Final

Quiet with a loud mind

I changed the plot a little bit and now the title doesn't have anything to do with the story. The description matches though, so enjoy! ^^ 

 

A routine was the best way to describe Gikwang and Dongwoon's relationship. What started out as an exciting romance where both of them were madly in love has burned out into a dull relationship- if you could even call it that. 

Dongwoon never seems to be home at all and when he was, he was always busy on his laptop or checking his phone. Their only interaction now was "Have a good day, I love you.", "Bye, I love you." "See you later, love you." "Goodnight I love you." It was as though the three words have lost their meaning.

The Dongwoon that always insisted on having dinner together with Gikwang and the Dongwoon that never slept without Gikwang snuggled up next to him was gone. A cold lover has replaced him.

And Gikwang noticed. How could he not? The lonely bed, the silent dinners. Sometimes Gikwang wondered to himself if perhaps he had always lived alone and his life with his boyfriend was just once big hallucination. The house, once filled with conversation and laughing and , was now as silent as a cemetery. Speaking of , when was the last time Dongwoon ever initiated something intimate anyways?

As pathetic as it sound, Gikwang doesn't remember. Even the goodbye kisses were given by him. And that leads to him sobbing into Yoseob's arms while his best friend rubs his back comfortingly.

"Do you think that maybe...he doesn't love me anymore?" Gikwang mumbles after calming down a bit, clutching at his own shirt in fear that his boyfriend has lost all feelings for him.

"Of course not, Gikwangie. The boy loves you. Remember all the efforts he put in in order to win you over?" Yoseob offers, patting Gikwang's shoulder sympathetically.

And how could Gikwang forget? The love notes, the roses, the little gifts and the phonecalls. God, how much Gikwang misses Dongwoon's phonecalls. Dongwoon used to call Gikwang numerous times a day, checking up on him, asking him what he was doing and making sure that Gikwang has eaten his lunch. At the time, Gikwang felt as if Dongwoon was slightly overbearing, but now, oh, the things he would do to have that Dongwoon back.

Gikwang cried even harder and curled himself on Yoseob's sofa. Yoseob sighed, regretting his choice of words. "Gikwangie.."

"Just...just give me a mo-moment, Seobbie." Gikwang hiccuped in between sobbing. Yoseob nodded understandingly, offering him a small smile before retreating into his bedroom so as to leave the younger some personal space.

It was already 11pm and Gikwang still wasn't home. Dongwoon paced around the house restlessly before giving up and throwing himself onto a couch. He has been calling Gikwang since 9pm and the boy still hasn't picked up his phone. Dongwoon frowned, checking his messages to see if Gikwang has replied, but there was only his last message that he had sent in the early afternoon, stating that he was going to go hang out with Yoseob.

"Hello...Dongwoon ah...? Why are you calling? It's so late.." Yoseob murmurs sleepily, rubbing his tired eyes as he crawled out of Dujun's arms in order to sit upright.

"Yoseob hyung, do you know where Gikwangie is?" Dongwoon asked, soothing his temples as he tried to not go crazy over the fact that his boyfriend has been missing the whole day. 

"Gikwangie...?" Yoseob thought aloud, trying to figure out where the hell his best friend was while his mind was still clouded with sleep.

"Baby...who's that on the phone?" Dujun asks, realising that his source of warmth was gone. He moved over to cling onto Yoseob's sitting body, wrapping his arms around Yoseob's waist and nuzzling his face in his hips.

"It's Dongwoonie. He's looking for Gikwangie." Yoseob answered, mouth still forming a cute little pout as he continued thinking.

"Gikwang is sleeping in the living room, babe. He ate some leftover pizza I brought back from Junhyung's and fell asleep. I offered him the guest room but he declined. I figured he's having some problems back home, so." Dujun replies carelessly, still nuzzling his face. Yoseob was stunned to say the least. He had totally forgotten about his best friend who has been in his living room from late afternoon till near midnight. Yoseob immediately gets up from the bed and runs to the living room, seeing Gikwang snuggled up against a couch pillow with a blanket over him, probably courtesy of Dujun.

