CHAPTER 3

Does It Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy

I hate it here. .

I stood up and grab my laptop. I need caffeine. And pastries. Yeah. More of the latter. Anne ton makes me want to rip my hair out. She ually and physically abused her children and people don't talk about it enough. But I will. I drew her name for a thought paper, thus I have discuss her and her works. Gods. Disgusting.

And I only have two hours left before deadline.

I went to the nearest coffee shop and ordered black tea latte and two slices of chocolate cakeㅡof course. Because one is not (and will never be) enough.

"Hey..."

I gulped. Why does he have to be so near. I'm not saying he's cute... and hot... but that's exactly what he is. "Hi," I tucked a steand of hair behind my ear. My (close to) nonexistent flirting instincts kicking in.

I've seen him around a few times but nothing comes close to this encounter. I mean, duh, he greeted me first. "How are you?" I managed to say, knowing full well that we are both standing awkwardly in front of the cake display.

"Good. You?" can this conversation get more awkward?

"Ah, yeah. SameㅡI mean, no. No. Not really. I have a paper due in..." I checked my wrist watch, "An hour and a half!"

"Ah, I shouldn't be holding you back then." then he smiled. And oh my god, I feel something has woken up inside of me. Like I've been asleep for so long and I have just woken up from a long, long dream.

Like reality is supposed to be better because of that darned smile.

"S-see you around."

"Yeah..." then he left just like that.

***

"Oh, where have you been?"

"I had to submit a paper." I said, defeated. And very much in need of a good dinner.

Also, it's past 12 midnight. "Ah, right. You had your dinner already?"

"If you count two slices of cake as dinner then yes."

"You want to make dinner for you? I could whip up some ramen you know..."

"Is it okay?"

"Sure. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter