TO HELL WITH NONCHALANCE(NOSY PEOPLE ALWAYS KNOW)

이름없는 기억

 

 

 

 

Eli couldn’t say he didn’t notice anything different with Lexi’s behavior towards Kevin and vice versa. Well, he hadn’t known Lexi for long, but it didn’t take a genius to figure out that they were –what was that term? Oh, yeah. Hostile to each other. Besides, he knew Kevin well. And you don’t know anyone that well without knowing quite a bit about them.

True, Lexi was closer to them now, barging in their dorm whenever she wanted, but she always seemed to go her way and avoid Kevin. Kiseop agreed with him at that observation.

Then there was Kevin himself. The last time they’d seen the guy meet Lexi’s eyes, he cringed like he was burnt. Oh, they always seem really normal during rehearsals. They have to. But private life was a bit different.

And then there was Xander. Eli couldn’t even begin to explain what was happening. He had disgusting questions like, were Lexi and Xander together? And “I thought Xander was gay?”(he got a punch in the gut for that). He’d argued about it with Kiseop and AJ(who didn’t really seem interested at first) but all they came up was that Kevin and Lexi had a past relationship and Xander was a spectator; or Xander and Lexi had a relationship and Kevin was a third wheel or something. It all seemed unlikely to him.

Their nosing only stopped when Hoon told them they sounded like useless old biddies gossiping.

Right at that moment, Eli stared as Kevin and Lexi loaded luggage into the van at the same time. Nobody said a word. Lexi just gave him the StinkEye while Kevin looked nothing short of petrified.

“How the hell are they going to pull off that music video at this rate?” Eli muttered under his breath.

“Don’t ask me. It’s creepy enough just thinking about it.” Dong Ho hugged six packs of munchies to his chest.

“You’ve noticed.”

“Hyung, I’m eighteen(seventeen in other countries),” he said. “I’m supposed to notice things like that.”

Eli clucked his tongue. “Puberty,” he muttered, remembering how Kevin said it.

Dong Ho looked slightly insulted. “Hyung, I’m the same age as her. You don’t see me having that problem.”

The older boy clapped him on the shoulder. “Go put that in the car.”

 

“I was about to go on!” Lexi complained as AJ jumped into the van before she even got the chance to hold the door.

“Sorry, saeng. I got here first,” AJ answered. He winked at her and pointed at Kevin’s car. “Plenty of room there.”

She winced in reply. “There is something called being a gentleman, you know.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

AJ sighed and stepped down. Lexi smiled in response and tried to climb up but the boy carried her bridal style and deposited her by Kevin’s car. With a bow, he opened the door. “Gentlemanly enough for you?”

Too surprised to protest, she made a face. “Fine.” Stuffing her earbuds into her ears, she walked back t the van, AJ close at her heels. “Eli, Kiseop, Dong Ho. With me in the other car.”

The three looked at each other. “Why us?” Dong Ho complained.

“Because,” she answered stubbornly.

“But –I’m too young to die! I-” The maknae was cut off when Eli covered his mouth and smiled. “Sure.”

“What?!” AJ protested. “No fun, Eun Byul!”

She stuck her tongue out and pulled Kiseop with her. Kevin, who was alreay at the driver’s seat, looked up briefly as she entered with her entourage. Dong Ho quickly got in the shotgun seat, turning to Eli, who was directly behind him.

“We’re going to die,” he mouthed.

Eli saluted at him. “See you in heaven,” he  mouthed right back.

 

Kevin was hugely aware of the presence in the backseat of his car. Lexi, Kiseop and Eli squashed with each other. They were an hour into the ride and the girl hasn’t spoken. In fact, despite the fact that the other three were blabbering nonstop, she had her eyes focused on the window, her head leaning against her arm.

He focused on her without meaning to. It seemed unnatural, but he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it.

“Kevin,” Eli called his attention.

“Mwo?” he asked.

“Eyes on the road, dude.”

Kevin sensed the innuendo in his tone. “Oh, harr harr, Eli.” So much for stealth. He went back to his thoughts. He didn’t know what Eli was insinuating, but he sensed ti wasn’t helping him either way. He sighed as the freeway came to sight. Ever since his birthday the week past, he felt as if everybody was onto him. Well, how was he to know  they were up to something? After all, they did piss him off.

It’s probably your association with Song Ye Jeun, he told himself. And basing from the others’ constant disgusted looks, he was dead right.

 

“Holy Hell.”

The view from the balcony robbed Lexi of all un-nasty speech. They were in a summer house overlooking a small forest on the left, and the beach to the right. The fact that it was winter didn’t seem to affect them at all, and Lexi found it rather fitting to admire the view. Azure water hugged the pale, pale limestone sand that shimmered like diamonds under the winter sun. everything else was barren but spotted with white –like something out of a picture book.

