The cat and the mouse

The cat and the mouse
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo woke up that morning with a heavy Chanyeol on his back. It was not a shock because Chanyeol did it all the time; always for the same reason: to beg. This time he was rambling about a party he really really wanted to go. A very sleepy Kyungsoo just threw him off the bed and continued to sleep. It was pretty clear Chanyeol was not going to leave him alone, not when he was almost screaming “Panda ears and nose and we can go like animals, Soo! How awesome is that? Please, let us be the panda couple… or brothers or best friends please, please, please”. Obnoxiously Chanyeol poked his face and sat again on him, but now, on his chest.

“I don’t really understand why you always sleep shirtless if your room is as cold as Elsa’s castle. Anyways, Jongdae called me last night and invited us to his, and I quote, crazy animals party. Please, Soo, we’re done with finals and it’s our first free weekend, we can go and celebrate with Jongdae, Minseok and his friends. I’m not accepting a "no" for an answer, we’re going, even if that means I need to drag your skinny and flat to Jongdae’s house”. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and looked deadly serious at Chanyeol’s face. “First of all, I am not going as a panda. Second, get the off, you’re choking me. Third, my is not skinny nor flat and if you try to touch me, you’re a dead man. Dead.” The excited guy bit his lip, looking like a kicked puppy, even when he was sitting on the floor now. More like kneeling but who cares. Kyungsoo sighed, got out of bed, kicked Chanyeol and went to the kitchen for his well deserved coffee.

His roommate was a pain in the everytime he wanted something, thank God Kyungsoo knows how to keep him under control. At least he tried. Chanyeol was a happy and simple person who enjoyed playing the guitar and composing music. Nothing revolved around Chanyeol, only music. And most of the time, food. Kyungsoo was as simple as Chanyeol, but  he was a science nerd; majoring in Zoology.

They met when both of them were still very young, Chanyeol was the kid next door when the Do family moved in. He was playing with a ball when an intense stare caught his attention, the little and chubby Kyungsoo back then was very curious about Chanyeol because he was tall and clumsy, in a charming way; while Kyungsoo was quite the contrary, small with rose and round cheeks. Chanyeol waved his hand and offered the red ball to him. Kyungsoo waved back and the rest is history. They've been best friends since then.

Counting out the reasons why Kyungsoo couldn’t murder Chanyeol in his sleep, he prepared two mugs of coffee: one with milk, vanilla and lots of sugar for his stupid best friend and one black, sugarless for himself. His phone beeped when he was warming his hands with the mug. It was message from Jongdae.

"You better come to the party. No excuses. Dress up as an animal, you animal freak. See you at 7. xx"
 From: Kim Jongdae

Chanyeol entered the kitchen with a bag, full of God knows what. His grin was as big as the moon. Putting it on the table he waited for Kyungsoo to open it. He proceed to grab his coffee, staring at him intensely.

Kyungsoo opened the bag and growled. “I guess I have no escape from this”. Chanyeol just nodded.

 

~

 

At 6:30 PM a weird panda was taking a cab with a cute and grumpy mouse. At the end of the breakfast Chanyeol managed to convince Kyungsoo to dress up as a mouse because he got the “cute nose and big eyes”. Pandas were not Chanyeol jam but he was just fine with it, he bought both animal sets and went home the day before the part.

They arrived at 6:45 PM. Jongdae opened the door dressed as a lion and hugged them, while Minseok was counting the beers and snacks in their little living room. Their flat was rather small, it didn’t matter because the party was not going to be wild (maybe twelve or fifteen people). Jongdae was a ball of energy; making playlists, buying weird things for parties and being the best host in history. Chanyeol sat with Minseok and helped him with all the food and drinks. Kyungsoo just stood there, awkwardly, waiting for something to do. Jongdae snorted and took him by the arm. “Hey, relax, we’re just going to hang out with my boys and they are nice guys, believe me. Maybe one of them will catch your eye.” He wiggled his eyebrows and Kyungsoo blushed so hard, even his ears were red. Jongdae snorted again, patting his friend in the head.

At 8:00 PM the apartment was full of animals. Yifan and his boyfriend Yixing went as eagles. Minseok was nowhere to be found, but he reappeared a hour later wearing a hamster outfit. Jongdae didn’t know his boyfriend picked that animal and he controlled himself, after all their house was full of people and he couldn’t lose it. He had an image to protect, but it was hard when Minseok was shaking his hips in that sinful way. Minseok’s friends went dressed as the next animals: Baekhyun (the panda bear), Jongin (the black cat) and Sehun (the lizard). Zitao, Luhan and Junmyeon were the last because little baby Zitao couldn’t pick one animal. At the end, Suho was a dog, Luhan a fox and Zitao, well, Zitao was something close to a panther (black kitty, indeed).

Please log in to read the full chapter