The Photo Shoot Part 1 (屮ಠ益ಠ)屮

Behind the Scenes

"T-ara's Practice Room, circa 2009"

 

 

 

Ddenonagaran geojitmal, (Lying to me to leave,)

Dolrabojimalran ni geojitmal, (Lying to me to not look back,)

Dashi chajjimalran ni geojitmal, (Lying to me to never look for you again,)

Modu da geojitmalriya. (All of them are lies.)

 

Owo hoo hoo!

 

Ni ijeuran geojitmal, (Lying to me to forget you,)

Urin da kkeutnassdan ni geogitmal, (Our end has come, through your lies,)

Amuri saenggakhaebwado neo eobshineun andwae, dashi naege dolrawa. (No matter how many times I think it through, I cannot live without you, please come back.)

 

Hyomin stepped to the right of the practice room with a smile, bring a finger to her lips.      

 

Na, na, na, na jukeulgeotgata niga eobshi amugeotdo mothae.

(I, I, I, I feel like dying, I can’t do anything without you.)   

 

Eunjung moved to the left with the other half of the members of T-ara with a confident strut and a hand on her chest.    

ヽ(´ー`)ノ*confident*

 

Na, na ,na ,na ulgimanhae ibyeoliran malre ingeongeul mothae.

(I, I, I, I just keep crying, the word “goodbye” doesn’t come into my head.)

 

Hyomin continued her part of the choreography, mentally sighing in relief as her last rapping part neared.

 

Ddo, ddo, ddo gaseumiapa ireodaga jeongmal michigeotgatae.

(My, my, my heart is aches, I think I’m gonna go crazy.)

 

The members came together again as Eunjung wrapped up the end of the song.

 

Jebal naege dolrawa dashi naege dolrawa.

(I beg you that you come back to me once again.)

 

Hyomin kneeled down on my right leg, executing the final pose as the music faded out.

 

“…Great job everyone!” *Clap Clap Clap*

 

All the members turned, spotting our smiling manager at the door, clapping like an enthusiastic samchon fan (middle-aged male fan).“Who’s gonna be the best girl group there is? You are!” he said, pointing enthusiastically, “That’s right, YOU ARE!”      

(☞ ゚ヮ゚)☞     *You da man!*

 

Kamsahamnida (Thank you) oppa (Older “brother”),” Boram replied, grinning in gratitude. “Ok everyone, let’s have a five minute break.” The group seperated. Qri and Soyeon left in search for water while Jiyeon stood there, stretching her limbs (and making weird shoulder pops too). Eunjung just collapsed on the floor, showing no indications of movement or life.           

⊂(X_X⊂⌒`つ     *collapsed*

 

Instead of blocking floor space, Hyomin managed to drag herself to the couch, landing with a satisfying thump. “Ugh,” she moaned, sprawling over the wonderfully comfy piece of furniture. Practicing the same song 20 times in a row was tiring and mind-numbing. She could practically do it in her sleep now.              

[(--)]ZZzzz...geo…jit…mal…zzzZZ

 

YAH (HEY)!” Hyomin turned towards the annoying source of sound, groaning even loader at the sight of her abnormally enthusiastic manager. “Get your feet off the couch,” he exclaimed, swatting her legs off. She shot him a scathing glare as he sat down next to her with a grin. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the photo shoot?” he asked, making himself comfortable.

 

Hyomin sat up with a start. “Bwoh (What)!?”    

∑(O_O;)

 

A photo shoot? They had already finished their preparations for their album and debut… “What photo shoot?” she asked, pushing her exhaustion aside.

 

“The one for Invincible Youth of course.”

 

Time stopped. Hyomin’s eyebrows disappeared into her hair as her brain processed the information.

 

Beep beep! You’re brain has been updated! Click here for more details!

 

 She stood up abruptly, almost smacking Jiyeon in the face. “OHMYGOD!! WHAT TIME IS IT!!!??” she shrieked, desperately searching for a clock in their small practice room.            

(゚Д゚;≡;゚Д゚)  *Where’s the clock!?*

 

Her manager glanced at his watch. “9:30,” he said casually, “I don’t know why you’re so worried. You still have 30 min-” Before he could finish, Hyomin sprinted out of the room to their dorms. She had 30 minutes to shower (since she was sweating like a pig from practice), make herself presentable, and get to the studio. “Men!” she muttered, thinking of her manager’s laidback personality, “Getting ready isn’t that easy.” Grabbing a set of clothes (and stubbing her toe in the process), Hyomin jumped in the shower. Her first variety show and she’s already late for the photo shoot…how fantastic.

