final.

Midnight Time

I was home at 9pm from school. School these daysㅡsince I'm in senior year so my teachers are holding extra classes plus giving us a bunch of homeworks. I'm supposed to home early, but yeah.

As soon as I reached my bed after changed my clothes, my phone rang. And the caller ID popped out. Chae Hyungwon, it said.

.

.

He's the guy who I've been in relationship with for about 3 months. We were closeㅡbut not bestfriendsㅡsince I entered high school, and he was my senior. He was told by a teacher to guide me around the school for a week. During that time, he always came to my class and took me wherever I want to go. He's just like my own brother and also talkativeㅡeven though he's pretty timid, but I love this side of him. And I realized that I fell in love with him.

I had gathered my guts to confess my feelings to him on last holiday. I asked him to go to a picnic and he agreed. And at the middle of lunch time on picnic, I confessed to himㅡwhich made him choked on his fried chicken. Yes, he was surprised and speechless at the first. I'm started to be worried, I thought he will reject me for some reason or even he will leave immediately after I confessed, but who knows if he actually liked me too? He answered my confession through a peck on my cheek. He didn't say anything but he really meant itㅡhis eyes told.

Finally, we started our relationship after that. And soon, he graduated and I'm started to fight senior-year life.

And, psst, we haven't kissing yet. So I still don't have my first kiss... I hope he will be mine though...

.

.

"Hello?" I picked up the call.

"Good evening, princess! How's your day? I know you must be tired, but me too! How about we going out to have some relax at 12? Okay, don't answer this. Let me surprise you so just stay still! I love you."

I let out my smile a bit when he said I love you part because his voice was so weird. I was a bit disappointed too because it's a voicemail, not a call. I really want to talk to him, but nevermind, he must have slept now.

The time passed by and I started to be sleepy. I pulled my blanket all over my body and placed my head on the pillow, after I texted Hyungwon a goodnight and kisses.

 

ㅡㅡ

 

Ding dong

Ding dong

I opened my eyes a bit as I heard a door bell. I tut and covered my ears using a pillowㅡbecause don't wanna hear it again, how noisy!

Ding dong

Ding dong

Geez, are people downstairs deaf? How can they not hearing the damn bell ringed? I, as a person upstairs, even annoyed!

I jumped out of my bed and walked downstairs. I scratched my hair in annoyance as I looked up to the clock. 11.47 pm, oh my gosh. I was too lazy to peek out through the small window so I just opened it. Suddenly, a guy with familiar face popped out. He was wearing a grey hoodieㅡwhich suited him soooo wellㅡand his black hair looked so messy, like he just woke up. I gulped.

"Princess!" he called me as he spread his armsㅡasking me to come into his arms. I widened my eyes.

"What the heck- what are you doing here, oppa? I mean it's midnight now!" I asked and a bit raised my voice. I combed my hair immediately with my fingers and fixed my clothes. Hyungwon just grinned when he saw my messy looks.

"I've sent you a voicemail, remember?" he answered softly. I was speechless but ended up palming my face. Right, we'll going out.

"But isn't it at 12pm?"

"No, dummy. I didn't even say 12pm."

"You didn't say 12am too!"

"Then, surprise!"

Hyungwon lifted his hand up in the air like a kid who just got a new toy from his mother. I laughed at his action. He looks so cute when he's being hyper like this. Then, he ruffled my hair and reached my hand to shove a candy into it. It was a coffee flavored candy.

"Now, let's not sleep and get change. I'll wait in the car." he said and kissed the back of my palm before he walked back to his car. I nodded and ran to my room quickly. I changed my pajama into a grey sweaterㅡto match his sweater hehehㅡand black training pants. I ran back from my room and house to Hyungwon's car.

I put my seatbelt on as soon as I took a seat at the seat beside him. "So what are we going to do?" I asked as I turned my head to look at him.

Hyungwon, who was playing with his phone, put his phone aside and turned his body to face me. He leaned forward while grinning widely. "Surprise. So I won't spoil anything."

I laughed a bit when seeing his face getting closer to mine. I cupped his face in my hands and squished his cheeks. "Why are you doing this to me... We promised to not keep our secrets, right?" I pouted. "But now it's okay, I can't wait for the surprise, oppa."

