Very Important U [One-Shot]

Very Important U [One-Shot]

"Hello?" I said, answering my phone.

"Is this Lee Kikwang-ssi?" the person on the other line asked.

"Yes, this is him speaking," I said.

"Ahh Kikwang-ssi! Listen very well. This Sunday, Inkigayo will be having a special performance for Halloween and as one of the producers of this show I was wondering if you wanna take part in it with a few other people," he said.

"Ummm sure I'd be happy to," I said.

"Ahhh ok then I guess you're set! You'll be dancing with Lee Taemin of SHINee, Jang Wooyoung and Hwang Chansung of 2PM, and Gong Minji of 2NE1," he said.

"Wait wait...who's the last person?" I asked. I thought at first it would be an all guys thing but then I heard a girl's name in the list.

"Ahh Kikwang-ssi, did you miss that one? Gong Minji of 2NE1. Originally we were gonna have all guys but then the last minute we added Minji-ssi to the line up, if that's ok with you," he said.

"It's fine by me," I said.

"Ahh ok Kikwang-ssi, see you Sunday," he said, hanging up. Hmm...Gong Minji....that Kwon Sohyun talked about her one time. I think I'm gonna go ask who this Gong Minji is. I went over to 4minute's dorm where they were quickly packing up for China. Two little blondes were bouncing on a luggage and HyunA was trying to close that overfilled luggage. Gayoon was busy packing the necessary girl things they needed, and Jihyun was checking off the things one by one like a responsible leader.

"Jiyoon unni, Sohyun, STAY STILL!" HyunA yelled.

"You said jump on it!" Jiyoon said, sitting on the luggage. Sohyun did the same and HyunA was able to close the luggage.

"I see you're all still busy packing up," I said.

"OPPA!!!!!" Jiyoon, Sohyun, and HyunA yelled, running toward me and hugged me like little kids seeing their father. Gayoon and Jihyun just shook their heads and laughed at the three while they were working.

"Oppa, we're gonna miss you," HyunA said cutely.

"Yeah, KoddakJiyoon will miss you very very very much!" Jiyoon said with her weird yet cute aegyo voice.

"What brings you here? Came to tell us goodbye and good luck?" Sohyun asked.

"Yeah, I came here to ask you girls something," I said. All three let go and anticipated my question.

"...who's Gong Minji?" I asked. Sohyun's eyes went wide. 

"Only Kwon Sohyun would know the answer to that," Jiyoon said as she and HyunA backed away.

"OH MY GOD HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO GONG MINJI IS?!" Sohyun said.

"Well...I only heard about her now," I said.

"HOW!?" Sohyun asked.

"...we're gonna be in Inkigayo's Halloween special," I said.

"AWWW LUCKY! You get to be dancing with the epic dancing goddess!" Sohyun said.

"Who...Gong Minji?" I asked.

"Yeah! 2NE1 debuted before 4minute and BEAST. Minji, or Minzy....however you wanna call her, is like a bad maknae. I like look up to her," Sohyun said.

"Ahh so that explains your sudden change in appearance," HyunA said.

"-.-....anyway she kicks Hyoyeon's, Nicole's, Gahee's, AND HyunA's at dancing," Sohyun said. HyunA shut up after that.

"Really? How good is she?" I asked.

"Well.....on a scale of 1 to 10....she's a 10," Sohyun said.

"You said you would go bi for her," Jiyoon said.

"Well....we'll talk about that later unni now go help HyunA pack up!" Sohyun said, pushing Jiyoon into the bedroom where HyunA was packing up. Sohyun came back out right after.

"You're so lucky to be performing with her, oppa...>.< I'll be watching in China! When are you gonna meet her?" Sohyun asked.

"Hmmm...that's a good question," I said. Then my phone vibrated. Inkigayo PD sent me a text.

Kikwang-ssi!!!
I talked with the others today, they wanna start practicing tomorrow. There will be practice everyday up until Halloween.
The others can't wait to meet you!
-Inkigayo PD

"I guess tomorrow then," I said, putting my phone away.

"Wait...besides Minji who else is performing with you?" Sohyun asked.

"Ummm....Chansung and Wooyoung of 2PM and.....Taemin of SHINee," I said. The Sohyun's eyes widened again.

"Oh jeez Taemin of SHINee...you better watch out for him," Sohyun said.

"O.O why?" I asked.

"He's got a thing for Minzy trust me," Sohyun said.

"Like...he likes her?" I asked.

"Oh more than just like...he claimed Minzy as his," Sohyun said.

"Well....I haven't even met Minzy so I shouldn't be a threat to him," I said.

"Go get some rest you got practice tomorrow and we leave for China," Sohyun said, pushing me out the door. I went back to my dorm and went to bed, hoping tomorrow would be a very exciting day.

JYP Practice Room, Next Day

I entered the practice room ready to dance with the others. Except there was one missing.

"Huh, where is she?" Chansung asked, looking around the room for Minzy.

"She said she was coming," Taemin said, looking at his last recent text he sent Minzy.

"Have you seen Minzy?" Wooyoung asked me.

"Nope," I said. Then a girl rushed in short haired wearing a hat with a 45 degree tilt, Adidas shoes, sweat pants, and a tank top. I'm assuming that's Minzy.

"Sorry I'm late! I had to wake up my lazy leader," Minzy said, putting her things down.

"There you are!" Taemin said, hugging Minzy.

"Hi Taemin," Minzy said.

"You're late missy!" Wooyoung said, pulling Taemin off Minzy. Then my eyes met Minzy's eyes. Some kind of connection was then made between us.

"Ummm...who's that?" Minzy asked, pointing at me.

"I'm Lee Kikwang of BEAST," I said, bowing to her formally. She giggled at my dorkiness. I also felt a vibe from Taemin. A very bad vibe.

"Kikwang oppa, you're such a dork, you didn't have to bow down to me,:" Minzy said.

"Well I never met you before, so I'm being formal," I said, smiling. I could tell from behind me Taemin had this jealous look on his face. Was there something I was doing to piss him off?

"You must be Gong Minji of 2NE1. 4minute's maknae loves to spazz about you," I said.

"Kwon Sohyun? My look-alike? Spazzes about me? Never knew that about her," Minzy said. Then Taemin walked over and put an arm around her neck.

"Let's practice," Taemin said, glaring at me then bringing Minzy to the center of the practice room. For hours we were planning how the routine would go and such. Taemin, who was right across from me, would not stop glaring at me. Honestly I don't know what I did to piss him off!

"10 minute break!" Wooyoung said, walking over to the corner with Chansung to get some water. Minzy also went toward that corner, whereas I was dragged out into the hallway by a really pissed off Taemin.

"You better stop what you're doing, Kikwang," Taemin said in a serious tone.

"Dude I have no idea what you're talking about," I said. He got closer and in my face.

"You're taking my Minzy away from me. I saw what you did earlier. You bowed to her formally, using your dorkiness to make her giggle and laugh. Only I do that, no one else," Taemin said.

"Dude just calm down, I just met her," I said. He just kept glaring at me. What is wrong with him?!

"Stay away from her, I'm watching you," he said, walking back inside and joining Chansung and Wooyoung. I walked in and immediately Minzy was at my side.

"You're  a really good dancer," I said, walking with Minzy over to the other corner of the room. Taemin just kept glaring at me. Seriously I'm not doing anything wrong!

"Same goes to you, Kikwang oppa," Minzy said, smiling.

"You think I'm a really good dancer?" I asked, sitting down with her.

"Yeah, best male dancer there is! The second one will be Taeyang oppa," Minzy said. I laughed at her cuteness.

"You know....Hyunseung used to be part of YG," I said, taking a drink of water from my water bottle.

"Oh yeah, Hyunseung oppa....we called him by his stage name SO-1. I was caught for a brief moment in Big Bang's documentary," Minzy said. Now that she mentioned it, I remember watching the Big Bang documentary with Hyunseung one time. His episode, I believe we were watching. There was one part that caught my eye: when Hyunseung and Taeyang were walking into a room a little girl no older than the age of 12 walked passed them both.

"That was you?" I asked curiously.

"So you've seen it. Yep that was me, the little girl that randomly passed by the future member of BEAST, Jang Hyunseung," Minzy said.

"I gotta say you were very cute back then," I said.

"I was just a trainee then, they recruited me when I was only 12," Minzy said. Wow, no wonder she's so talented! After our break we went back to practicing. Taemin was still glaring at me. Then Minzy decided to change one thing.

"I think one of you guys should do that Michael Jackson thing...like....where he....he....touches his crotch," Minzy said.

">.< That just sounds a bit wrong, I won't do it," Chansung said.

"Yeah me either >.<," Wooyoung said. I guess it was gonna be between me and Taemin.

"I'll do it," Taemin said, glaring at me.

"Uhhh Taemin, no offense but....I think you're too innocent to be holding your crotch...I was hoping...Kikwang would," Minzy said. O.O me?

"Wait....me?" I asked.

"Yeah you, I think you should," Minzy said.

"Ummm...I guess...I'll try," I said. We got back into position, and I did my part first, adding in the crotch touching. Taemin was very jealous of me. Minzy chose me over him. I'm starting to think Minzy likes me. And we've only known each other for....a few hours....wow. After practice, I headed to my car.

"Wait, oppa!" Minzy yelled. I turned around and saw her running toward me.

"Can you give me a ride home?" she asked.

"Ummm...sure. Hop in," I said, getting inside my car. She got inside and sat in the front passenger seat.

"Was there a reason why you wanted me to do the holding the crotch thing?" I asked, starting to drive.

"Well....I just thought maybe you could pull it off....and besides with the number of fangirls you have they'll think what you're doing is y," she said.

"I see...well what about you?" I asked.

"With me looking like I'm humping the floor the fanboys wish they were the floor," Minzy said.

"Ohhh," I said. Damn, she's only 16 and yet she gives off a y vibe when she dances. It's like this girl has some kind of cute yet y charm that....wants every boy around the world wanna go to her yard and have milkshakes. Once I dropped her off at her dorm, I went back to mine and talked with Hyunseung.

"So you met the little girl that was in my part of the documentary," Hyunseung said.

"Yep....Gong Minji," I said. For some reason now I can't stop thinking about her.

"She's cool once you get to know her," Hyunseung said, flipping through a magazine.

"I think she likes me," I said.

"O.O thank god! She never really liked that Taemin dude," Hyunseung said in relief.

"O.O really?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, I talk with Seungri every once in a while. He told me one time that Minzy came back from Music Core. It was the episode she and Dara were hosting. Anyway backstage Taemin got pissed at her because she wasn't talking to him at all and she was talking to the other SHINee members. She came back to her dorm very pissed and said she never wanted to be around that Taemin again. She wasn't even his to begin with," Hyunseung said.

"Hmmm no wonder today she avoided him," I said.

"....Do you like her?" Hyunseung asked.

"I have no idea, I've only known her for a day," I said.

"I think you do," Hyunseung said.

"How would you know?" I asked.

"As a former Big Bang member, I do know," he said. Over the next several days, this feeling I had for her deepened even more. Taemin started to keep Minzy away from me but it never stopped Minzy from actually talking to me and such. Then I realized it: I do like Minzy.

*Inkigayo, 2010.10.31*

Here we were backstage together. We were very nervous. Performing with each other for the first time. This was also the second time Minzy had performed by herself, as sometime back in 2009 she told me she was in that girl group dance special with HyunA, KARA's Nicole, and BEG's Ga-in. Then a cameraperson for Inkigayo came in.

"May I take a picture of you?" she asked.

"Ummm ok," we all said, all of us coming together for a picture. Taemin tried to go in between me and Minzy but she kept me close, making Taemin move next to me. He was somewhat unhappy because I was with "his girl". Yeah right. He then dragged me out into the hallway again after the picture.

"You really do like her," he said threateningly.

"Yeah, so?" I asked.

"Ok....tonight on stage...it's between you and me only....fighting for her heart," he said.

"We all know she wants me so I suggest you back off Taemin," I said without expression.

"We'll see about that," he said, going back in. I was dead serious when it came to Minzy. Tonight....she's mine.

Inkigayo Stage

The music started and I came out first from my coffin. I danced and yes with the holding of the crotch too. Fans were screaming my name. Then Taemin came out of his. His name was being screamed...but it was louder than mine. I felt like I didn't stand a chance at all. Then Wooyoung and Chansung came out then we danced together. I danced my heart out there and I danced for the love of Minzy. Taemin couldn't help but glare at me. Then....

"Cuz this is Thriller! Thriller night~!"

And there she goes on stage. No other girl can dance like her. Not SNSD's Hyoyeon, not KARA's Nicole, not 4minute's HyunA, not BEG's Ga-in, not even After School's Gahee. She was like a young version of Lee Hyori but with more charisma compared to 4minute's Jiyoon or her group's leader, 2NE1's CL. Compared to maknaes like KARA's Jiyoung, 4minute's Sohyun, f(x)'s Sulli and Krystal, or Miss A's Suzy, she outdoes them all with her cute aegyo. She also probably outdoes her older member Dara as well. She's like no other...she's.....she's Gong Minji....my V.I.U. We all came together for a finale. She then....glanced at me for a second. So did I. Was this destiny? Were we really meant to be together? At the end I looked at her. There was this smile on her face. A smile that only I saw. I felt as if I had won. We all walked off stage and before Taemin could grab her, immediately she clinged to my arm, walking with me. He was shocked. I wasn't because I knew she would come to me.

 

"Oppa, we did good tonight," she said as we both stood outside 2NE1's dressing room.

"You were the best out there, Minzy," I said, smiling.

"I thought you were the best out there," she said.

"YAH GONG MINJI! HURRY UP WE NEED TO GET READY FOR OUR PERFORMANCE!" CL yelled.

"Aish...I gotta go now," Minzy said. Then I grabbed her arm, pulling her in for one quick kiss. As I pulled away she smiled. I smiled back at her.

"Oppa....I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I said. She went into her dressing room and I headed to mine. I gotta say.....this year's Halloween was the best Halloween I ever had. All because of one girl....my V.I.U....Gong Minji.

 

 

 

WAHHHHH THAT TOOK FOREVER!!! >.< Comments are love <3 MinKi/MinKwang FTW~!!!!!
Few Notes:
-KoddakJiyoon is Jiyoon's nickname from the show Bouquet where 4minute is a frequent guest. It is also where Jiyoon showcased her cute aegyo.
-The story was also based off the Halloween Special Stage that included the 5 mentioned in this story: Kikwang, Taemin, Minzy, Chansung, and Wooyoung.
-In my personal opinion....Kwon Sohyun of 4minute sorta does look like Gong Minji