 

 

 

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・゜(n‘∀ ‘)η゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*   (le story divider)

 

 

 

“Sunny-ah!!!!” Sunny turned around and faced a grinning Taeyeon, clad in a white sailor outfit. “You were awesome!” the danshin (shorty) exclaimed, giving Sunny two thumbs up.  

d(>w<)b

 

“Psh, I’m always awesome,” Sunny grinned, dusting off pretend dust from her shoulder. They had just finished another performance at Inkigayo with “Tell Me Your Wish,” and Sunny had done exceptionally well.

 

Aigoo (yeesh), this kid,” Taeyeon smirked, jokingly slapping her arm.

 

 Tiffany appeared next to Taeyeon, dressed in casual clothes. “Unnie (Older "sister"), since we have the rest of the day off, we were thinking about going to a restaurant. Wanna come?” she asked, her eyes sparkling and crinkling into her famous eye-smile.    

(´^ω^`)

 

“Of course,” Sunny giggled, pinching her cheek, “How can I say no to this face?”  

( =^   ェ^=)―――C<―_-)     *le loving pinch*

 

The two danshins giggled at Tiffany’s fail of a glare when maknae (youngest) nudged Sunny. “Unnie, aren’t you late for the Invincible Youth photo shoot?” Oh Seohyun. That maknae is so uptight, she probably memorized all of her unnies’ schedules.    

ಠ_ರೃ *le proper maknae wearing a monocle

 

“No, Seohyun,” Sunny chuckled, “I still have *glances at clock*…ten minutes.”  ^ㅂ^

 

Everyone: ………  ʘ_ʘ

 

“SHOOT!” Sunny exclaimed. She flew across the waiting room and grabbed Yuri’s arm, cutting off her fascinating conversation with Yoona and Jessica about cosmetics.   

ε=ε=ε=ヽ(`Д´)_/(;*´Д`)ノ *le grab and le drag*

 

“YAH! What are you doing!?” she screamed, trying to escape Sunny’s grip.

 

“PHOTO SHOOT! INVINCIBLE YOUTH! TEN MINUTES! NOW!” Sunny explained, flailing her free hand for emphasis. Yuri, finally understanding, allowed herself to be dragged.

 

“Shouldn’t we change?”

 

“NO TIME! TEN MINUTES! CHANGE IN CAR! WHATEVER! PALLI (HURRY)!”

 

Just as Sunny reached for the doorknob, the door busted open, revealing their disheveled manager (who was holding a clipboard, loose papers, and wearing a wrongly-buttoned shirt).

 

“Sunny! Yuri! Why aren’t you in the van?! We need to-”

 

Ne, ne (Yes, yes) oppa, we know! Go go!” Sunny replied, pushing him out of the room with Yuri in tow. “We’ll see you guys at the restaurant later!” With that said, the trio of queers left.

 

Random moment of silence:…………..AHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Everyone in the room exploded into laughter.      

(⌒▽⌒)    *laughing*

 

“HAHAHAHAHA…Their…their faces…HAHAHAHA!!!!!” Hyoyeon sputtered, grabbing her side.

 

“Do they even know what restaurant we’re going to?” Sooyoung asked, abandoning her bag of noms.

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “Nope,” she grinned, finishing it off with her ahjumma (middle-aged woman) laugh.   

( >٢<)   *le ahjumma laughter*

 

Jessica on the other hand made a confused face. It wasn’t until everyone else calmed down did she finally understand what just happened.

 

“AH! *claps in understanding* They were late and then…BWAHAHAHA!!” Jessica exclaimed/clapped/laughed.

 

Her late response just caused everyone else to burst into laughter once more.

 

Late Jessica = fail Jessica = entertainment for the whole family

 

 

 

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・゜(n‘∀ ‘)η゚・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*   (le story divider)

 

 

 

“Oppa, palli!” Hyomin nagged for the 32nd time.

ヽ(`Д´)ノ*OMG OPPA PALLI!!!*

 

Said oppa glared at the idol from his rearview mirror. “Hyomin, no amount of knee bobbing, chair tapping, OR constant nagging can make this car go faster,” the manager scolded, “Besides, it’s your fault for taking so long in the shower.”

 

Hyomin retaliated with a glare of her own, only five times deadlier.    

(o`皿 ′ o)

 

Her manager cowered in his seat, thanking the world as they made it to the studio. “Y-yah, we’re here.”   

 

Forgetting to throttle her manager, Hyomin quickly got out of the van and sprinted. 

ε=ε=ε=┌(;*´Д`)ノ*I’M LATE! I’M LATE! FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!*

 

Annyeonghaseyo (Hello), T-ara’s Hyomin imnida (I am T-ara’s Hyomin)!” she greeted, doing a 90-degree bow,  “I’m sorry for being late.”

 

A photographer passes by, setting up her equipment. Hyomin bowed. “Mianhee (Sorry),” she apologized, biting her lower lip. The photographer gives Hyomin a weird look and walks away.      

( ´_ゝ`)*what the…?*

 

Another person passes by. *Another bow* “Mianhee.” Another weird look. 

(ΘεΘ;)  *Rookies are weird*

 

The water-boy sprints by. *Le bending of le waist* “Mianhee.”

 

Water-boy: “Eh?”   ∑(O_O;)

 

This continued for about eight more people before she came face to face with a stern looking man with glasses. Hyomin bowed once more, ignoring the pain from her spine. “I’m sorry for being late,” Hyomin muttered, fiddling with the straps of her satchel. The man looked up from his clipboard with an uninterested expression. Turns out he’s none other than the person in charge of the whole photo shoot.

 

“Ah, yes, you’re…*flips through some papers on his clipboard*…Hyomin from T-ara, correct?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“N-ne,” she stuttered. Oh my, what a fascinating floor tile.

 

The man nodded. Taking the pencil he kept tucked behind his ear, the PD scribbled some notes on his paper. “We haven’t started yet, but you should probably come a little earlier next time, arraso (ok)?” Hyomin nodded fervently, avoiding eye contact.

 

THE WILD PHOTO SHOOT PD USED, ‘GENTLE CHIDING’!!!

HYOMIN LOST THE ABILITY, ‘EYE CONTACT’!!!

 

“The waiting room is right over there,” he replied, pointing to his left. Hyomin nodded once more and left. Dear God, that was painful. Why did she tense up like that? Was it because she was a rookie? Maybe his cold, professional demeanor intimidated her? Or maybe-

 

DUE TO HYOMIN’S ‘NERVOUSNESS’, SHE LOST THE ABILITY, ‘WALKING’!!!

HYOMIN IS CONFUSED!!!

HYOMIN TRIPPED OVER NOTHING!!!

 

“HOLY MOTHER-” Hyomin mentally screamed. She quickly caught herself before her face met the floor. Blushing, she quickly scampered into the waiting room.

 

Finally away from awkward stares, she leaned against the door with closed eyes and exasperated sighs. Who trips on a flat surface?! And right in front of the PD too! GAH! You babo (fool, idiot, etc.)!

 

“ ‘Scuz me,” a voice piped up, interrupting her train of depressing thoughts. Hyomin opened her eyes and saw a short woman in her mid-thirties. From the looks of the dyed hair, gum chewing, and sassy looking posture, she was probably a hairdresser. Noticing her expectant look, Hyomin sidestepped out of the way, allowing her access out of the room.

 

Why is she being such a socially awkward penguin today?

 

Slowly making her way towards a couch, Hyomin scanned the room for any familiar faces. Across the room was another couch, seating three people.

 

One of them was a fair skinned brunette, wearing a simple black and gray dress. She was munching on some pocky and chatting with a (rather handsome) man, who was probably her manager.

 

“Oppa, I’m still hungry~~” she cooed, pouting cutely.    (´・ω・`)

 

Omo (Gee whiz)! That’s Hyuna! …As in y, Charismatic Hyuna from 4minute! …The very Hyuna who was now in front of her whining for food…whoa much?

 

“Hyuna, you’re in the middle of a photo shoot! Oppa will buy you some ice cream later…but only if you behave,” the manager replied, giving her a “you’d-better-be-a-good-little-celebrity” look.

 

“Yays!” Hyuna giggled, looking like any other carefree teenager.     

(=^ェ^=) *happy Hyuna*

 

Hyuna = prime example of “Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover”

 

Sitting on the other side of the couch was none other than Kara’s Hara. She was texting on her phone with her legs crossed, but otherwise she stayed motionless. Hyomin on the other hand did a mini-double take.

 

She really did look like a doll! Hara’s wavy brown hair framed her small face, which still radiated despite the lack of make up. Her cheeks were tinged with a natural pink, and she pursed her lips as she stared at her phone screen. Her glittering black dress and motionlessness just added to her dolly appearance. But what really stood out were her eyes.

 

Looking up from her phone, Hara caught Hyomin’s gaze. Great. Now she looks like a socially awkward STALKER-penguin. She was probably staring at her for a good 30 seconds (or perhaps she was just being paranoid :p).

 

Her large eyes held a warm look and were practically sparkling (how she does it, Hyomin'll never know). Hara topped it off with a friendly smile.  

*:.。.. ( ゚ヮ゚)  .。.:*      *sparkle sparkle*

 

Hyomin smiled in return, even though it would probably looked more like spasm if anything.  

(゚ 皿   ゚)   *smile fail*

 

Feeling more confident, Hyomin made her way towards the other couch. Someone else was already sitting there: an unfamiliar face with a skinny body and a pale complexion. Hyomin sat down, and before she could open to speak, the girl already stood up.

 

“O-oh, a-annyeonghaseyo,” the mystery girl stuttered, bowing low. Bewildered, Hyomin also stood up and bowed. “Um…Hello,” Hyomin mimicked. Hey, don’t blame her. No one has ever bowed at her like that before.

 

“W-would you like to sit?” she asked, avoiding eye contact. (Sound familiar much?)

 

“Er, sure. Why don’t you sit down too and…uh…”

 

“Er…okay.”

 

“Yeah…cuz there’s still plenty of room and…”

 

*silence*

 

“You can just…yeah…”

 

Both of them sat down at the same time, shadowed by a cloud of raw, unbearable awkwardness.

 

*giggles* (⌒▽⌒)

 

Both of the awkward penguins looked up, spotting a giggling Hyuna.

 

“Aw, they’re so cute!~~” Hyuna chuckled; Hara hid her smile behind her hand.

 

As weird as it was, it seemed to break the ice. Hyomin turned towards the mystery girl with a smile. “Hi, my name’s Hyomin. I’m from T-ara.”

 

The girl smiled shyly in return. “Hello. My name is Sunhwa. I am a member of the rookie group, Secret. Please take care of me from now on.” She finishes off with another mini-bow/nod.

 

Hyomin snorted. “Take care of you? I can barely take care of myself! I just debuted a few months ago!” Sunhwa smiled brightly, looking five times less terrified.

 

Both made some light conversation, but eventually a hairdresser approached them. “Sunhwa, it’s your turn,” she replied, gesturing towards the make up station.

 

Sunhwa got up, giving Hyomin an apologetic look. Hyomin smiled in return, making shooing motions. Before she could mope too long in her loneliness, another person sat down on the couch.

 

“Hey Hyomin,” the person replied coolly, crossing her legs (despite her SHORT dress). 

(´ー`) *sup?*

 

Hyomin stared at the newcomer with squinted eyes, trying to match a name to her face. “…AH! Narsha sunbaenim (senior)!”she exclaimed.

 

Narsha scowled. “Yah, I told you to stop calling me that! It makes me feel old.” She crossed her arms and laid back. “Call me unnie.”      

(Θ益Θ )   *Stop looking at me like that! I’m not old!!*

 

“Ne, unnie,” Hyomin chuckled.

 

How do they know each other, you might ask? Quite simple really. They go to the same beauty salon.

 

“Yah, you still owe me a new shirt,” Narsha replied nonchalantly, staring at her nails.

 

Hyomin gulped, remembering their first meeting. “Unnie, it was an accident!”

 

Shouldn’t the stain have washed off by now?

 

“It was vintage! But that’s ok; I can wait. I expect interest though.”

 

Fortunately, Hyomin was saved from answering when the photo shoot PD entered the room. “Ok everyone, we’re about to start. I know we’re still missing two members, but considering the time I think we should start without-”

 

KABLAM!!!!

 

“OH DEAR GOD!! SORRY!!! SORRYSORRYSORRYSORRYSORRYSORRYSORRY!!!”

 

Everyone stared in amazement as the door behind him busted open, hitting the PD with enough force to daze a rhino; he collapsed on the floor, breaking his glasses.   

⊂(_  _ ⊂⌒`つ  *face plant*

 

At the doorway, apologizing at the speed of sound, were two…sailors?

 

 

 

 

Author's Rambles: So what do you think? too long? kekeke It was actually going to be longer, but I split it in half  ^_^

 

Feel free to *cough* give me your *cough* opinion down in the comments....*cough* *not very subtle wink* hehe

 

For those of you who don't know, Invincible Youth is an ACTUAL variety show. It is the most awesome thing that came to tv, so CHECK IT OUT!!! :D

 

Random Question of the day:

What's your favorite Sunbyung moment?