The boy smiled again. He leaned forward again and kissed the tip of my nose. "Just call me Hyungwon for tonight. Okay, princess?"

I nodded as I started to blushing. This might be my first time calling him by name. "Okay, Hyungwon-ah." I let go of his face and he fixed his position on his seat and put his seatbelt on. He turned the engine on and started driving.

"That's my girl." he said, his hand reached my head and ruffled the hair on it. I faked an annoyance, so I took his hand from my head and holding it tightly. It was so warming.

 

ㅡㅡ

 

Hyungwon's car leaded us to a parking building in the city. We arrived at the rooftop. As we walked out of the car, I can feel the night wind passed by me. It was refreshing and a bit cold. I shivered a bit and rubbed my palms to gain warmness. Suddenly, I felt long arms wrapped around my neck and dragged me into the owner's coat. Then, he fixed his coat which was wrapped and protected us from the night breeze.

"Feel relaxed now?" Hyungwon askedㅡhe murmured against my hair. He rested his head on mine. "Your shampoo smells nice."

I hummed as I listened to his words. "Hmm. I like this place. It's been a long time since I saw the stars." I stared blankly at the skyㅡadmiring the sky. It's filled with stars and the moon appeared in the middle, they made the dark sky became the bright one. "I did your command, sirㅡyou told me to use strawberry shampoo."

Hyungwon laughed a bit as he ruffled my hair. Then, we were standing in silence with his arms still wrapped around my neck, and still admiring the sky.

I never feel this feeling thoughㅡI felt so relaxed and refreshed, so does Hyungwon. We both were busy with our own business these days. We, who supposed to not skip the date, still skipped it too because there was moments where we can't waste our time for that thing. We only talked through video calls or texts. So I felt a bit better than before, I was happy even though I was annoyed because he actually disturbed my sleep time. But, I have to admit that this time is better than sleeping. I can see him by person now, I missed him so much.

Hyungwon let go of me from his embrace, and turned my body to face him. "Should we do a little picnic?" he said while smiling widely. Without even thinking, I nodded in happiness.

Hyungwon was really prepared everythingㅡand now he has prepared some foods to be eaten together. After we got back into the car, he took out his big paper bag which has foods in it. He gave me a burgerㅡluckily, he bought my favorite one!ㅡbefore he took his.

"Oh, Hyungwon-ah," I called. "didn't you say you don't want to eat junk food too much?" I asked him in worries. I remembered when he said he shouldn't eat junk foods too much for his health, and yesterday he just bought a fried chicken for dinnerㅡhe sent me the pic on Snapchat.

"Don't worry, okay? Just for tonight. Nobody knows about this." he gave me a smile. "Eat a lot, princess. Stop being skinny."

"Aigoo, what skinny? You're the one who skinny, duh."

"Dummy, this is a command. Do it or I'm not gonna buy you plushies again."

"Y-yes, sir..." I bowed a bit to him like a maid, and he laughed while chewing, made him choked and let me gave him a bottle of water.

"Slow down!" I laughed at his actions. I rubbed his back as he finished his drinking. He laughed again in embarrassment, but I thought it was cute. And adorable.

I accidentally glanced at his burger buns on his lapㅡHyungwon usually eat the burger first then the buns. I already finished my burger, but I felt like I want to eat more... especially those buns.

Hyungwon caught my glance and he teased me. He took his bun and raised it in the air. "Do you want?" I nodded as I gulped. Hyungwon stayed silent for a while, and spoke again. "Close your eyes and open your mouth. It's a command and you'll get this bun." he said, and I did as told.

I closed my eyes and straightened my body while waiting for his action. I heard his moving which made me nervous somehow. It's fine as long as I get my buns!

"Open your mouth, I'll feed you, princess." he said again. I frowned at the first, but finally opened my mouth.

"I guess I don't have to close my eyes for that, Hyu-" my words got cut because a bun shoved into my mouth suddenly. Dumb Hyungwon oppa, I thought. But, what was weird is Hyungwon didn't pull the bun out of my mouthㅡit's just staying still. I was curious so I opened my eyes slowly.

I caught Hyungwon's face right in front of meㅡwith his mouth holding the bun. He was staring at me, without even blinking. I felt nervous but happy at the same time, butterflies are flying in my stomach and my heart fluttered. And I can see Hyungwon's ears are on fire. And that was cute.

Hyungwon grabbed the bun and put it into my burger box suddenly so I let go of the bun too. Then, he immediately cupped my cheeks in his palms and staring at me again. His stare was deep so I could swim my eyes in his.

"Junk food doesn't matter for me as long as I can eat it with you." he murmured. His thumbs moved softly on my cheeks. His stares became trustful, and yes, I do trust him, he was being honest. My heart started beating so fast. I gulped in nervousness but not trying to be awkward. 

"Do you know how much I miss this face?"

I closed my eyes after I listened to his words. I tried to hold my tears. I miss you too, Hyungwon. I really really miss you.

Before I could speak, Hyungwon pulled my face to his and pressed his lips on my forehead, cheeks, and nose. He paused for a while, and finally pulled my face before he pressed his lips again, on my lips.

He tilted his head as he tucked my hair behind my ear in the kiss. Then, he pulled my face to deepen it. The kiss was pretty long, but it's so sweet and he really meant it.

We both broke the kiss to catch breath. Hyungwon let go of my cheeks and smiled at me, which made me blushed and shoved my face into my palms.

"Oh- a-are you okay, princess?" he asked in panic. I shook my head immediately as response, and he startled. "W-why? I'm so sorry..."

I lifted my head up when Hyungwon said "sorry" and stared blankly at him. My cheeks were in red, I bet he can see it...

"It was... my first kiss..." I shyly said, then put my face in my palms again. I heard Hyungwon chuckled a bit. His hand reached my hair and he ruffled it again playfully.

"I'm happy," he said. "because I was the first guy to taste your lips." he widen his grin. I hit him in the arm and faking a shiver because of his cheesiness.

"Stop it, dummy..." I mumbled. Again, I felt my cheeks became warm. "I don't know if I should proud or not for having this cheesy king."

"Be happy, princess. You're the princess- no, the queen! Because you're with me." Hyungwon pointed at me and himself. I chuckled.

Soon after that, I yawned because I felt a bit sleepy. Hyungwon who noticed my actions patted his lapㅡinviting me to sleep on his lap. I fixed my position on my seat and put my head on his thighs. He caressed my hair and played his fingers on my face sometimesㅡto help me sleep. The important thing he knew at this time is that I like to hear his lullaby. His voice might not as good as I expected, but it's just charming. And he did it.

" I wanna love you, baby
Let me sing for you

I wanna kiss you, baby
Tell me that I'm your man

Let's walk on this street, everyone will be jealous
You're gonna tell me you love me today

Before the day is over
I want you to be in my arms
I want you more than anyone else
I want you baby
Every day, I want you to be my girl
I pray again today, yeah

Amen "

I smiled a bit as I heard him singing. That's sweet of him.

 

ㅡㅡ

 

Hyungwon took me back home. He told me to sleep straight after this and eat a lot as soon as I wake up later. And I chuckled at his cuteness. He also handed me a paper bag but he told me to open it when I already at home. So I walked out from the car after Hyungwon gave me kisses and a goodnight. It's real for now, I thought.

I opened the paper bag when I already reached my room. I took my phone out from it and also a little doll with Hyungwon's face on it. It's sooo cute! Really. I just can't hold my feels and I think I'll squish this doll all day long because it's too cute.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated and I saw a Snapchat notification there. I pressed on the notification tab and opened Hyungwon's snap. He sent me his selcas with this Hyungwon doll, which I found them adorable.

"congrats! you'll be seeing me everyday without worries."

"if you think i'm annoying sometimes, you can punch this doll too. i love you!"

I smiled as I captured his selcas. I hugged the doll in my arm and flicked its body. You dork.

I pressed the video button and filmed myself with the doll. I waved it on the camera and I widen my smile. "I love you too." I said after that while making a heart sign. It's all recorded and I sent it to Hyungwon.

He surely will love it. I know it's cheesy but he said I'm the queen, right?

I held my doll and raised it in the air. I tilted my head for several times to take a look of this doll. I just realized that seeing his face makes me miss him even more. But nevermind, all he did to me already made me happy. No worries, he said.

Thanks for everything, Hyungwon-ah.