Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat on the train as it gently hummed beneath him.

He felt the gentle moving of the train as it transported him back to his life five years ago. A thousand watt smile flashed in his head as he smiled to himself, closing his eyes and letting the soothing noise of the train lull him to sleep.

...
To Chanyel,
Hi its Baekhyun and my mum told me too tell yuo fanks for the pencil yu let me borrow

Fro, Baekhyun

Chanyeol read the letter as the teacher talked about the parts of a flower. He looked at the thin boy sitting right behind him as he stared back expectantly, waiting for a reply.

Chanyeol quickly scribbled

Hi too Baekhyun its okay you can keep the pencil because I have lots you know and you can always borrow form me.

From Chanyeol (not Chanyel)

"Mr Park?"
Chanyeol looked up from the piece of paper and saw that everyone's attention is on him. He gulped as the teacher's eagle eye bore at the fist he was making on his table, clenching the paper tightly. Chanyeol felt like she could burn through his skin and bones  with just her glare alone. She knew. She caught them. The teacher approached him and his heart raced. He needs to dispose the paper quickly.

Chanyeol ate the paper.

Everyone gasped including Baekhyun.

"Stay here and reflect on your behaviour!" The teacher slammed the door on Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who are carrying three books on each hand as both their arms are laid out in front of them as they stood outside their classroom.

Baekhyun flinched on the loud slam of the door whilst Chanyeol was just smiling at the roof. He looked over at the smaller boy beside him and he saw him crying. His smile was replaced by worry.

"What's wrong, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked, but he couldn't move towards the boy as the teacher is watching them through the tiny window on the door.

"S-she said that she's going to call my mum and--" Baekhyun cried even more as he was drowned by the thought of his mum scolding him.

Chanyeol felt guilty. If only Baekhyun didn't stand up to defend him, he wouldn't get dragged into this as well. Baekhyun was merely trying to thank him and he thought that it was unfair. It was unfair because there's nothing wrong on what they were doing. He rfelt a lump on his throat forming, but he resisted the urge to cry. Instead, he cleared his throat and smiled. Baekhyun glanced over his side.

Baekhyun was confused on why Chanyeol was looking around and was taken aback when he quickly grabbed the books from his right hand. Baekhyun opened his mouth to protest but Chanyeol silenced him. "Shhh! It's okay! She's writing something on the board" Chanyeol's eyes were still glued on the tiny window as he lowered his voice but still loud enough for only Baekhyun to hear.

"Yah, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun whimpered. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun as he saw the dread in his eyes. Chanyeol only smiled and said "It's okay, I'll take care of you."

...
"Attention to all passengers.
I'm sorry to inform you that there has been problems encountered regarding the heavy rains which flooded our tracks. We are delaying all current trips until further notice. There are cafés and shops around the area as we encourage for everyone to stay warm. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

Baekhyun was awoken by the groans and the shifting of the people on the train as they gathered their belongings and filed out of the train carriage. He didn't even realise that it was raining hard, but his mind is preoccupied of the thought of a certain person. "It's raining. Is he going to be okay?"

He fished his phone from his pocket and dialled the first person in his contacts.

No answer.

...

"W-wait" Baekhyun sat at the side of his bed, his face turned away Chanyeol. "I-I'm not sure if I want to do this" he covered his face as Chanyeol laughed silently. He took Baekhyun's arm and turned him around so they're facing each other. "Don't worry. I'll do it slowly. I'll be gentle" Chanyeol said reassuringly to the latter. "Ha-have you done this before?" Chanyeol sensed the worry in Baekhyun's voice. "N-no. But trust me" he cupped Baekhyun's face in his big hands, blushing as he looked away. Baekhyun nodded and turned around. He closed his eyes as he felt Chanyeol positioning himself behind.

"O-ow!" Baekhyun yelped.
"Shh. Don't move too much" Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's shoulder as he pulled him closer.

"Wa-wait! It hur-- Ahh!"

"Damn. Sorry! I'll slow down"

"Ch-Chanyeol... It hurts"

"I-It's nearly in!"

"Wa- Oh my god"

"Ahh. There we go!"

Baekhyun's eyes are still closed, panting hard and his heart racing. He could feel Chanyeol's breathing warm and rapid on his neck while gripping his shoulder tightly. "Good job" Chanyeol patted his shoulder and smiled as he layed himself on the bed. Baekhyun snapped his eyes open and touched his right ear which is now pierced.
...

"Since when did you get your ear pierced?" Mrs. Byun asked as she eyed the stud in her son's right ear who is currently eating happily. "Oh! Chanyur did it. Ichs cheaper than getching ich done shomwhere elsh anyways" Baekhyun replied without even swallowing the food he stuffed to his mouth. His parents would usually scold him for doing these kind of things, but now they just shrugged and continued to eat their breakfast.

"Where is that kid anyways? I haven't seen him in ages!" His dad asked as he laughed. "Yes! We miss Chanyeol very much. I hope that he comes over soon!" Mrs. Byun said as she sighed. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he said "Eomma, it's only been a week. Besides, he's busy with school and his part time job and he lives next door!". "Tell him to come over any time! I'll make his favourite tteokbokki" Mrs. Byun continued as if she didn't hear her son.

Baekhyun and Mr. Byun stood up to leave as they both kissed Mrs. Byun's cheek to say goodbye. They both stood at the gate waving at Mrs Byun, who is now waving back from the door when she remembered, "Ah! Baekhyunnie! Do you want me to buy you clothes for your prom?" But Baekhyun didn't hear as he rang the doorbell of the house next door.

...

"Are you going to the prom?" Chanyeol asked as they both sat under 'their' tree across the oval. He is stuffing his mouth with the chocolate muffin a girl gave him on their way to school earlier. People scurried in packs as they walked around to stretch their legs for their vacant period.

"Maybe. I don't know" Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders as he layed down to stretch his tiny limbs. "Oh come on! It'll be fun, you know" Chanyeol said as he lowered himself to the grass beside Baekhyun, propping his elbow as he rest his face on his palm. "Why do I need to, though? Besides, I haven't got myself a date yet" Baekhyun said as he squinted his eyes, protecting his crescent eyes from the early sun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter