Child II

Married to Koo Junhoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

It's almost noon and the both of you are now sitting on the couch, with the TV on, talking about the possibility of having children over tea. "What are your concerns, anyway? Why don't you tell me why this is such a burden to you?" you ask him.

"We agreed on this, didn't we?" Junhoe insists. "We agreed on postponing parenthood until we're more ready and stable."

"For how long? Our mothers have been asking for grandchildren for the past year, what lies should I tell them now, Koo Junhoe?" Junhoe is used to you saying only his name without any title but somehow this time it really bothers him.

You take note of the expression change on him and then reach out your hand to touch his. With your thumb, you gently caress his rough hand.

Careful, and with a softer voice, you continue, "Honey, we could buy a bigger apartment, or even a house, with our current savings. What money problem are we facing?" Junhoe still has his face away from you, unable to meet your eyes.

The worry on his face answers it all for you. You wait for him to admit but he won't. So you answer for yourself, "It's not about money. It's about you doubting yourself."

Junhoe eventually returns your gaze, his face says regret. "No, honey . . . it's not like that."

"Yes it is. It definitely is." You move closer to him, look into his eyes deeper, and then say, "You can't wait until you're ready to do something, you never will until you try and actually g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter