. Youngsun's beautiful face appears on the screen. Her in a beautiful costume of a stewardess. She is singing to a cheesy little song and dancing cutely. I smile at the bright colours and her beautiful bright smile. I turn to look at her. She never looked so focused. I turn back to the screen. She is winking and then the logo of the CF's company pops in the middle of the screen.

"Replay?" Wheein asks.

"Yes," Youngsun replies robotically. I rewatch the video. From what turned into twice, turned into 5 times. She finally agreed that we stopped viewing the CF. Thank goodness. I couldn't take her being anymore cringeworthy. She taps my wrist. "You must be bored with me."

"No," I say sweetly. 

"We have a big schedule next week. Filming for 4 days this time. Big money is rolling in," Whee In says excitedly. "Moonbyul, would you like to see your girlfriend during her work?"

I nod. I really want to see how the shooting goes for her. I want to be there to support her and watch her. I liked the CF she recently did. It was so cute. Like her.

"Well, we are recording at our company's studios next week. Make sure she rests easy. I don't want her stressed," she says to me. "Youngsun, please take it easy." She pecks her cheek and embraces her, giving me a sly smirk. She walks out of Youngsun's apartment. I angrily sigh and bite my lip.

"I work for Rainbow company. It is just an hour outside of Seoul...wait...what's that face?" she asks me cutely.

I raise an eyebrow. "What face?"

"That face you made 2 seconds ago. Don't change it up now," Youngsun teased. 

"I made no face. I am laidback when she kisses your cheek now."

Youngsun grabbed my wrists. "Don't lie to me. You aren't really. Should I make you feel un-jealous?"

"I am perfectly fine," I say. She kisses my jaw. 

"I said don't lie. Or else when you see me next week, I will flirt with Whee In to make you feel real jealous. I like it when you are jealous," she purrs into my neck. I run my fingers through her hair as she puts her hands on my waist. 

"Hmm...I can't believe you would do that. I think you are too good," I challenge. 

"Watch me," she says, embracing me tighter.

"I doubt you would." I walk her into her bedroom not to leave  out for a couple of hours.