"Hyung..?" 

"Oh! Dongwoon ah, Gikwangie is sleeping on my couch. Aish, I'm so sorry dongwoonie, I forgot all about him. Are you coming to pick him up? " Yoseob asks, adjusting the blanket that's over Gikwang before going back into his room.

"Thanks hyung, I'll reach in about 15 minutes. See you. " Dongwoon replied, heaving a sigh, knowing that his boyfriend was safe, before hurriedly grabbing his keys and driving off to Yoseob's house.

Sure enough, in 15 minutes, the doorbell to Yoseob's house was being rung. Yoseob once again trudged out of his room to open the door. The moment he unlocked the door, a panicked Dongwoon was revealed, panting and slightly shaking from the winter cold. Yoseob quickly invited Dongwoon into the house before proceeding to make him some green tea to warm him up, despite his protests. 

Dongwoon walked over to the couch to see his sleeping boyfriend. A small pout was etched onto his adorable face and his body was curled up into a couch pillow. Dongwoon smiled at this and leaned down to press a small kiss against Gikwang's forehead. Gikwang smelt of Yoseob's lavender shampoo so the boy must have taken a bath not too long ago. Dongwoon was in the midst of brushing some of Gikwang's fringe out of his eyes when Yoseob let out a small cough, signalling that the tea was done. 

Dongwoon joined Yoseob at the dining table, giving him a small thankful smile before sipping at his tea. "Dongwoon-ah. I think we should talk." Dongwoon sighed, putting down his cup before nodding. 

"Okay hyung. We probably should..." Dongwoon started awkwardly.

"This wasn't what I expected when I entrusted my best friend to you, Dongwoon. Why exactly are you behaving this way?" Yoseob questioned persistently. "He's ing miserable, and I'm sure you know that. So why? Why are you hurting him? He clearly doesn't know what's happening or if he did anything wrong so I'm guessing that the problem lies with you. You better spill, idiot. " At this point Yoseob was shouting furiously.

Dongwoon flinches at Yoseob's harsh words, but says nothing because he understands where Yoseob was coming from. It didn't take an idiot to realise that Gikwang was completely innocent and would never hurt anyone, which was why his best friend would get so overprotective over him.

Dongwoon looks up to Yoseob's angry eyes before sighing once again. "It's hard to explain...There's this girl, Seoyeon, she's some spoilt brat, daughter of a millionaire and potential investor, who's my dad's best friend. She happens to take a liking to me as well. I've been going on a couple of dates with her over the past three months to make my dad happy but I just- I just can't you know. Gikwang is the one the I love, the one that I want to be with forever, not some pretentious girl. But God- how much I want to help my father with the company... He's not forcing me into it or anything. I know that he has a soft spot for Gikwang as well. And if the relationship between me and the girl works out and we end up getting married, the money would be good for the company...and I don't know hyung, I don't know what to do." Dongwoon breaks down, tears slowly streaming down his face as he cries softly into his palms.

"Dongwoonie..." 

A soft murmur was heard and Dongwoon immediately looks up to see his boyfriend in the hallway with a shocked look upon his face which eventually turned into sadness. Yet, Gikwang forced a smile onto his face as he took heavy steps towards Dongwoon. 

"Oh woonie, you should have just told me about it, silly." Gikwang says, smiles faltering a little but he quickly fixes it. "I'll make things easier for you, don't worry... I'll-I'll break up with you. Okay? Don't let appa, I mean, uncle down..." At this point, Gikwang gave up on forcing a smile as his lips trembled and his eyes watered. "Let's break- break up, woonie. " Before he could even finish his sentence, the tears began plummeting down Gikwang's face. 

"Kiki..." Dongwoon stood up but before he could do anything else, Gikwang grabbed his belongings and ran out of Yoseob's door. 

"Dongwoon. I'm sorry. I didn't know. " Yoseob says, looking down a little guiltily. It must have been his angry shouting that woke Gikwang up in the first place.

"It's not your fault hyung. I understand. Don't worry. I'll fix this." Dongwoon thanked Yoseob again before running out to find his lover.

Lucky enough, or unluckily enough, Dongwoon didn't have to run far at all to find his boyfriend, because Gikwang was at the foot of the porch, holding his ankle while trying to stand up. Dongwoon realized that Gikwang has hurt his ankle and took the chance to hurriedly pick Gikwang up bridal style before carrying him towards his car. 

Gikwang was hitting on Dongwoon's chest and struggling to get out of his grip. He didn't need Dongwoon seeing him be pathetic as such, especially just after their breakup. "Put me down! Son Dongwoon! Put me-" Dongwoon silences him with a kiss, not exactly a soft one but definitely not a rough one either. Just one that was perfect enough to keep Gikwang quiet as he carried him to the car, placing him at the passenger seat and helping him to buckle his seatbelt.

The ride is silent at first, Dongwoon concentrating on the traffic while glancing at Gikwang from time to time. Gikwang was fidgeting in his seat, trying to remain calm both from the pain in his ankle and the fact that he was there beside Dongwoon, after hearing his confession and breaking up with him. Too much had happened in too short of a time and Gikwang's mind was a whirlpool. He tried to even his breathing as he stared out of the window, calming himself by looking at the beautiful seoul night lights.

"Where are we going?" Gikwang asks after he realized that they weren't going in the direction of their apartment. Their home. The thought itself stabbed at Gikwang's heart. Was it still going to be their home or did one of them had to move out? Were they going to sell the home that they've lived in for the past 3 years and split the cost? Every thought hurts.

"Sorry the ride's so long. It's the only 24 hour clinic I know. " Dongwoon replies, glancing at Gikwang shortly before continuing to focus on the road. Clinic? Gikwang's confused mind was thinking why in the world were they going to a clinic. Oh! He had totally forgotten about the throbbing in his ankle. The emotional pain of his heart must have overridden the physical pain. If only he had been more careful and remembered that there were steps leading down from the porch. How stupid he must have looked, all sprawled out on the floor.

When they had reached the clinic, Dongwoon had wanted to carry Gikwang bridal style again, but Gikwang vehemently declined, saying that he would rather die of pain in the car than let everyone see him get carried bridal style. However, Dongwoon was opposed to letting Gikwang walk by himself as well, and eventually they agreed, not so willingly for Gikwang, on Dongwoon piggybacking Gikwang.

Throughout the whole checkup, Dongwoon was there holding Gikwang's hand. And being in pain, Gikwang just accepted the gesture, squeezing it when the doctor pulled on his ankle too hard. 
"This isn't good. It's a grade 2 sprain which will require at least a month to two of recovery. How did you fall? " the doctor inquired, wrapping his leg with a cast-boot.

"I fell and hit the edge of a couple of stairs before falling again on the pavement. " Gikwang answered, wincing a little.

"Oh dear, why were you so careless?" 

"I...erm..." Gikwang bit on his lip nervously.

"I'm sorry, it isn't really in my place to ask. How does it feel? It's not too tight is it?" Gikwang shook his head no. 

"Are you his boyfriend?" The doctor turned to Dongwoon, handing him some prescriptions and pills. Out of habit, Dongwoon nodded his head, taking the tablets. 

"He's not!" Gikwang protested, pouting.

"Alright..." The doctor continued awkwardly. "Anyways, he needs to take the painkillers two times a day, three if necessary. They're best taken after meals, and make sure he doesn't go around walking and moving his ankle too much." 

Dongwoon nodded again, mentally taking notes of the doctor's instructions in his head. "Is that all?" 

"I don't know if I should tell you this, but there shouldn't be any ual for at least three weeks to be safe. But since you're not his boyfriend...I" The doctor scratched at his head. "If there's nothing else, you may leave. The next checkup is in a month so as to change the cast. Take care, Gikwang-ssi."

After Dongwoon payed and the two males started making their way out of the clinic, with Gikwang limping (because even a piggyback was too embarrassing for him) and Dongwoon holding him for support, Dongwoon noticed that Gikwang was shivering so he started taking out his own jacket. "I don't need it." Gikwang argued weakly, lips trembling in the cold. Dongwoon sighed, ignoring him and putting the jacket over him. The walk to the car wasn't far but Dongwoon was afraid of Gikwang catching a cold.

"Kiki baby..." Dongwoon started as soon as they were alone in the car. But Gikwang shook his head and looked down on his lap while playing with his fingers. "We'll talk at home okay? Please babe, don't ignore me." Gikwang said nothing. Don't ignore me? Gikwang thought. that. That's what you've been doing to me for the past three months and you can't even stand me ignoring you for more than a second.

As soon as they entered their apartment, Gikwang let go of Dongwoon and started using any furniture he could as leverage. "Babe..." Before Dongwoon could continue, Gikwang looked back at him with tears in his eyes.

"Stop it Dongwoon, there's nothing to talk about. We're over. Marry the girl. It'll make appa, God, I mean, Uncle proud." Gikwang's voice cracked when he said appa. He was so used to it, and has been calling the old man that ever since he had insisted on it after meeting Gikwang the very first time. He tried to limp-run to the room but Dongwoon immediately ran forward and carried the boy in his arms, before placing him gently on the bed.

"What do you ing want Dongwoon. Just stop, you're making it harder than it already is." Gikwang shouted at Dongwoon, angry tears making their way down his pale face.

"I want you, Gikwang. Please. God, I want you so badly. I don't care about that girl at all, you're all that I care about babe. Don't leave me...please.. I'm so sorry for not telling you sooner because I knew this would happen. Don't leave me Kiki.." At this point, Dongwoon was crying as well, pulling Gikwang into a tight hug and sobbing into his hair. 

"Please...don't break up with me." Dongwoon whispered into Gikwang's hair. Gikwang cried even harder. The pain in his heart was so overwhelming. Gikwang understood that Dongwoon loves him but it wasn't in his place to stay. He didn't want to feel like a burden. He wanted Dongwoon's father company to do well. 

"The company Woonie..." 

" it." Dongwoon pulled back and there was a different aura about him. He seemed determined about something and he took out his phone before punching in some numbers that Gikwang recognized.

"Don't be impulsive-"

"Hello appa?" Dongwoon greeted. He put the phone on loud speaker because he wanted Gikwang to hear the conversation. Dongwoon prayed that his Father wouldn't disappoint him. "I'm sorry Appa, but I can't marry the girl. It's Gikwangie that I want to be with forever. About the company-"

"Dongwoon-ah. I never told you to leave Gikwang, he's a lovely boy. It's true that if you marry her, the company would be extremely prosperous. But I care about my son's happiness and future much more than my company's. What's wrong? Don't tell me you've hurt the poor boy?" Dongwoon's father answered easily, despite it being past midnight. The old man must have been awake reading and replying emails.

"I'd hurt him appa. He wants us to break up after finding out about her." Dongwoon mumbled guiltily into the phone.

"You fool. Is he with you? Pass him the phone."

"He-hello Uncle?" Gikwang says softly, hiccuping from how hard he had been crying. 

"Son, didn't I tell you to call me Appa?"

"But Uncle-"

"Ignore that idiot son of mine. He must have hurt you pretty bad for you to be crying now. You shouldn't have to sacrifice anything for my company, Gikwang-ah, although I appreciate the gesture. What exactly happened between the both of you?" Dongwoon's father sounded so concerned, assuring Gikwang and making him feel much better.

"It's a long story Appa..."

