All or Muffin

All Or Muffin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun discovers the All or Muffin Cupcake Shoppe two days into his new job at the hospital library. A small store, decked out in swirling shades of blue and cream and an inviting aroma wafting from within. It's tucked away just around the corner from the hospital complex and he would have never discovered if he hadn't accidentally got off at the wrong bus stop that morning. He would never have noticed it, but the heady smell of coffee and pastries had been enough to catch his attention as he had blearily stumbled past its front door. He made a mental note to check it out when he next have a chance, before dashing off to avoid being late.

 

That chance came soon enough - that very lunchtime, in fact. The decor inside was light and airy, with soft music playing in the background. Seunghyun couldn't help smiling, and slowly approached the front counter to look at the display. A friendly looking guy is standing by the register, decked out in a uniform that matches the colours on the store front. The name tag on his shirt reads ‘Daesung’. Seunghyun can't help but think that the name fits.

 

Daesung turns and smiles at him, prompting a reflexive smile back so Seunghyun straightens up from the display case.

 

Seunghyun clears his throat, why was he suddenly feeling nervous? "May I try - "

 

The index finger that suddenly flew into the air and towards his face caught Seunghyun by surprise.

 

“Hold on! Let me guess!” That same finger was lowered and in turn rubbed thoughtfully over Daesung's chin. He didn't seem to realise that he had startled Seunghyun into silence.

 

The smile on Daesung's face got impossibly wider and he gives Seunghyun a thorough look. "For you, I would suggest the Maple Bacon cupcake and a black coffee with an extra shot. I'm guessing you left the house without breakfast this morning?”

 

It takes Seunghyun a second to regain his composure, and he schools his features into what he hopes is a charming smirk. “What if I don't eat meat?” He has to admit to himself that this Daesung is piquing his curiosity.

 

Daesung his head to the side. It makes him look so cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter