Innocent Love

Innocent Love

Chapter 10

 

 

 

 

 

 The day before the party was hectic. There were people coming in and out of the house with tents and poles. They were setting everything up in the backyard so i had to keep a close eye on Mason. However, it was all worth it because the day of the party all that needed to be done was have the food made. Mason and I sat on the stairs watching the caters come in with their things and head over to the kitchen.

"Don't you think it's time for you and the boy to get dressed?" Yunho's mother asked. I nodded hurriedly and grabbed Mason and rushed up the stairs to our room so that we wouldn't cause any trouble.

"Come on Mason it's time for you and mommy to get dressed." i said as i sat him down on the bed and took out our clothes. He clapped his hands and smiled.

"What do you think Mason?" i asked as i spun around in my dress. He stood on the bed in his little outfit we had bought for the party and clapped eagerly. "You like?"

"Very much." another voice came in. I turned and saw Yunho walking into the room. He was all dressed up in his suit and smiled. "You look wonderful." he complimented me before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in for a kiss.

"Well you're not so bad yourself." i laughed.

"Mason! Mason!" Mason screamed for attention. Yunho and i laughed, he let go of me and rushed over to Mason picking him up.

"Yes, Mason looks wonderful too." he laughed as he spun him around in his arms. "People are starting to arrive."

"Already?" i asked confused.

"Mainly my parents friends." he sighed. "That's why Seohyun had a tent set up outside. She promised mom that she would be in her best behavior all day and do as she says as long as in the night her and her friends get to go into the tent and have her kind of party."

"I see." i nodded. "Well why don't you and Mason head down while i go check on Seohyun." Yunho nodded and walked out. I headed over to Seohyun's room and walked in. "Seohyun?"

"Oh, are people here already?" she asked suddenly. She was getting her make up done.

"Yeah, they're just starting to arrive." i answered. "You done yet?" she nodded and had the make up artist leave. "You look...amazing." i smiled.

"I know." she spun around and squealed. "I just can wait for tonight. Oh which reminds me my nanny said she would watch after Mason so you can have fun with me and my friends in the tent."

"I don..."

"Oh come on it's just for one day." she pointed out. "It's not like you do this all the time." She had a point, so i nodded. "Great."

"Seohyun it's time..." her mother stopped once she saw me and straightened herself out, as if every time i was near her i needed to remember that she was better than me. "It's time for you to go down and greet your guest."

"You mean your guest." Seohyun mumbled unhappily. She got up from her seat and followed her mom out the door. "Come on Yoona."

I followed behind them with my head lowered. Her mom kept stealing disapproving glances at me, over and over again. I was relived once Yunho called out my name and walked over to me placing his hand on my shoulder. Just as he was about to introduce me his mother quickly asked them to follow one of the maids outside.

She continued to smile until the guest were out of sight. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" she asked Yunho furiously. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "You can't introduce her as your girlfriend."

"Fiance." he corrected.

"Whatever." she put her hand up, dismissing his correction. "If you want me to play nice with this girl and her son then do not introduce her to any of my friends as your...fiance." she spat out that word like it was venom. "Just say she is a friend from of Seohyun and that kid...say whatever you want about him, just don't say that its hers." she spun around and walked away.

"." Yunho glared daggers at his mother's back. I placed my hand on his shoulder and motioned over to Mason who was looking at him confused. "Oh, sorry."

"I think you should listen to your mother oppa." He looked at me surprised. "I don't want to cause any trouble so just for one day, do as she says." He sighed before agreeing. "Thank you." she gave him a quick kiss before anyone could see. "But one thing i won't do is leave Mason." i said looking down at my son. "I'm not ashamed of him and i'm not going to hide the fact that he's mine. So if your mother gets mad at me for that...well that's too bad." I said as i picked up Mason and walked outside where the rest of the party was being held.

 

Seohyun looked miserable while her mother had her friends over. It was more like a business party than one for a coming of age girl. Some of her close friends agreed to come early to keep her company. Once she spotted me she waved me over to her table.

"Where were you?" she asked as she pulled up a seat next to her. I waved hello to her friends, they were the ones i met at the mall.

"Mason's nap time." i answered plainly. "There are a lot of old people." I commented as i watched them chat about who's business was doing better. "Why did your mom invite them to your party?"

"I'm not sure what goes through that old hags mind." She frowned as she took a sip from her sparkling cider. "But this was the only way she would allow me to have my awesome party inside that tent. Of course it's off limits until 7."

"I sooo can't wait until 7." Amber added. "You owe us one big time for coming to keep you company."

"Well at least they have music." Taemin spoke up. "Wanna dance Krystal?" Krystal was quick to answer and got up from her seat.

The rest just got up and did as Taemin and Krystal and headed to the dance floor. Seohyun asked if i wanted to join but i shook my head.

"You don't like dancing?" I jumped in surprised and saw Minho sitting down next to me.

I shook my head. "I like it it's just that i'm not in the mood for it right now." i answered with a sigh. "It's times like these that i envy Mason." i laughed.

"Why?"

"Because he had no idea what's going on....and he gets to take a nap." i laughed. "Not to mention that he'll always have me to protect him."

He smiled. "Yeah that does sound like a good life." it was quiet for a while as we watched them dance. "May i ask you something?" I looked at him and nodded. "What happened to his father?" I lowered my head. "Is he dead or something?"

"Or something." i answered. "I don't like talking about him."

"Sorry i shouldn't have asked." he apologized and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Sorry."

"It's ok." i gave him a weak smile. "I understand that people get curious. I mean if i were an outsider looking in at my situation then i would want to know that as well." i lowered my head again. "Just promise not to ask again."

"I promise if..."i looked up at him. "you save me a dance for tonight." I didn't know what to say, but it was a harmless request so i just nodded my head.

"MINHO!" Seohyun and Suzy called out. Suzy eagerly waved him over.

"I should go say hi." he said as he got up from his seat and headed over to them. I smiled as i watched him be talked into dancing.

"Making new friends?"

"I really wish people would stop sneaking up on me." i said as i turned to look at Yunho who was standing with his hands in his pockets.

"Talking to one of Seohyun's friends?" He asked annoyed.

"Yeah." I raised an eyebrow. "Why what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing." He said as he sat down next to me. "But you wanna know something? Sometimes i miss the days when you couldn't talk."

"Jerk." i lightly punched him in his chest. "Minho is nice. He's the only one who's tried to get to know me out of all of her friends. However, i think Suzy has a crush on him so she pulls him away any chance she gets."

"And that disappoints you?" he raised an eyebrow. I shook my head. "Could have fooled me."

"Are you jealous?" i teased.

"No." he became defensive. "Why would i be jealous of a little boy like him?" I couldn't help but giggle. "What?"

"Nothing." i laughed. "You're so cute when your jealous."

"Ugh." he stood up. "I'm not jealous."

"Whatever you say...Mr. Jealous." i teased once more before he walked away with a huge smile on his face.

 

 

The rest of the day was a bore because there wasn't much to do. We sat down to eat, there was a toast, and then more talking about stuff that had nothing to do with Seohyun's birthday. Yunho would try his best to be by my side, but he mother would always find some reason to pull him away from me. Seohyun tried to help as much as she could, but it was no use when it came to her mother's stubbornness.

And finally the time came when she could have her party in her tent. She squealed as she ran up the stairs to get dressed into her second dress. Her friends and i waited for her and then made our way to the tent. More of her friends and other people that she had invited started to show up. You could tell how excited and happy she was to finally have the party she wanted to have.

I sat down at a table watching her dance with her friends and some cute guys that she had a crush on. The truth was that i would really rather be with Mason right now but i promised her to stay down here and try to have fun. Minho came over and held out a hand for me to take. I looked around and sighed. Yunho oppa wasn't here to see, and it was just one dance so it was ok. I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor.

We dance for one song...which led to another...and another...and another. I was actually having a great time dancing. I never got to act like a teen and it was fun to not have to worry about anything for a while. A slow song started to play and before Suzy could ask Minho to dance with her, he asked me.

"If i didn't know any better i would think you're actually having a good time." Minho said as he s his arm around me and held the other. We started to sway side to side.

"Well i think you're right." I smiled at him. "I never got a chance to do this. Be young and have fun." I added. "Don't get me wrong i love taking care of Mason and i do have fun, but... i guess it's not really the same. Ugh, you don't understand."

"I understand." i stared at him for a while. "Ok, well not entirely because i don't have a child, but i understand. If that makes any sense."

We laughed. "I understand." He smiled gratefully and spun me around. "Thanks for being nice to me and keeping me company. I don't really know anybody here, i mean besides Seohyun and Yunho oppa."

"No problem." Minho smiled sweetly. "You're easy to like." Then there was this look in his eye that made me realize that maybe his intentions weren't pure friendship. He liked me. He slowly started to dip forward. I didn't know what to do. His lips were inches away from mine when he was roughly pulled back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Yunho said looking at Minho but something told me that the question was for me as well. They stared at each other for a while before Yunho reached over for my hand and started pulling me out.

"We were just dancing." Minho finally said, causing Yunho to stop. "She was having fun and i really like her."

Yunho turned his head to look at Minho with fire in his eyes. "Well that's too ing bad because she's taken."

"I don't care that she has a child." Minho added.