"Tell me next time you visit, okay? Has Dongwoon proposed to you yet? He has been telling me that he had some plans for it and-"

"APPA!" Dongwoon hurriedly turned off the speaker mode and ran into the bathroom. Gikwang sat further up on the bed so that he was leaning against the headrest. He wiped at his tears as a genuine smile began to form again and soon enough he was giggling to himself as he heard Dongwoon hushed scolding towards his father because of his revealed secret. 

"So...is everything okay between us?" Dongwoon asked, sliding into bed beside Gikwang with an embarrassed smile tugging on his face. 

"I guess. But why have you been ignoring me these few months? I still don't understand." Gikwang asks, looking confused as ever. 

"Kiki, I was basically cheating on you by going on those dates with her. How else could I interact with you normally? Even just by looking at you I feel so, so guilty. The goodbye kisses and welcome home kisses were enough to make me stay in the shower for an hour just to calm down." Dongwoon replies honestly, taking Gikwang's hand into his own and tracing random patterns on it.

"I understand that you did it for the company though...Gikwang says, turning his body so that he was facing his once again, boyfriend. "You two didn't do anything on those dates right?" He narrows his eyes skeptically.

"God no. Stop it Kiki, you know I'm not into girls." Dongwoon answers with a disgusted look on his face, sticking his tongue out. 

"So technically you weren't cheating on me since you're not even straight..."

"Think what ever you want babe but I'll never stop feeling guilty for hurting you like this. Even your ankle. It's swollen now all because of me." Dongwoon pouted, massaging Gikwang's ankle slightly through the cast.

"About that proposal...." Gikwang teased, knowing that it would tense Dongwoon up and lighten the mood. Sure enough, he instantly stopped massaging Gikwang's leg and looked at Gikwang incredulously.

"Pretend you never heard that and let that be the last ever secret I keep from you okay babe?" Gikwang nodded happily before his smile slowly turned into a smirk, pulling Dongwoon closer to him so as to smash their lips together. He has been dreaming about properly kissing Dongwoon's lips for too long and he relished in those delicious, thin lips that he now knew belonged to him forever.

Dongwoon moved to hover over Gikwang's body so that they could make out properly. Gikwang wasn't the only one who missed their intimacy. It wasn't any easier for the easily tempted Son Dongwoon to resist and ignore his y boyfriend for the past three months.

"Mmmhmm Woonie..." Gikwang moaned when Dongwoon started kissing down Gikwang's jaw before stopping at his neck to a bruise. "Woo-woonie..." Gikwang brought back Dongwoon's lips to his so that they could make out again. However, Dongwoon felt a sneaky hand ride up his thigh to palm at his growing . 

"Don't do this to me babe. You heard what the doctor said." Dongwoon growled in Gikwang's ear as he pulled Gikwang's stubborn hand away. He nipped at Gikwang's earlobe before moving off to the side of the bed beside Gikwang again. 

"But- but woonie! You can't just...seriously? It's been three months already and I have to wait for practically another month? Dongwoonie~ at this rate I'm going to be a again!" Gikwang protested, whining and pouting and doing everything he could to make Dongwoon give in. 

"Sorry baby, but I love you more than that. Don't worry, just one more month and Dongwoon junior and your will be reunited. " Dongwoon replied cheekily, pressing a soft kiss to Gikwang's cheek. After slightly more grumbling, Gikwang gave up and settled himself against Dongwoon's chest. He nuzzled his face against it and enjoyed the familiar warmth it provided him.

"Woonie are you sure about this? The company-" Gikwang was starting to get unsure again.

"Babe...investors come and go but you, there's only one of you. So stop thinking about the company okay? I'll just work harder to find other investors." Dongwoon reassured him, his cheek and staring into his lover's beautiful chocolate eyes. "I love you more than anything. More than the company. "

"Mmhm..." Gikwang answers, suddenly feeling exhausted after the straining day. "I love you too Woonie. Share your burdens with me okay? Don't ever keep anything from me ever again..."

"Never again, babe."

"And also, make sure to me well after my stupid ankle has healed."