Look Into My Eyes and Tell Me

Look Into My Eyes and Tell Me

Yuri clicked the door open of Seoul High’s rehearsal studio. She had scheduled herself to practice for the upcoming Spring Music Festival where she would have a hip-hop dance performance with the Dance Club. The room was filled with huge mirrors hanging around the walls. She wanted to practice alone so as she could concentrate more. Her only companions were her reflections in every wall.

As soon as she reached the benches where she placed her things, she took a good look at her reflection in the mirror. You look gorgeous Yul! She remarked as she winked at herself, and giggled. She was wearing a loose white shirt, quite exposing her left shoulder, and the lower portion was folded upwards and tied at her back revealing her chocolate skinned abdomen; a black low-waisted baggy jogging pants giving more accent on her body shape; and a rubber shoes. Her hair was tied in a messy ponytail.

Before she started, she first did a little warm-up; stretched her hands, neck, and legs to relax her muscles. Then she approached the speakers on the corner, searched for their dance piece on her iPod, and adjusted the volume. When the music was about to start, she immediately ran to the middle of the room and positioned herself.

Upon hearing her cue, she started to move as snappily as she can to catch up with the beat. She raised her right hand in the air while her left hand on her waist. Then she stepped her left foot forward and waved her hips to the rhythm. Her head faced the other direction and her positions changed shortly.

She was getting so into her dance that she didn’t feel a pair of eyes watching her every move. He was smiling to himself, amazed at how great the girl is at dancing. He was intently eyeing her smooth moves which made his heart jumpily dance with her.

When the room was filled with silence again, Yuri came back to her senses and was surprised to see someone’s reflection smiling nonchalantly at her. She was actually embarrassed to see that someone watching her dance. She widened her eyes in shock and turned around to face him. “K-Kibum? What are you d-doing here?”

“I was... watching you? I guess.” His smile never left his face. “I think I want to learn your dance too.”

“Since when did ‘Mr. Best Actor’ want to be ‘Mr. Best Dancer’?” Yuri asked in a teasing manner while giggling.

“Since I first saw you dancing. Hmm... that was three years ago, to be exact.” Though he was still smiling, Yuri felt his serious tone. Then the whole room was filled with overwhelming awkwardness.

Kibum was part of the Theatre Club. He has been getting a lot of complements from everyone, being one of the crowds’ favourite during plays. He also draws a lot of attention from girls not only in their school but from other high schools as well. But he’s always been keeping his eyes for someone, Yuri. He has liked her way back when he saw her perform enthusiastically with her heart and mind during the Spring Music Festival when they entered Seoul High. Since then, he’s always been amazed and awed by her great passion in dancing.

“So... will you teach me now?” He raised an eyebrow and a small grin seen on his face.

“I’m afraid I would need a payback for that, sir.” Yuri laughed, trying to shy away the awkwardness she feels by galling him more.

Kibum also laughed, and then walked closer. “Sure then, but what kind of payment would you want, miss?” To Yuri’s surprise, Kibum had already held her waist and pulled her closer to his body.

Kibum! What do you think you’re doing?! She shut her eyes close, thinking that everything was just a dream. Her mind and her heart were in war, arguing on whether she needs to wake up or not from a dream she has been longing to be in.

She was about to open her eyes when she felt something soft and sweet touching her lips. She knew what it was. Her somewhat deranged expression is gradually turning to a gentle yet passionate look. Kibum has heartily made his lips dance with hers. While she was on that stance with him, she felt his lips curving up to a smile. Just when she started to fancy every moment, he broke the kiss. However, he just left an inch of a space between their lips.

A soft sigh left as she felt him broke away. She slowly opened her eyes and saw him staring and smiling triumphantly at her. She immediately tore her eyes away from him. She was trying with all her might to avoid his gaze but there is some kind of a force pulling her eyes to his. Much as she wanted to stare back, just the thought of him holding her bare waist makes her shiver in embarrassment.

“Did you like it?” He murmured under his breath, just enough for her to hear.

She was surprised by his question but she kept her widened eyes glued on the floor and scrunched her eyebrows in denial. “N-No!” Yuri was mentally cursing him for making her look like a fool.

“No?” He paused, and then smiled wider. “Then I dare you Yuri. Look straight to my eyes and tell me you didn’t like it.” He was overly confident that she would give in to him so easily.

It took them almost a century of silence until Kibum finally spoke again. “I’m waiting Yul. You know how impatient I can get.” He said his last sentence in a sing-song voice to easily prompt Yuri.

She was still not looking at him. After a moment, Yuri spoke in a voice just louder than a whisper. “Do you really want to hear it?”

She felt him nod.

She gathered all pieces of bravery in her and slowly lifted her eyes so she could stare back at him.

Her eyes were quite fiercer than before, and was that an evil smile forming on her lips? Kibum’s smile is slowly fading, thinking that Yuri didn’t really like his kiss.

“No.” Yuri whispered, her eyes piercing through him. She began to slowly lean to him while her hands wrapping around his neck and her eyes focusing on his lips “I... didn’t...” She leaned closer and closer until she claimed his lips for a moment and continued, “...like it.” Now it was her time to smirk, while he got instantly frozen on his place.

She gave him an evil smirk and then nudged him away. “Go away! I still need to practice. You’re disturbing me.” She smilingly said as she approached the speakers again.

When Yuri positioned herself in the middle of the room again, she felt his hands enveloping her from behind. His chin was resting on her shoulder, and his eyes were closed. She can feel his warm breath tingling her ear.

“I love you Kwon Yuri. I’ve always loved you and I will continue to love you.” He made sure that he heard every word he said as he tightened his grip on her. She smiled while looking at their dreamy reflection on the mirror in front of them.

Kibum opened his eyes, not receiving any response from the girl he has just confessed to. “Yah! After all I’ve said, you’ll just give me a sheepish smile?” He talked to her through her reflection.

“What do you want me to do?” She talked back at him.

“Look at me straight in the eyes and tell me you don’t love me.”

“Are you sure?” She raised an eyebrow and gave him a smirk. “This time, you’ll regret for making me do it.”

He didn’t say anything. He just gave her a let’s-see-what-you-can-do look and turned her around so she could face him. He brushed her arms slightly then he lifted his hand to her face and tucked some strands of her hair to her ear.

“I don’t love you Kim Kibum.” Her eyes straight at him.

“Really hu-“ Yuri didn’t let him finish his sentence. She let her hands envelope his neck again and gave him a kiss greedier than what he expected. He just embraced her more tightly and his kisses are getting more passionate. She tried her best to get some space and air so she could not get suffocated. “I’m... lying... Bummie... I... love you” she says in between kisses; and they could still be kissing all-day long if the sudden sound of the school bells didn’t ring any sooner.

 

THE END.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: hope you like it~!! please comment^^

        I will be on hiatus in making yulbum fics.. i'll first concentrate on my other OTPs' stories. hehe.

        do yulbum stories too.. pleaseeeee~ XD