Baby Steps

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeah, it had taken way longer than he initially expected, but Daesung finally felt that he had this parenting thing down pat. Haneul was getting bigger, literally every day. She used to sleep in the bed between the two of them when she was smaller, but now she was toddling Daesung felt it was right that she sleep in her own bed. She was sleeping through the night now and Daesung had read somewhere that it was good for development for toddlers to have their own space. Seunghyun had been quite put out about it, though. He’d had this romantic notion of his entire family tucked up in one bed. He had sulked the entire day after Daesung had made the decision; cradled Haneul in his arms and trailed behind Daesung around the house, flitting between making faces and pouting, with comments such as “you’re taking away my baby” uttered every 10 minutes. He also managed to teach Haneul to do the same sad mopey face, both of them teaming up to try and change Daesung's mind.

Daesung was staying strong on this; he didn’t want Haneul staying in their bed until she hit puberty or anything else that could hinder her development. Plus, she had a beautifully decorated room of her own. Seunghyun was only appeased when Daesung reminded him that they can finally start using their bed in the biblical sense once again.

They were all sitting together on the floor of the study; Seunghyun leaning against the sofa with Daesung propped up between his legs. Haneul was playing with a xylophone by one of the chairs in the corner (all of the more adventurous chairs had been moved to storage long before Hanuel had come home with them). It had been Seunghyun’s idea that they surround Haneul with art and music from an early age - something about teaching her to appreciate culture from young. Often, Seunghyun sat with her in the study surrounded by paintings and sculptures, hoping that the creative ambiance would soak into her brain like osmosis. As well as removing sharp c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter