Princess • Sana X Jeongyeon

Twice One Shots

Pairing: Sana X Jeongyeon

 

Pretending to be a boy wasn’t very hard for Jeongyeon to pull off. In fact she liked it too much, Nayeon would say even loved it. All day she was given permission to flirt with girls, above the age of 18 of course, and whether they could tell if she was a girl or not was never a problem. Jeongyeon was good. Girls of all ages, and some boys as well, lined up to meet with the Prince. It was the dream job really.

Well except for when it was blistering hot and she was stuck in a thickly padded costume or when a kid decided that the churro they ate was not what they wanted inside of them and figured the best place the remains belonged was on the thickly padded costume. There was also the few times she’d have to reveal that she was in fact a girl when a jealous boyfriend got too agitated. But other than that it was great!

And where there was a prince there was a princess.

There had been only one princess in the entire time she’d worked at the theme park and they’d managed a steady friendship. Up until; Nayeon decided to leave to pursue her dream of becoming a real actress.

Jeongyeon had never been more distressed than when Nayeon had sat her down to fake break up with her. Every day that Nayeon had to attend until a replacement princess was found was spent with Jeongyeon pouting and having the children bother the guilty princess. It annoyed her which satisfied Jeongyeon who felt betrayed.

“So this is my last day.” Nayeon stated as they strolled down the park in their costumes, smiling and waving at children as they passed by.

“Traitor.” Jeongyeon hissed. “I can’t believe you’re just abandoning me like this.”

Nayeon sighed and wound her arm through Jeongyeon’s. “I know you’re perfectly content with doing this but I crave more. I went to school to be a real actress, not just play a part for children. One day we’re gonna get too old to play princess and prince and we’ll be out of jobs. I’m just thinking ahead and striking while I have the opportunity. I-“ She smiled brightly. “I got the role in that drama I was talking about. It’s nothing big but it will put my foot in the door.”

Jeongyeon stopped them and looked at her with wide eyes. “You got the part?”

Nayeon nodded and she laughed as she was enveloped in a hug.

“I know I’ve been moody about it but I’m really happy for you.” Jeongyeon admitted.

Jeongyeon watched sadly that afternoon as Nayeon emptied her locker and they hugged goodbye.

She knew they would see each other soon, they were best friends after all, but she would no longer get to work with her best friend. And of course who was she to stop her best friend from following her dreams. She was right, they couldn’t play pretend forever. It was something she didn’t let bother her as she made her way home. Instead, she wondered who exactly would be her new princess.

 

The next day she woke up early, butterflies in her tummy as she prepared for the day.

Nervousness was not something she dealt with often but the reminder that she would be working with someone new awakened the unfamiliar feeling. She tried shaking it off as she spoke to her sister on the phone as they agreed to meet for lunch sometime. It seemed to creep up again as she stood waiting for the bus and when she stood for a pretty girl to sit. She entered the park with heavy steps as she made her way to the staff room. Typically she wouldn’t be needed out in the park until much later but her manager had insisted that she be there early to greet the new princess and get to know her.

After changing into her costume, which was thankfully lighter because of the spring weather, and sat down on the break room sofa to nap while she awaited for the new princess.

She was awoken by Jihyo, the manager, who looked down at her in disapproval.

“You’re very unattractive when you sleep.” She stated coldly.

Jeongyeon grinned at her sloppily and sat up. “It’s all a part of my charm.”

Jihyo rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Meet your new princess.” She said gesturing toward the girl Jeongyeon just noticed standing just behind the sofa. Jumping up quickly, she bowed ninety degrees towards the girl.

“Hello your majesty.” She winked towards the girl. She was pleased to find the girl was very beautiful with doe like eyes and adorable cheeks. She just hoped they’d get along well.

The girl giggled and bowed back, “Hello.” Her voice was just as adorable and Jeongyeon had a feeling they’d get along just great.

 

“That over there is Tzubelle. She’s a fairy as you can see.” Jeongyeon pointed as the two strolled down the park. It had been weird seeing Nayeons dress on someone else at first but as she glanced at her once again she couldn’t help but admire the way Sana looked in it.

“Is that really her name?” Sana asked confused.

Jeongyeon laughed. “No her names Tzuyu but I like calling her Tzubelle. She doesn’t like it much.” She whispered as they passed by. Tzuyu was too busy with children to greet them so she simply waved.

“You seem to know this place really well.” Sana admired after Jeongyeon had rattled off about the park as they walked. “You don’t look old enough to have been working here for a long time though.”

“I’ve been here a couple of years.” She nodded, her mind remembering what Nayeon had said about being there forever. “Most of the stuff I’ve heard from older workers. Us characters don’t usually stick around for a long time.”

Sana nodded. “Were you close with the last princess?”

“Yes.” Jeongyeon answered. She walked over to the gardened sidewalk and plucked a daisy from the ground. “For my princess. I hope we can be close for however long we are together.”

Sana blushed and accepted the flower.”I hope so too.”