Yunho oppa held the bridge of his nose. "You don't even know what you're saying. You just met her you . Besides you're just a little boy."

"We're the same age." he fought back. "She needs someone like me who understands her." Yunho balled up his fist and i quickly grabbed his hand. He looked like he was ready to punch him, but instead walked away with me behind him.

"Whoa, what's going on?" Seohyun asked as she blocked Yunho's way. "Yunho oppa, what happened?"

"Tell your friend to stay away from my girl." He spat and started pulling me once more. I was too afraid to say anything because anyone could see just how angry he was.

"Yunho." his mother called out as we passed her and the party she was holding for her guest. "Yunho come here there are some people i want you to say hi to."

"Not now mother." He shot her down quickly as he continued to lead me to the stairs. We walked into our room and he didn't say anything. I was expecting him to scream at me or be mad, but he just paced back and forth.

"O-oppa?" i said cautiously. "Oppa, i'm sorry. I honestly didn't know that he liked me. I thought that he was trying to be n...."

He took hold of my head and planted his lips onto mine, silencing me. His kiss was forceful. He had never kissed me like this before. It was always a sweet loving kiss. But this one was more possessive, and lustful. I could taste the champagne drinks he had during the party as his tongue messaged the insides of my mouth. The kiss was starting to get a little too heated and i needed it to stop.

I pushed him back a little and caught my breath. "Mommy?" I quickly turned my head to see Mason rubbing his eyes with his little hands.

"W-what is it b-baby." i rushed over to his side and brushed his hair with my fingers. "D-did you have a n-nightmare?" He shook his head. "C-come on l-let's go back to b-bed." i said as i squeezed inside with him. I didn't even bother getting out of my dress and just hugged him tightly.

Yunho sighed. "I'm sorry Lola." he said as he stepped out to the bathroom to wash up and change into his PJ's. He came back minutes later and set the bed for himself on the floor. "Goodnight." he whispered once all the lights were off.

 

 

 

The next day i woke up while Yunho and Mason were still asleep. I grabbed a quick change of clothes and rushed to take a shower.

"Good morning."

"Minho?" i said surprised. "W-what are you doing here?" I looked around and secretly made sure it wasn't a twisted dream.

"The gang slept over." He answered with a smile. "We usually do that when it's Seohyun's birthday, so we always bring our Pj's and and extra change of clothes." I nodded and avoided eye contact. "How's Mason?"

"He's still sleeping." i answered still avoiding any eye contact. "I should get back. If he wakes up and i'm not there then he'll start to cry." i lied and as i walked pass him i saw Yunho standing in the hallway. "Yu-Yunho oppa."

He didn't say anything and walked pass the both of us and into the bathroom. I lowered my head and walked back to the room. Mason was already awake and playing with one of his toys. He smiled once he saw me and we started picking out his clothes for the day. I quickly got him dressed and ready for breakfast. As we walked out of the room i heard some arguing. And before i knew it Yunho came storming towards Mason and I and grabbed the both of us and led us back to the room. I carried Mason as i watched him start to pack up all our stuff.

"Daddy?" Mason called out. This had to be the first time he had seen Yunho like this.

"What's g-going on oppa?" i asked. "Did i d-do something?" He didn't stop until he was done packing up the rest of our stuff that we had out.

"No, it wasn't you." he sighed once he lined up our luggage. "Even though i'm still not all that too happy with you." he gave me a small smile to let me know that he was joking. "But we have to leave. My parents will never understand me and will never show you or anyone any respect. I will not have you and Mason here being put down by that witch." he handed me Mason's bag while he took our bags. "Besides getting you away from that guy in the hallway is a bonus." he winked as he open the door.

We started walking down the stairs and his mom and dad were there waiting for us. I slightly lowered my head and hid behind Yunho. I could feel his mother's eyes starting to burn holes on the side of my face from the intense glare she was giving me. Yunho dropped our bags on the floor and looked at his mother.

"Did you call a cab?" he asked coldly.

"It's on it's way." she answered in the same tone.

"I wish i could say it was nice seeing you but..."

"I wish i could say the same."

"No you don't. It would kill you to say anything remotely nice."

"Do not raise your voice at me! I am your mother."

"Then act like one." Yunho looked back at me and Mason. "Yoona might have had Haden at a young age but she's a much better mother then you ever will be." His mother opened to say something, but Yunho was quicker. "We'll just wait outside for the cab." he picked up our bags and we were out the door.

I covered Mason with a blanket. "Why is it so cold today?" i asked as i tried my best to keep Mason warm. Yunho took out my jacket and scarf. "If i would have known that we were leaving today then i would have worn something warmer."

"Sorry." he said wrapping the scarf around my neck after helping me into my jacket. "I would have told you if i had known." he stated as he pinched my cheeks. "But i just had to take immediate action."

"This didn't turn out at all like what i wanted." i sighed. He tilted his head. "I wanted you to be ok with your family."

"Why?"

Because i need someone to look after you when i'm gone.

"Because having family there for you is better than being alone."

He smiled and hugged me. "But i have you and Mason." For now. He kissed the both of us. "You guys are my family now...oh and Seohyun too of course."

We waited about half an hour before the cab arrived. Seohyun came out when she noticed that our room was empty. She begged us not to leave but our cab was already here so her pleads were pointless. We put our stuff in the trunk and got into the cab. I waved at Seohyun as we started to pull away. Then i saw Minho rushing out the door looking sad in our direction. He sadly waved at me and i waved back. Yunho wasn't happy to see him but he didn't say anything and just sat right in his seat. I finally turned around and sat right and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"We're catching the next flight home." he suddenly whispered to me. "And if me fighting with my parents bothers you so much then i'll see what i can do." I smiled as i watched Mason play with his toy. "They're just going to need a month or two to cool off with what just happen."

"A month or two?" i questioned.

"Hey normally it take 2 years but if you don't want me to work on it..."

"One or two months is fine." I quickly added. "Just make sure that you try your best to fix your relationship with them." He nodded.

He was quiet for a while, but it didn't last long. "So that guy came to see you leave." I fought the urge to roll my eyes. "I thought he got the message last night."

"He was just saying goodbye oppa." i stated. "Despite what happened last night i still see him as a friend. He was really nice to me."

"Yeah, because he wanted to make another Mason." he commented.

"Oppa will you please stop." i sighed. "I didn't know that he.... felt that way about me. And he didn't try anything until last night. And i have a feeling like he wouldn't have done anything like that if he didn't have those couple of drinks."

"You see he drinks too." he pointed out. "That is not someone you should be involved with."

"Involved with?" I was starting to get tired of his jealousy. "He was just someone i was talking to because you were busy being charming to all the guest. It was nice to meet a new person. You can't stop me from meeting new people. I mean it's gonna happen sometime."

He stayed quiet for a while. "I know... i'm sorry." he reached for my hand. "It's just i feel that one day you'll leave me for someone like that. Young, cute...young."

"Wow, who would have thought that Dr. Yunho. The youngest doctor in his hospital, not to mention one of the smartest at his hospital, would be insecure." i teased.

"Ha! Me. Insecure." he faked laughed and quickly stopped. "Only when it comes to you"

I kissed his cheek. "Well there's nothing to worry about. I will always love you and only you." i kissed him again. "So stop being insecure."

 

 

When we finally arrived home Mason was beyond tired and fussy. He was uncomfortable the whole plane ride and wanted to be home already. Yunho carried in our bags while i set Mason down in his bed. The phone rings and i rush to pick it up since Yunho is in the bathroom taking a shower.

"Hello?" i answer.

"Hey munchkin." My heart stopped for a second. "You still there?' i didn't answer. "Well since i can hear you breathing then i'll take it as your listening. I was just making sure that you didn't run away with your doctor and our baby. I mean you said 5 years but i honestly thought that you left."

"I thought you said you would leave us alone." i whispered into the phone while i made sure that Yunho was still in the shower. "I g-gave you m-my word."

"I know but i heard that you left with a bunch of luggage and it's been a while since anyone has answered the phone, so i just assumed..."

"I gave you my word." i said more forceful. "S-so don't c-call again. Please Jaejoong."

"Ok." he said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"Babe! Can you hand me a towel please." Yunho called out.

"Be right there." i yelled out to him. "Goodbye Jaejoong."

I quickly hung up the phone and grabbed a towel and handed it to Yunho. "Who was it on the phone?" he asked.

"Wrong number." i lied. "Do you want something to eat? I can make you a sandwich if you want."

"No it's ok. In fact i just want to lay in bed." He smiled. "And i'm pretty sure that you just want to go to bed."

"You have no idea." i laughed. I walked away and changed into my PJ's then waited for Yunho to come to bed. "Had a nice bath?" He nodded as he wrapped his arms around my waist and dozed off. 

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sooooo sorry itz taking me forever to update but i finally got my computer back. Something was wrong with it and it didn't work. I got it fixed and luckily it wasn't anything too bad so all my files were still saved. Yay! Anyways i promise i'll update as soon as i can. I've been pretty busy and haven't had time to go over my work so just hang in there lol. Anyways yay Mason's father has finally been revealed. FINALLY!!!!!!! So how many of you are happy with my choice for his father? Anyways we'll be seeing a lot more of Jaejoong from now on. And things start to get.... interesting for Yoona and Yunho. Subscribe and comment please. Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoied.