One

Writer's Block
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

[A/N: CURSE WORDS AHEAD!!]

It was a sunny afternoon when I decided to walk.

The weather was of course, the perfect time to clear off my mind. I was depressed and lonely and basically dead when my friend called me to meet her down the block for a coffee. If you ask me what I was lethargic for, you would find me stupid and childish.

But certain people, like me would surely understand the frustration and emptiness of falling into a huge pitch-black abyss on our most crucial time: writing. Writer’s block is something I’ve been experiencing lately and being hopeless when it comes to typing my on a laptop or scribbling even the most random ideas on a piece of paper really gave me a wave of irritation and the sense of dread that I might not be able to write something again.

I don’t even know why I can’t write anything. I could feel my head exploding whenever I do something that gives me ideas. For example, witnessing an interesting situation at school gives me a scene to write, or whenever I’m standing in the baths characters just pop my mind and blow the steam off my head. But when the time comes to write down these … my mind is blank as a sheet of paper.

It doesn’t help that the deadline for our school’s annual anthology of short stories and novelettes are coming to the deadline. That ing deadline. It gave me ing creeps and dread as I thought of it every single time.

 

I adjusted my ivory cardigan as the wind passed by, carrying spring leaves dangling through the air. There were only a few people walking in the street. Lovey-dovey couples and energetic children I passed by but couldn’t remember what their clothes are. It was supposed to be a peaceful sight…

Until I saw that guy.

As in the “he’s-wearing-strange-black-clothing” that of guy. And usually, if they aren’t thieves or criminals… they’re usually idols. And being a fan myself, I could recognize his eyes even though he’s a few meters away. I hid my surprise and urged myself to stay calm. What should I do? He’s not even my bias but the feeling he’s giving me was like the most pleasant nervousness I’ve ever felt.

I wanted to look anywhere but him. Alas, my eyes just didn’t move and stared at him until he felt my gaze and looked at me, too. Ah, what a pleasant feeling. Is what I wanted to say. The truth is—

“. What the hell are you doing here?” Slapping my mouth with my champion hands I scolded myself for being too stupid.

He stared at me in shock and fright. The people around us stopped chatting and turned their attention to us. “Ah-uhh…” Of course he would stutter! I could tell he was in panic mode so I grabbed his arms and gave him my biggest smile.

“I mean, how are you doing there, my old friend? I didn’t think you were back from the military! You should have freaking called me!” I spoke to him as loud as everyone else could here as I feared that they were already suspecting if he’s an idol.

He gave me a ‘what-are-you-doing-do-I-even-know-you’ look so I linked my arms to his and said, “How about we go to the coffee shop? It’s been sooo long since we last hang out.”

“Who are y—“

“Come on, Jae Han! Don’t be shy to me, okay?”

“I’m sorry but if you want to live please play along a little longer,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter