What a day

A Best Friend Love.

"I have to go to school but I'm so lazy." Naeun groaned as she tossed and the bed.But then, Taemin's face crossed her mind and that spark of wanting to go to school appeared.She got to her feet and was aiming for the bathroom when all of a sudden, the pale face next to him yesterday visited her mind.How could she forgot that beautiful girlfriend of his?She said to herself and continued lamenting her bad luck while preparing for school.

She reached school with much hardships and cursings.People around her gave her a weird stare as she kept on talking to herself like she just lost her mind.

"What did the poor girl do?She's so young and pretty." And so people around kept on talking, but she never heard it.Those compliments that people blurt out, she never noticed.But Taemin always heard it.He would smile and look at the Naeun beside him every time he heard it to see her reaction.But she had no reaction as she was oblivious to it.It was like she was in her own world of insecurities.

As soon as she got into the class, without caring to greet her classmates, she continued her depressed sleep at her table.She felt so lazy.She didn't want to face anything that day.

Naeun kept on being depressed during he whole class.Even the teacher noticed the dark and gloomy aura around her.No one dared to mess with her that day.The innocent, sweet Naeun disappeared that day.During recess, she refused to eat, and stayed sulking in the class.No one knew why.They just knew that she had to be left alone.

"Taemin, look at your friend here.She's been there all day." She heard Soojung complained before going out and frowned at the statement.

"Why do you have to tell that to Taemin?!" She hissed under her breathe and threw daggers at Soojung with her eyes but Soojung was already out of the class and her eyes met Taemin's soft ones.She sighed and turned away.She knew that Taemin would start raining her with questions and she would always end up telling the truth.She just prayed that her heart was strong enough to avoid the temptation of confessing and ruining relationships.

"Hey, are you on your period?" He whispered and looked around.Hearing this Naeun's eyes widened and she glared fiercely at Taemin.Out of annoyance, she stood up, so strongly that the arrangement of tables for her row was messed up a bit and stomped her way out of the class.She continued expressing her rage by kicking pebbled,big or small throughout her way to the shady place under the big tree in the school field.The principal's pride and glory.Taemin just helplessly trailed behind while wondering what did he do wrong.He thought he did the right thing because girls usually do that.Or so he thought.

She then sat on the grass and stared at nothing.

"Naeun, are you mad at me?For not telling you earlier about Sulli?" Taemin guessed.He assumed that that must be the problem since, she just turned to be like this yesterday.

"You're supposed to tell me about her before you started dating her." She replied, not even looking at him.Frankly, she didn't care.If Taemin told her about it earlier, she would be so moody earlier.It's just a matter of time.

"But she's a nice girl.I thought of surprising you.Never knew you would be too surprised."

"She's nice?" She asked and he nodded.

"You're happy?" He nodded again.

"Good."

 

Weekend came and it's the time to have fun and take a break from school.But Naeun wished weekend never came for it bothered her to think that Taemin was having a date with Sulli.Her mind went back to the day Taemin introduced her to Sulli.She didn't even take  a good look at her face,She just knew that it was pale and her eyes were staring at her expectantly.Like she wanted to be friends with her.Her eyes then travelled to the picture of her and Taemin at her bedside.

"We have no chance?" She asked the picture and as if she saw Taemin shaking his head, she cried.But then her phone rang.She wiped her tears and swallowed her saliva  so that her voice won't be cracking when she talk through the phone.She was planning to reject the call but when she saw Taemin's name blinking on the screen, she answered it.It was kind of expected.

/Naeun, let's hang out today./

/What about Sulli?/

/Yeah.Me, you and Sulli./ 

Naeun rolled her eyes hearing the other name.

/Okay./

/Cool, I'll pick you up./

The call ended.Naeun puffed her cheeks and let out a loud groan.It's going to be a great day, she sarcastically thought.

 

Taemin arrived and Naeun scurried to the back seat since she already saw someone occupying the seat next to Taemin.Her seat.Once she was in, she felt her heart shaking.It was weird and she kept on furrowing because of it.And Sulli somehow noticed it since she had been paying attention on her the moment she laid her eyes on her.

"Is something causing you discomfort?We can change seats." She offered and Naeun snapped from her confusion.Usually no one would ask her about her discomfort but this girl noticed even when she's sitting at the front.

"No, it's okay.I'm just wearing a new pants so, I'm not used to it yet." 

Hearing this, Taemin took a quick glance towards what she was wearing and looked to the front again.

"You wore that before.It's not new." He stated.Naeun smacked the back of his head and earned a laugh from Sulli.

"What was that for?" Taemin argued.

"Not shutting your mouth." Naeun retorted.Sulli just watched the two with a big smile colouring her face.

"You guys are funny." Sulli exclaimed and received a look from Naeun.

"He was being annoying!" Naeun pointed out.

"Don't say bad things about me to her will you?And Sulli laughs at everything." Taemin said.The atmosphere in the car was fun and everyone got along well.And Naeun thought that maybe, she could be friends with Sulli.But about letting Taemin go, she was still thinking about it.And the status was 99% fighting for her love, 1% letting Sulli have it.

 

The 'hang out' ended and Naeun was waving goodbye to Taemin and Sulli in front of her house.She watched as the car drifted away from her house and she silently strolled her way to the room.And she tried hard not to think of what Taemin and Sulli would do in the car that they were alone already.She should just let Taemin send Sulli home first but she knew that Taemin purposely sent her home first.She rolled her eyes at Taemin's sneaky move and at the same time wondered, 'was her bestfriend always like this?'.

She had to admit that today was fun with Sulli being all-chatty and never left her alone.Sulli would always bring up an interesting topic and Taemin would go along with it.She could see that the two were so compatible and swept away the thoughts to the back of her mind.During the movie, she noticed that Taemin slung his arm behind Sulli's back like couples would do,and they looked so natural doing that.They must have gone out a lot to be that sweet.

As she closed her eyes she mumbled "What a day." 

Meanwhile in the car...

"Sulli, you know, my birthday is getting closer." Taemin started.He took the silence as a signal for him to go on.

"What do you have in mind for my birthday present?" He asked with a big grin on his face as he was expecting some 'naughty' answers but furrowed when there were still no reply.He looked to his side and then groaned in frustration.

"Yah, are you sleeping already?" 

Sulli only answered with snores.