Onew Sangtae

Onew Sangtae

“Chaerin-ah~” I could hear his voice right beside my ears.  “Ummhh” I replied in a lazy tone as I stretch my body.  And turn my direction to the side of his voice and slowly opened my eyes. I use my right hand  to scratch my eyes, and the vision of his angelic face become clear. He showed his full white teeth in such a sweet smile hiding both of his eyeballs. And I smiled happily to him in reply, “did you sleep well?” I murmured. “Emm.. You?” He leaned closer to me, kissing my forehead and laying back to his place. I nodded, “I dreamt of you last night.”He continues. “What kind of dream, you byuntae!” You said a bit louder than before. “So we were on a park and­-“

I’m standing under a big tree with white ornament making the three looks so beautiful. My father’s standing right by my side along with a pastor. In front of us there’s 2 line of bench filled with my big family. From my grandma, grandpa, my aunts, my uncles, my mom, along with SM family too. They’re wearing dresses and tuxes. I could see their happy smile towards me, making me confused. But then when I look at Taemin he’s making an unvoiced talk to me, which I can’t understand.

“Hahahahaha typical Taemin..” I laughed. “Shhhttt! Save your comments for later. I’m not done yet wait until I finish it. If you laugh, I might forget the next part.” He said in a serious expression. “Okay okay, please continue your story your highness.” I reply holding my laugh. “And then i.. i..”He thinks for several seconds. “You what?” Onew kill you with curiosity. “I forgot, which part did I tell you before?”  he smiled and scratch his hair a bit. “Aigoo.. from Taemin, you can’t understand him.” “ah! Right, and then-“

I raised my eyebrow to Taemin hoping that he can see that I couldn’t understand him at all. But when he tried to repeat the words some music played. It’s not a wedding song, but it’s your favorite song the “Turning Page by Sleeping at Last” and suddenly a women with a wedding dress appeared not too far from me. You know if you watch a movie.. you might see there’s kids in front of the bride throwing flowers around the bride’s way. But it’s different they brought a big bucket, and when they pick the things inside it, it’s actually a fried chicken and throwing them on the bride’s way. And it makes me smile even wider. Because you know.. Fried chicken is my bff. Then the guest stand up, and looking at the bride, giving her a warm gaze the same as I do. Step by step bringing her closer to me and I realized that women is you..

“What? Why should I let those kids throwing those fried chicken on my wedding! Hahahahaha” You laughed again receiving a sharp glare from his eyes. “Ups.” You covered your mouth with both of your hands.

“I reached out my hand to you asking you to hold my hand. And you did so, I walked to you side by side then we look at the pastor, smiling at each other like the first time we met. The pastor read what he should read at weddings, so the couple could exchange vows.. Aaa! Don’t ask! cause I don’t remember. But here’s what I said to you “I always waited for this time to come. The time when I finally said “I do” to the women I love the most. But the one who’s standing right in front of me aren’t the one I love.”

“What? So you reject me!?”

“I’m not finish yet!” and you laugh again.
“She’s not only the one that I love but also the one who I cared the most in this world. The one I want to treasure for the rest of my life. The one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The one that cook fried chicken the best in this world. The one who became my everything for the last 4 years. So instead of only saying I do I’ll say Yes.. I already did, I do, and I always will.”He caressed my cheek and his eyes show me that he sincere to every word he said to me just now.

“And after that you give me your killer beautiful smile, and when the pastor ask you to accept me you also said “Yes I already did, I do, and I always will.” After we exchange the rings I link your hand on my arms and walk down the altar. But suddenly the floor cracked making me fall to a bunch of clouds made of chicken and I saw a man with white beards on another clouds, when I took a look at him more closer.. I realize that it’s the KFC’s founder.”

“Ahh! MWOYA!? HAHAHAHAHAH” Your smile disappeared but turned into a loud laugh making him laugh also. “Whatever you do is onew sangtae~” I sang. “Really hahaha I’m flustered when I hear your promises on the wedding. But meeting the KFC’s founder is the best part so far,.”You laugh your lungs out until you felt tears running out from your eyes. But when you look at Onew, he didn’t laugh at all. He looked up to the ceiling with a serious look on his face, thinking about something. “Wae? Do you forget that you actually have a schedule today?” You ask him worried. He turned his head facing you and stare deeply at your eyes  “what happened?” You asked.

“Moon Chaerin.. Would you accept me? Would you please be the one who I will say “I already did, I do, and I always will” to?” You couldn’t believe it. Your heart full of excitement, you’ve been waiting him for so long for this. And the day has finally come..

“Onew..” You turn your head facing him.

“Yeah?” He ask half whispering.

“I’m sorry..” You continue with a sad tone

“Why? Are you not ready yet?” His hand caresses your hair, clearing your face by tucking it behind your ear. So he can see you better.

A minute passed and you haven’t answer his question. When you took a glance at his face, you can already see him pouting.

“If you let the kids throw chicken instead of flowers at our wedding then I’ll say no.” You look at his eyes with mischievous smile.

“So…” The smile took over his face again.

“Yes Onew I accept you “I already did, I do, and I always will.” You smiled warmly at him.