Fin.

Luckiest Man on Earth

 

Lee Changsub held his head between his knees, heaving a sigh that was audible for his entire members to hear. Hyunsik nudged Eunkwang in his side, and Sungjae looked worriedly at the brother-like guy who rarely shows any concerns in front of them. 

"Hey, you know you have us, right?" Eunkwang slowly said, his voice soft as a marshmallow. The six boys approached Changsub who rose his head, looking miserable as ever. 

"So what's up?" Minhyuk, the second oldest, asked while sitting beside him with his arm tightly securing the younger' shoulders. It had to be 'something'. 

"Okay, but don't laugh" They all knew when Changub said those words, it had to be something severe. Lee Changsub never gets gloomy. He always stays happy and positive so that the entire group can. 
They all nodded in unison, looking down at the boy who bit his lips nervously. They lived together for about 5 years already and knew each other longer than that. They all knew when to be serious and kindhearted and when to joke around. 

"I saw Irene with another idol" Changsub mumbled, face turning red as he heard no word from any of his band mates. 

Peniel looked at ilhoon, who looked at Hyunsik who looked at Eunkwang. They all knew each other so well, but they didn't know how to react to this. 

"Just when I was about to ask her out" Changsub decided to continue, he thought he need more explaining to do. 
"I thought she liked me, even Joy said something like that. But I guess I was wrong" he sighed deeply, remembering the nights he texted Irene who texted him back instantly. Wasn't that a sign that she kind of appreciated him? Or the time they met at the broadcast station and she came running to him just to talk. 

Changsub wasn't a guy you can say 'handsome' in the industry. There were people like Sungjae and Minhyuk everywhere in this world. Thus Changsub never thought he had a chance. But with how friendly and cheerful Irene is around him, he felt delighted and felt like he was special. He heard from Joy that she rarely hangs around male celebrities, especially idols, which made him feel even special. He thought about confessing for ages and today, after a long month of questioning himself over and over again, he collected his guts to finally ask her out on a date to the rooftop of the broadcast station, one of the safest places for celebrity couples. 

"Well who was that guy?" Minhyuk asked, his voice full of warmth, just like how a mother talks to her son when he is weak. 

"TOP sunbaenim" 

"From Bigbang??" Peniel frowned. Everyone gasped. They were ready to say some comforting words to him, like cheer up you can win her over, or like you're worth more, but he was a different scale. No doubt he was more handsome, more mature and of course, wealthier. 

Changsub looked up at the boys who looked depressed, just like him. When one member feels depressed, they all feel it too. He felt a small smile forming on his lips. He was lucky to have them. Friends who feel each other, brothers that he would save even if it meant death. They were his everything. 

"You know hyung," Sungjae looked up "even though she might have been talking with him, doesn't mean they are an item" he made a point. The other boys nodded their heads, agreeing with the maknae. Changsub scratched his head, still unsure of Sungjae's advice. 

"And even if she was taken, you might still have a chance" Hyunsik commented, "I also feel a vibe between you two" and he smiled. 

"So you guys think I should at least try?" Changsub asked, his eyes traveling from one member to another. 

And just as they were about to say yes, there was a knock on their waiting room door. Sungjae, being the maknae, opened the door. 

"Err, is Changsubie here?" A soft voice asked, making everyone freeze in their spot. Sungjae quickly took a glance at his hyung, who jolted up from his spot and looked into the mirror to check his reflection. 
"I got a text saying he wanted to say something directly, but I he hasn't come yet. Is he sick or something?" Her voice was full of worry and Sungjae quickly denied that possibility. 

"Oh, no no! He's up and right. Hyung! Irene noona wants to talk to you!!" Sungjae acted as if what happened a while ago was nothing and shouted for Changsub who was already walking towards them. The manknae opened the door wider for Irene to be able to see him. 

"Mihanae, I was busy discussing something with Eunkwang hyung that I forgot the time" Changsub said, as he walked out of the waiting, and leading the girl towards a quieter place. 

"Yah, you know I've been waiting" Changsub could tell the pretty girl was pouting, even though he had his back towards her. 
"So anyway what's the talk? Is it about Joy and Sungjae? Cause if it is, I don't know anything" Irene said with her hands up, brows knitted as she mumbled stuff like how come Joy has a boyfriend at such young age. 

"No it's not" Changsub said, chuckling while seeing how Irene mumbled about how jealous she is. He never knew how they became close. He only spoke to her a couple of times at the 'we got married' show but gradually they bac me fond of each other. He knew he was lucky. Many guy idols were trying hard to get into his position but Irene didn't give a sh*t about them. She only got close with those she chose, and those were few, excluding her sm colleagues, of course. 

"Okay, so what's it about?" Irene asked, arms crossed in front of her chest, and head tilted. 

Changsub looked at Irene for a bit, gathering every single gut he had, as he bit his lips. 
"I was wondering if you would like to hang out with me some time" he said quietly, but loud enough for the latter to hear. It took some time for her to get what he just meant, and slowly her eyes grew bigger. 

"You mean, like as in.." She stuttered, a visible tint on her cheeks were visible. 

"Yes, I'm asking you out" Changsub stated, eyes wandering around the floor, not trying to meet her's. He was nervous as heck. It was actually the first time he had asked a girl out. He saw it happening a lot, but never has he ever thought he would be the one doing it. 

"I err..." Changsub felt pain in his heart. She was thinking. This meant bad. He once heard Minhyuk say that if a girl thinks about whether to go out with you, it's probably going to be a 'no'. 

Well at least he tried, right? 

"I mean it's okay if you don't want to! It's not like I'm forcing you to" Changsub said with a forceful smile, trying to brighten up the mood. He didn't want herto say no directly at him. That would hurt his pride. He knew he wasn't worth her. She was beautiful, kind, well mannered and every guy wanted her. Why would he think a guy like him would be able to get her? 
"You know what, why don't you just forget that I asked you out" Changsub said with a bright voice, but his face said the opposite. He felt miserable. And just when he was about to leave Irene stopped him by holding onto his wrist. 

"Yes, I would go out with you" she blurted out. 

Changsub looked back at her, eyes opened as wide as possible and mouth hung open. He stared at the petite girl who avoided his state. Her face was red to the top of her ears and she bit her lips nervously. 

"W-what did you just say?" Changsub heard right. But what was he going to say than this? He was taken aback. 

"Yes" she said, this time looking at Changsub in the eyes. "I will go out with you" 

Changsub' face lit up. He turned his full body towards her, and cupped the latter's face softly. 
"The Irene would go out with me? Lee Changsub?" He shouted, voice full of joy. Irene blushed really hard, trying to shut the boy's mouth in case any one just heard him. Luckily there were no body around  
"Omg, this is amazing!! I mean way than amazing!! Thank you!" He said, smiling like an idiot as he started singing to some random song. 
Irene chucked.  He looked ridiculous when he acted like that. He never controls how he looks. It makes her wonder if he's really an idol. 
But that's  what she liked about him. He had this charm that no other guy has. Every guy that approaches her try to be cool. They try to look handsome and manly but she can tell that was just an act and it annoyed her. But with this guy, he was completely different. He kept being crazy, never tried to look handsome in front of her, but always had the manner. 

It took a while for Changsub to calm down, and when he did, he looked at her lovingly.
"I will treat you well, I would never make you sad. Never make you cry. Never look at other girls like I look at you. And always make you smile" he said, caressing her face with his palms as he quietly cupped her face. "Because I know I'm the luckiest man on earth" 

 

"Aww look at unnie! She's been waiting for this moment!" Joy squealed quietly, earning a punch from Wendy who told her to shut up. 
"But it's true! I never really understood why she likes Changsub oppa, but I guess he has this charm that once you fall for you can't get out" Joy said, smiling at the scene in front of her. 
"Hey what does that mean?" Sungjae pouted. Joy giggled, as she quickly pecked her boyfriend's cheek, assuring him that he was always her number one. 

 

--

Hi, to whomever read this! Sorry for the crappy srtory but I had it stored for a while so decided to post it. Made it without checking so I don't if it made any sense and I'm sorry if it didn't! Tanks for reading!