Final

You're My Sunflower

Once upon a time, there’s a girl who fell in love with the Sun. She fell with all of his glory, his confidence, and his warmth for everyone. Whenever the Sun was on the sky, she would look up and smiled to herself.

You are a new transfer student but you’re really shy and don’t want to talk to anyone unless they talk to you first. You’re pretty much happy to be with yourself so it doesn’t matter. Today is the day of all transfer students meet and get to know each other in order that you can help each other when needed.  You then notice this brown-haired boy who is very cute and all of the girls swooning over him. You acknowledge that he is indeed very cute and lovable.

Suddenly, she fell in love with the charming Sun. She always followed Sun everywhere even if her legs hurt. She always confronted everyone who degraded her Sun. When the Sun smile warmly at her, she felt like she’s the happiest person.

You don’t even know since when you start crushing on the social butterfly.. You don’t even meet him that much but you always make time to see him on the cafeteria even from far away. You sigh when you don’t feel the appetite to eat. The medicines are really annoying, they make your tongue numb and you can’t even feel hungry. You get up from your seat and go to wash your face on the restroom since it’s too pale. You enter the restroom slowly and get on the available cubicle to catch your breath. Even if you’re not running, it’s still hard to walk on a pretty long distance. When you want to get out, you hear some students enter and you don’t want to get out now. You hear they talk until one of them is mentioning Bambam, your crush. “What’s so good in him anyway? He is just cute, why does he hang around G.O.T?” “He just leeches on Jackson and Mark, the senior students.” “Yeah, he is no good; he just makes G.O.T looks stupid now.” You push your door harshly and scream on them “DON’T TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT.” Then you run from there just to collapse on the ground after ten steps.

You find yourself in the infirmary when you’re awake.

“Oh, you’re awake.” You hear someone, must be a boy from his voice, chirps happily.

You rub your eyes and get to sit. You take deep breath just as your doctor say. “It’ll help your weak lungs to work.” He said.

“Hey, drink this, maybe this can help.” He, you still kind of unfocused so you don’t recognize him, offers you a glass. You take the glass and take a sip of warm tea. “Thanks,..?” You trail but he finishes it himself. “Bambam, it’s Bambam, I mean my name is Bambam.” He chuckles a little. You still don’t work properly so you just whisper a thank-you and add his name behind.

“Here, let me help you stand.” He pulls at your hand and helps you stand then when you don’t seem like you’ll fall, he lets you go and says, “Well, I need to go and whatever it is, you should check to a doctor. Bye!” You just nod and suddenly your soul comes back to you. OH MY GOD, BAMBAM, THAT BAMBAM JUST HELP ME AND SAVE ME ASDJSHSJFK.

Little that she knew that the Sun had already had his Moon. But even if she knew, she didn’t want to forget him. She still wanted to be his admirer.

At first you don’t believe the rumors but you start to notice that Bambam is hanging around that Jimin girl closely these days. You really don’t want to be jealous, hell, he isn’t even yours to be jealous but you can’t help it. You’re just his secret, a very secret admirer.

Time passes by and the girl was getting tired of chasing the Sun. She sat on a rock and cried. She still wanted to see the sun everyday but she knew that she couldn’t anymore. So, desperately she wailed and called at every greater-beings she knew. She screamed for their help in anguish.

“What? Why? Is my condition really bad? I know that I’ve been fainting pretty much lately but no! I don’t need to be in hospital because of this lung.” You refuse the doctor offer but your mother’s eyes tell you otherwise. It’s been hard for her to watch her daughter struggling to live every day.

“Please, baby.” Your mom is practically begging right now. She knows that you hate hospitals very much since you live there when you’re kid, but now, your life is in risk and she can’t afford having you died just because you’re really stubborn.

You sigh and nod, you know all of this is not only hard for you but your family also. You just want to go to school and see your crush but right now, that reason seems so stupid.

The greater beings were touched by how great her love was. They decided to grant her wish.

The steady beep on the tools which are connected to your body lulls you to sleep. You’re very tired, you can’t even move. At this rate, you’re just waiting for death to pick you, but something tells you that today will be different. As if on cue, the door creaks open and you see your Mom comes in and caresses your hair lovingly. “Baby, there’s a friend want to come in, may he?” Your Mom asks softly since she knows that you don’t want your friends to pity you. Your mother knows too much about you. You’re wondering how she will cope with life when you’re gone. Remembering her question, you nod and this friend comes in. You’re a bit surprised to see that it’s Bambam.

Your mother gets out and Bambam sits beside you. “Hey, it’s been a long time, right?” He asks.

“Thanks for coming.” You say in cracking voice. “Why do you come here?” You ask again, you don’t mean to be rude, but you and him are not close.

“Once upon a time, there were this girl and this Sun. The girl chased and followed the Sun everywhere but she thought the Sun didn’t notice her. Actually, the Sun noticed her and he should’ve stopped her before things are too late because the Sun had already had the Moon. But being the selfish being he was, the Sun didn’t want to let his admirer go. The Sun wants her to love him always. Even if it’ll cost her life. But, even after the girl died, he still don’t want to let her go, so he beg and beg to the other great beings to make her alive once again, and-“

“Bam, I’m asking you why you came here.” You say softly because he looks very emotional right now.

“Y/N, you don’t understand, don’t you? They have given me so many lifetimes to fix my mistakes but still, I always remember all when it’s too late. I always get distracted for the Moon never let me go, even if all the Sun want to do is being with his lovely admirer.”

You chuckle, “I still don’t get it, Bam. Are you saying that you’re the Sun of the tale of Sunflowers?” You ignore the feeling of warmth because actually he knows your name.

He just smiles fondly at you and says, “I’m so sorry that I don’t recognize you faster in this lifetime. I promise I’ll make it in the other lifetime and I’ll be with you, forever, my sunflower. Believe me. Now, I’ll take your pain and we can start over, baby.”

With that he kisses your forehead and the last thing you hear is a long beep and your mother broken cry outside the door.

The greater being decided to turn her into Sunflowers that followed the sun wherever he went. But the Sun who had finally fallen in love with his admirer, beg them to grant his wish too. He want to fix his mistakes. The greater being once again grant his wish. In every ten lifetimes, the Sun can be a human and meets his human Sunflower and tries to repair his mistakes. So, that’s what he does. Try.