“Holy hell is right,” Soohyun muttered from behind her.

“We’re shooting the video here?”

He laughed. “You should probably stop gawking now. I think we start in half an hour.”

She shattered out of an unknown contemplation. “Oh. Yeah.”

 

Kevin walked towards the lone driftwood on the beach. He did it slowly, his overcoat flapping in the wind. Tears were in his eyes, blurring his sight of Lexi, who stood at the edge of the driveway, hands intertwined with Kiseop’s. Suddenly he was up and running. He didn’t mind that he was hindered by the sand or that the wind was chilly on his face.

“Stop!” His scream was almost carried away by the wind. “Don’t go!”

Lexi turned, her face full of anguish.

Kevin was full tilt now. When he reached her, she wiped her tears delicately with a hand. “Please,” Kevin whispered, engulfing her in his arms, not minding Kiseop whose face was turned away, an equally pained expression on his face. Lexi was yielding –and soft. As she always was.

“I’m sorry,” Lexi answered.

“Alexses.” He held her face in his hands. “Don’t go. Stay with me.”

“I can’t,” she muttered, holding his cheek. “I promised them. Him.”

Kevin turned to look at Kiseop then back at her.. And with a heavy heart, tenderly bent his head to kiss her.

“CUT! And that’s a wrap!”

Lexi pulled away, wiping her tears. Kevin did the same, straightening his clothes(of course that wasn’t real. Does the word hostile not make sense?). this wasn’t exactly the video they came to make. They had finished the first one the day before and did some on-set shots which they finished four hours before. So the director decided to go on with the ‘Story of April’ video.

Right, Kevin thought, walking towards the rented summerhouse. All done and we get an extra day on the beach. He padded inside their common room and shed off his coat and shirt(if you must know, the radiator was on, so he wasn’t being crazy).

Eyes closed, he laid his head on the wall.

This , he thought, rumpling his already rumpled hair. What were they supposed to do on the beach in the middle of winter? He heard laughter not far off and shrugged. Well at least some people had an idea.

Suddenly the door slid open with a slam, revealing a mumbling Lexi.

“Freezing and they want to stay on the beach,” she muttered under her breath. “Stupid id –AH!” She squeaked when she laid eyes on Kevin’s prone, half- figure.

Kevin opened an eye and peeked at her.

“Haven’t you ever heard of locking the door?” she demanded, blushing furiously.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” he shot back.

“This is the common room, dimwit!”

He sighed. “What are you so fussy about? It’s not like you haven’t seen me half- before.”

Lexi squawked in protest. “That was years ago! And it doesn’t mean you have to flaunt your body, you know.”

“I’m not. I always do this at home.”

“You live with boys. Right now it’s a girl talking to you.”

“Fine.” He pulled on his abandoned shirt and turned to her. “Better?”

She just huffed and stalked off.

 

“Ten dollars say I can beat Lexi’s high score in this,” Eli bragged, waving the PSP in Kiseop’s face.

“Dude, get that out of my face,” Kiseop muttered.

They were walking past the summerhouse towards the frozen garden, followed by AJ and Soohyun. Hoon and Dong Ho were some way off, steaming cups in hand.

“It’s not in your face,” Eli shot back. “It’s in my hand!”

Kiseop swatted his arm away. “Get what’s in your hand out of my face.” He turned to Soohyun. “Hyung, please tell him to stop.”

Soohyun shrugged. “Not my problem.”

Kiseop grumbled. “Fine, Eli. Twenty bucks say you can’t. one game only. No cheating.”

“Excellent!”

“Have you ever heard of knocking?” Kevin’s voice teased their ears. Eli perked up. He looked at Kiseop and nodded. They ran closer and pressed their ears to the wall, conspiratorial expressions on their faces.

“What are you two –mrrmp!” Soohyun was cut off when Eli covered his mouth.

“Hyung, this is important!” Kiseop exclaimed in a whisper.

“What are you so fussy about? It’s not like you haven’t seen me half- before!” it was Kevin again.

“That was years ago!” Lexi protested.

Kiseop looked at Eli and Soohyun, his eyes wide. Even Eli was so caught up he released the older boy.

“What do they mean?” AJ whispered, sidling up.

“Are you old women eavesdropping again?” Hoon asked, passing by them. “Why don’t you just ask them if you’re so curious?”



 

wahaha! what do you think???

is it too early for them to like, find out? XD

anyway, there's this thing in my mind that might work...

DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE COOL TO GIVE EACH OF THE MEMBERS THEIR OWN LOVE STORY? CAUSE I'M THINKING OF MAKING THIS A SERIES^^

DO TELL IF YOU WANT IT OR NOT, NAE??

TOODLES!