Not again

Insensitively drunk

“Hae”

“What.”

“Hae.”

“What.”

“Donghae.”

“Just what do you want?!”

“I want us to stop fighting.”

“…….”

The brunette fell silent at Hyukjae’s last words. Why did he always get the last say, why did he always make things awkward between them? “We’re not fighting.” Came the monotonous reply.

“Then why are you treating me like I’m just your friend? What did I do wrong?”

“That’s because that’s all we are.”

“You know we’re not.” Hyukjae cornered Donghae at the head of his bed, faces just 10 cm apart. Donghae stared into his brown eyes and started to wonder why were they even in this situation. Oh that’s right, Lee Hyukjae got drunk and made out with a random chick. Again.

Donghae only managed to snap out of this so called trance when he felt a pair of gentle lips on his, moving and nibbling on his lower lips. “Stop it!” The singer yelled and pushed the other off him roughly. “I’m not your rebound, I am not doing this again.”

Hyukjae panted, obviously surprised by Donghae’s strength and words. He said nothing and walked slowly forward, right hand reaching out for the male’s face. “Get out. I can continue packing on my own.” His hand suspended in mid air before dropping back down and Hyukjae walked out, closing the door behind him.  

They were flying to Singapore the next day for Mnet’s Asia Music Awards and Hyukjae was kind enough to forget what happened last night, strut into his room and oh so innocently to help with the packing.

Ugh he’s driving me nuts.

~

While Donghae muffled his screams of frustrations with his pillow, Hyukjae plopped himself on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. At that moment, the insensitive maknae decided to take a break from starcraft and stroll to the kitchen to get a drink.

“Hyukjae? What are you doing out here? Not pacifying Donghae?”

Because of confusion, headache or something else, the older decided to ignore the use of informal language and speak his mind. “Kyuhyun. Can I ask you something?”

A nod.

“What did I do last night? Why does Donghae seem so pissed at me?”

At that moment, all Kyuhyun could do was deadpan. “Man, you really reached your highest point of drunkness last night.”

“I was drunk? , what did I do?”

“Well, let’s see shall we?” He set his his drink down on the table and raised his fingers to number off the things Hyukjae did the night before. “First you walked in with your arm dangerously low on some girl’s back,” Hyukjae groaned almost immediately and buried his head in his hands, knowing this would not end well.

“… Secondly, you stumbled on the couch and dragged her along,” Again he groaned.

“… Thirdly, you started kissing her senseless. Her moans were loud enough to wake everyone up in the dorm. Fourthly, Donghae saw you and had to pry your hands off from that girl’s hips. Thus, you did wrong hyung.” At last, the story ended with a shake of Kyuhyun’s head.

Speechless Hyukjae finally found some words instead of groans. “How do you know this?”

“I saw you.”

“And you didn’t help get her off me?!”

“Nope, I wanted Donghae to see this for himself.”

“Way to go Cho Kyuhyun. Now Hae’s never gonna forgive me. It’s the second time I made out with someone in front of him.”

“It’s not my fault you ate her face, get that right. Bye.” He rolled his eyes before leaving the blonde alone in the living room.

My fault. Again.

Hyukjae sighed as he slapped his face lightly and got up to approach Donghae again.

“Hae?” Using his knuckles to knock on the door, he waited a reponse.

No answer.

He jiggled and turned the door knob to open the door, taking mental notes to get that broken lock fixed. He went in and saw that Donghae was asleep with his face down in his pillow, back heaving up and down in a slow pace.

How does he breathe? Hyukjae seriously wondered as he took the clothes, toiletries and what was needed off the bed and packed it in the sleeping man’s bag. And he says he can pack himself, what’s he doing now? S l e e p i n g. He sighed and flipped Donghae over so that his back was on the bed instead of his chest. As he rested the man’s head on the pillow, he felt moistness. No...

The dancer usually full of power when he dances weakens in front of his lover. He sat by Donghae and slid his fingers down the side of his face. This delicate skin stained with tears, this is not right. Donghae Donghae Donghae… I’m so sorry…

He whispered into nothingness and chuckled slightly when Donghae’s nose twitched, probably due to the touch. Hyukjae crouched down to place a lingering peck on the other’s lips before muttering a small ‘I love you’. “I promise never to touch anyone else’s lips other than yours.”

 

Everyone knows promises are meant to be broken.

------------------------------

A/N: short chapter i know. i'll try to make it longer next time ^^ oh yes, comments? please? :)