Best... out of...

Happy Kaisoo Day

#KaiSoo has never before turned trending topic, but it seems this year the number of shippers increased. Exo-L has always been a very dedicated fandom so of course the goal was achieved and people noticed, idols noticed. It’s not that they didn’t know, but they never went investigating on the subject, but seeing the hashtag on the side, knowing what it’s about, that it is about you, it makes you want to click it.

 

So Kyungsoo clicked it.

 

He didn’t exactly regret it, it was nice to see their fans so festive as if their combined birthdays were a worldwide holiday. Because yes, innocent little Kyungsoo only knew halfway, he believe the day to be a late celebration of his birthday and an early one of Jongin's. He knew what Kaisoo stood for, but he was still naive, so very naive, and the pictures being posted were just of them together in concerts and whatnot, they were very tuned down from the erted photoshopped pics and fanarts that he usually gets whenever Jongdae decides he wants to be a troll and send him what he finds on tumblr.

 

So he kept scrolling down, laughing at some of the old pictures of funny moment he shared with his friend, he became very surprised at how far some people went, they made altars, bought cake, etcetera. He skipped watching the videos because as soon as it began playing, the background music was so slow and romantic that he knew where it was going and he didn’t want to go there.

 

At some point, he began to notice a pattern, though: Anterograde Tomorrow. Everyone seemed to be mentioning it and some people even left the link, it must be good if so many people liked it, so he became curious, however the language barrier made itself obvious when he clicked and attempted to read it. His english was decent but not enough to read an entire work with vocabulary he didn’t understand, so he didn’t read past the prologue, which he wasn’t planning to anyway because he had the feeling, from the introduction alone, that at some point it would get ual and honestly, picturing himself and one of his best friends in ual situations could get awkward considering he’d have to see him everyday.

 

Like today, for example, because they used to be roommates and Jongin grew attached and now the boy spend more time in his room that he did on his own. Cue nervous closing of all tabs when he walked in, and the even more suspicious closing of the laptop as if he had been watching .

 

Jongin ignores the weird behaviour assuming that his hyung was indeed watching pron and it wouldn’t be polite to question him about it, they were guys after all, some things simply cannot be avoided.

 

“You ready, Hyung?” - he asked and was awarded with a simple nod, going back the way he came from and expecting his hyung to follow, the shorter did and they were soon joining the rest of exo-k in the living room for pizza because even they decided that celebrating two in oe was more convenient, making their own version of Kaisoo day at home.

 

And because they were such trolls, there was a cake and the cake read Kaisoo inside a heart and the teasing maximized.

 

And when I say the teasing maximized what I mean to say is that the poor birthday boys were forced to play pockie together, no, not pepero, pocky, there’s a difference.

 

A couple playing pepero wins against other couples if the leftover piece is exactly 1 cm, or the shortes out of all participants, this rule tends to variate. Two individuals playing pocky win one against the other if they get to the center first and consequently eat more of the stick. In pepero game, you don’t kiss, or at least you don’t have to, unless you’re Lay in which case you won’t stop even if you’ve already felt the other person’s lips.

 

In Pocky, though…

 

Thank Chanyeol for having enough blackmail material on Soo that he was forced to agree.

 

Kai didn’t need much convincing aside from: “you get to kiss”

 

So they got to kiss, Jongin won. But Kyungsoo is too proud and a very sore loser, he wasn’t about to let it end like that so he called for round two and Baekhyun got his camera ready (phone, really, no one bothers with actual cameras anymore).

 

Round two was much like round one so Kyungsoo decided to cheat.

 

You know how to cheat in pocky, right?

 

You break the stick in your mouth to make room, part your lips and use your tongue to part your rival’s, you the tip of it into your mouth and bite down on it, then pull, you move forward to suction it with your lips into your mouth, put your lips against your opponent's like nothing happened and then you can pull away and claim you have the biggest piece, now you do.

 

Now Kyungsoo does.

 

And while he grins like a winner, all Jongin can do is blush like the shy he is at heart.

 

And everyone else is gaping with eyes wide open because Oh My God! Was that Kyungsoo’s tongue!?

 

“I, I … I call for a rematch!”- jongin exclaims.

 

“Fine then, best two out of three?” - Kyungsoo offers as he mentally prepares for one last round.

 

Jongin looks like he’s considering his options while everyone else just grins and gets out their own phones to capture the scene, not trusting Baek to get a good shot with the way he doubles in mirt, no, that recording would be too shaky for sure, this legendary occasion needs to be documented in high definition.

 

“Best six out of ten!” - Jongin finally counters, blushing at this own boldness but the sly look on his eyes gives away how little of his innocence is still intact.



 

Whoever came up with #KaiSooDay… bless her.