Now you're gone

Butterfly

A loud ringing came from the phone piercing into the sleeping Namjoon’s ears.

Ugh who calls at this time of night it’s five past midnight!

The phone rang again.

Namjoon rubbed his tired eyes and lifted himself from his warm bed.

“Okay! Okay I’m up!” Namjoon yelled angrily as he turned to pick up the phone.

It was a call from Jin’s number.

“Hey Jin man what’s up?” he exclaimed cheerfully as he flopped back down on his bed resting his arms behind his head.

An unfamiliar voice replied “Are you a friend of Kim Seokjin”

“Excuse me who are you?” Namjoon questioned as he sat back up

“Seokjin was caught in a tragic car accident” the stranger responded.

Namjoon froze.

“WHAT?!” he screamed.

“We’re sorry but we couldn’t save him, we were able to get his body out safely though” the voice sighed.

“Shut up and tell me where he is I need to see him now” Namjoon demanded as he began grabbing his coat and shoes to leave not bothering changing out of his pajamas because this situation was too urgent.

“Okay okay he’s in the city’s main hospital in room 92” the man stated.

As soon as Namjoon received the details he drove off to the nearby hospital where they were keeping his friend.

 

The doors slammed open as Namjoon began storming through the hospital ward to room 92 where they were keeping Jin.

Namjoon reached room 92 and slammed open the door.

He lay there in a white hospital gown with his eyes closed, he looked so peaceful almost like he was just resting but Namjoon knew it was too good to be true. There was no ECG monitor wired up to him, what would be the point his heart wasn’t beating anyway.

Unexpectedly his thought bubble was interrupted.

“Excuse me can I help you? You kinda just barged in here without any permission” a nurse dressed in blue asked.

“Oh sorry I was just here to see my friend.” he replied quickly.

“You must be Kim Namjoon, I heard they called you from Seokjin’s phone”

“Yeah that’s me” he nodded.

“We’re sorry about your friend; they managed to save his body but not him” the nurse spoke as she bowed her head in sorrow.

“Wha-what actually happened to him?” Namjoon hesitated.

“Well from what we can tell is he was in a drink driving accident and he fell asleep at the wheel and ended up crashing into the sea and drowning” the nurse answered.

Namjoon had to hold back the tears.

Jin you fool why were you drinking? I thought everything was okay now for you?

 

Namjoon left the hospital after paying his regards to his dead friend.

He decided to call up a meeting with the rest of the Bangtan boys to tell them the tragic news. Texting them was probably the best idea as he was sure they’d be mad at him for calling them at 2:40 am as it was currently.

To: Min Yoongi, Kim Taehyung, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook

I got something very important to tell you but it’s best to speak in person, meet at my place at 10:00 am.

After he’d finished sending the texts he drove back home to get some rest and reflect on what had happened. Namjoon drifted off to sleep again.

 

Ding dong!

Namjoon really was tired of these noises waking him up, and then he remembered the meeting he’d arranged earlier, oh he wasn’t ready for this, not ready at all. He’d learnt to hold back the tears but how would he comfort his friends.

Namjoon paced over to the door and opened it to find Taehyung and Jungkook waiting at the door.

“Took you long enough” Jungkook snorted as he barged past Namjoon dragging Taehyung by the arm with him. Taehyung and Namjoon exchanged glances.

“Sorry, Kookie isn’t usually rude like this unless he has to wake up early in the morning” Tae apologised.

“Oh V, what are you? My mother?” Jungkook laughed as he gave Taehyung a playful boop on the nose.

Those two seem closer than usual, for me to have to ruin their cheerful mood so soon.

The doorbell rang again; this time it was Jimin.

“How’s the party going?” Jimin chuckled as he walked into the lounge and sat down on the sofa next to Jungkook and Taehyung and pulled Jungkook towards him.

And that’s Jimin, obsessed with Jungkook like always.

20 minutes had passed and Yoongi and Hoseok were still not there.

Another 10 minutes and a ring came from the doorbell; finally Yoongi was here.

“Sorry I’m late, I kinda slept in, thanks to Hoseok I got here, he texted me saying he’d pick me up, he waited for me outside my door for 20 minutes” Yoongi apologised before stepping in and following Namjoon to the front room.

“Thanks J-Hope” Namjoon thanked Hoseok using his nickname.

“No problem, I could tell it was something important and we all had to get here” Hoseok replied.

“So why did you want us all here” Suga asked.

“Well… I, umm” Namjoon mumbled holding back the tears “JIN IS DEAD” Namjoon bawled as he burst into tears.

“WHAT?!” They all chorused as shocked as Namjoon had been as he found out the news.

All the boys were a bundle of tears and sad hugs, Namjoon explained the whole situation to them and a funeral was planned to take place a week later in memory of their good friend.

A few days later…

 

In Memory of

Kim Seokjin

4th Dec 1992 - 29th Apr 2015

 

“Oh Jin why did you have to leave us, now you’re gone I don’t know how to handle all this, don’t you know I need you? Especially to handle this lot, you mean so much to them.” Namjoon sobbed against the stone cold coffin “Just one more smile, a goodbye, a sign that you weren’t okay, I would have been there for you if you ever needed anything you know I would.”

“Namjoon would you like some time alone with Seokjin before the burial?” the deep voice of the funeral director asked.

“I’d like that, thank you” the pale blonde boy replied as the other members left the room and he was left alone with Jin’s coffin which was now lay open revealing the motionless Jin. The same chestnut locks, dreamy black pearl eyes and porcelain skin but this wasn’t the same Jin he’d known the week before. This Jin didn’t have a fluttering heartbeat or warm breath emitting from his soft pink lips. The lips that every word Jin said slipped out of, the lips that opened for the crazy amounts of food that were shoved towards them, the lips that were drawing Namjoon in. His fingers gently closing Jin’s eyelids as his hot breath hit against the motionless boy’s face.

Reality suddenly hit Namjoon.

What am I doing? About to kiss a dead friend? What am I a necrophile? No, I’m just not thinking straight. It’s just I can’t stop looking at those plump lips, it wouldn’t hurt anyone would it? I mean it’s not like-

Abruptly their lips met; Namjoon’s warm chapped lips against Jin’s soft dry lips. Even though there was no passionate return to the kiss Namjoon felt a shiver of pleasure and success before the sadness crept up to him, Jin didn’t love him and his kiss did not wake up the sleeping beauty.

He let out a cry of realisation, things would never be the same again, the funeral session was about to start so his time with Jin was short.

“Goodbye you will be missed” he murmured tonelessly as his fingers slid across the lid of the coffin and he closed it.

His footsteps echoed through the room as he walked towards the door and opened it taking one last look back. “Goodbye”

 

Author's Notes: 

Wow this is the laziest thing I've ever written I can't even be bothered to write whole things or describe much today ;v;

Wtf was that last bit that was so weird and cringey o-o

Thanks so much to my 24 subscribers <3

Thanks for reading, I'd apreciate if you could subscribevotecommentreview or give some feedback, its great to know people are interested in something I enjoy writing.

If you enjoyed this story be sure to check out my other fanfictions like http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1070524/into-the-storm-fluff-highschool-romance-exo-crack-hunhan

~PreciousLittleDeer 

tumblr_mhcxp7dxXW1r39d4io1_400.gif