-Final-

All that I'm After

Word count:1317

 

"You and I right or wrong, there's no other one."

Seungyeon held onto the taller woman tightly afraid to let go and Gyuri laughed at that. "I'm not going anywhere silly" Gyuri assured her same-aged-friend as she tried to reach for the remote control but failed as the clingy woman latched on even tighter. The leader sighed softly and smiled at the other woman, leaning in and placing a kiss on the side of the cute woman's cheek. Barely brushing by her lips. Seungyeon tensed up and her grip on the older woman loosened enough so she could finally reach the remote and turn the tv off. Gyuri turned towards her roommate again, this time her smile a much more playful. "Next time I'll put it on top of the refrigerator where you can't reach it" she teased and Seungyeon pouted at that. "So mean" the shorter woman huffed and puffed her cheeks who Gyuri pinched lovingly. "Always" the self-proclaimed goddess assured.

 

"After all this time I spent alone"

Gyuri recalls back before they managed to debut where it was a game of survival. No one was to be trusted and no one was supposed to be friends until the final line-up had been set. But somehow through the company's grouping, which the 88-year-born-girl's noticed always seemed to put them together. Somewhere between all the rivalry and distrust a friendship started to bloom. 

When they finally debuted in 2007 they debuted together with two others. Gyuri who was a few months older was appointed leader and as such took on the motherly role. Doing most of the cooking in the dorm together with a bandmate called Nicole a foreigner from America but a lovely, lively and talented girl to say the least. Seungyeon was put in charge of cleaning which Gyuri eventually helped out with. the group's fourth member Seunghee was put in charge of taking out the trash and do the dishes much to the girl's dismay but she still followed through. Despite her never ending whining.

When Seunghee suddenly decided to withdraw from the group with the excuse of studies both the 88-born girls started to slowly drift apart. Before Seungyeon knew it she found herself going to sleep and waking up alone. 

 

"Hard to believe a woman with sight could be so blind"

Gyuri somehow managed to cook breakfast and dinner every day. And leave a little note on the kitchen table reminding her members of the chores and activities. If any of the 4 girl's got sick or injured somehow magically there was always a snack or aid to that specific person. Like gift from god, a very kind and generous god.

***

It wasn't until their group promotions started and they kicked off with a new concept that Seungyeon realised that maybe Gyuri and she was more than just best friends. Despite them barely seeing each other Gyuri constantly had Seungyeon's back covered. If the older noticed the younger freezing she would simply take off her own jacket and put it on the freezing girl's shoulders before she embraced the shorter girl in a warm back hug.

Perhaps it was the strange fact that Gyuri seemed to know all Seungyeon's favorite dishes she liked to eat at which time of year or at which Resturant she preferred certain foods. Seungyeon was sure she never told her about it. 

Even if they danced until they collapsed Gyuri would drag them home herself and wash them by hand before putting them in bed. Somehow Gyuri seemed to be able to do the impossible. She was the kind of leader that lead by good example and guidance. Like a mother would a daughter.If the members wanted something Gyuri was able to fix it. From a certain home cooked meal to a guest appearance on a show. 

One time Seungyeon had woken up in the dead of night when their busy leader had returned home from a schedule. It wasn't until she looked up close that she saw how drained she had become. Seungyeon didn't hesitate to help the woman when she saw her almost collapse in exhaustion. Gyuri had done so much for them all. Because she loved them. Because she loved her. When Gyuri woke up the next day she was on top of some thing or rather someone. The person under her had mumbled something and Gyuri was so startled she fell out of bed with a frightened scream. The small woman sat up groggily in bed and rubbed her eyes with tired fists. Their 3 fellow members stormed into the room scared that something had happened. 

It was the same week Gyuri had confessed her love for the other woman and Seungyeon had been so shocked she was unable to reply. But Gyuri waited. 

 

"Thinking 'bout the better times, must have been out of my mind"

Seungyeon wasn't sure what she was supposed to feel. Surely she loved the woman but more in a sisterly way. But she loved how Gyuri was so caring and selfless and if someone needed help Gyuri gave it. Seungyeon decided that if there was a price for best leader, Gyuri would have gotten it, like she gotten everyone's admiration.

 

 

"So I'm running back to tell you"

"I like you too" Seungyeon muttered her cheeks red as a tomato. Gyuri didn't react, she didn't expect Seungyeon to ever respond back about the subject to be honest. The women sat in silence for a while. Gyuri staring into empty space while Seungyeon was fiddling with her fingers to ease the anxious feeling.

After a while Gyuri returned to earth, her eyes looking lovingly at the small figure in front of herself. "Thank you" Gyuri whispered, leaning in and planting a quick kiss on the younger woman's lips. Surprised Seungyeon looked with big eyes on the other woman. Her hand going up to touch her lips in shock. "Gyuri ah..." she said her voice trailing off. 

Gyuri leaned her back against the wall and put one of her hands on her face. "...I was so scared." she whispered faintly. Seungyeon crawled over to the now silently crying woman and embraced her in a hug. "I'm sorry" she spoke but Gyuri shook her head. "It's not your fault" she said and Seungyeon hugged her tighter in response. "I won't ever leave you again" she assured.

 

"Without you god, knows what I'd do"

When standing in the company office, the news of them disbanding freshly released. The two oldest members held hands tightly. After all this time even if the world crashed around them they would stick together somehow. 

The Kara shared one last group hug before they went their separate ways with the promise to cheer each other on and keep in contact. Seungyeon and Gyuri packed their last things from the dorm and retired to Gyuri's private apartment. 

 

***

 

A few years passed by and all former Kara members did well either in the entertainment industry or in private or in both. Some had already gotten married and they sang together as a group for the first time in what seemed like centuries. Hanging out and laughing together like they old times.

 

***

 

On one cold winter night sometime in November Gyuri went down on one knee and proposed. Seungyeon accepted with teary eyes and immediately hugged the older woman tightly. As hard as she loved her. 

"Park Gyuri... God knows what I would do without you..." Seungyeon whispered in between soft sobbing. Gyuri comforted her lover and friend this was a new beginning. Like when they debuted or the member line up changed. It would be different but not necessarily in a bad way. More in a exciting way.

As Gyuri put the fitted ring onto her future wife's ring finger she finished with planting a loving kiss on the back of the former idol's hand.