"Let's Make Them Jealous!"

Mini Party for Little Jongin

Jongin felt something wet on his right cheek. Though, he did not bother opening his eyes before he felt heavy thing dipped by his bedside. He also felt the sun shone towards him. Okay. So was it the time to wake up? He did not want to wake up, really. Even though he knew that it was probably noon already. He really wanted to enjoy his birthday with a peaceful rest on his bed all day. Jongin smiled while still closing his eyes. He shifted his body with pleasure by the thought, but something was blocking him. Or someone, to be exact.

Jongin opened his eyes slowly to find a face staring close at him, separated by some inches only. Jongin pulled his head back by surprise. Minseok smiled his gummy smile then waved his hand at him.

“Good morning, Jongin-ah.”

Jongin sat up. He automatically rubbed his cheek. Wet, indeed. Did Minseok just kiss him before?

As if on cue, Minseok smiled then said, “I must have been kissing you too passionately.” He stood from his previous kneeling position then chuckled. “The others must've just pecked your cheek or something.”

“The others?” Jongin shook his head a while before gaining his full conciousness.

“Some of us already left for their solo activities this morning. They, of course, don’t forget to kiss you before they left.”

“Oh.” Jongin said dumbly. “Oh!” Jongin said again with surprised face. Of course he would get those kisses. The birthday boy always got kiss from each member. That was one of a kind ritual in their group that Jongin could not understand until now.

“Happy birthday, Jongin-ah.” Minseok bear hugged Jongin from aside.

“Um, thanks, hyung.” Jongin circled his hands to Minseok’s waist then patted Minseok’s back several times before letting the older release the hug. He felt warm inside when he saw his hyung smiled again to him. Jongin rubbed his nape nervously, “So, we’re the two left in the dorm?”

“No actually.” Jongin raised his eyebrow in question. “Sehun is helping Jongdae cooking. We’re going to throw a mini party for you, just the four of us. After that, we have to get ready for the awarding event.”

“Shoot! Sehun isn’t supposed to be in the kitchen.” Minseok chuckled from the honest statement. Without letting Jongin spoke anymore, Minsoek dragged the birthday boy out of bed and washed up before joining the rest in the kitchen.

 

Jongdae who was busy behind the kitchen counter decided to leave his previous work to give Jongin a smooch on the lips. After that, he went back to his work as if nothing happened.

"Why on the lips, hyung? Why?" Jongin sat on one of the chairs around the table. He swiped his own lips with the back of his hand, exagerrating to felt disguised.

"Kyungsoo pecked you on your lips too. I saw him this morning." Minseok sat beside Jongin, saying those things as if it was something usual.

Jongin was about to open his mouth to protest before he felt warm and soft lips touching his nape. Sehun maneuveured his movement to sit at the other side of Jongin's seat. "Happy birthday, love." Sehun moved his chair then faced Jongin. He cupped the tanned boy's cheeks and looked at Jongin right in the eyes. He slowly closed his own eyes. "Don't grow taller, don't grow taller, don't grow taller," Sehun spilled his wish in a low tone slowly like a mantra.

"Stop wishing him that, brat child!" Jongdae who had finished all of his work set things up on the table neatly. Minseok gave him a hand.

"He's already good at dancing with this height. He doesn't need to grow any taller. Lemme be the taller one."

"You are being greedy." Jongin said with a muffled voice while trying to release Sehun's hands from his face.

“Well, let’s just eat. I’m hungry to death.” Jongdae gave each person a smaller bowl to eat.

There were three meals on the table. Seaweed soup, spaghetti, and cupcakes. Jongin took his bowl then poured some seaweed soup into it.

“Each meal was made by one of us. Try guessing who made which meal.” Sehun said enthusiastically.

“This is Minseok hyung’s. That’s why I chose this first.” Jongin lifted his spoon of soup before putting it to his mouth. Minseok smiled fondly then poured some soup into his own bowl, followed by others.

“Fair enough. Minseok hyung always make us seaweed soup for our birthday.” Sehun chuckled.

“He is the oldest member, indeed.” Jongdae grinned before receiving a light punch oh his shoulder.

“Don’t say that.” Minseok ducked his head shyly.

The next thing Jongin tasted was the spaghetti. It was, surprisingly delicious. So Jongin, without doubt, guessed it as Jongdae’s. But then Sehun stood from his seat then punch his fist to the air in victory.

“Oh yeah! Does it feel that good, Kim Jongin? It does, right? Yahoo!”

Jongin could not complain because it was indeed good. Moreover, it was Sehun who made it, an opposite of cooking prodigy.

“Well, oh, before we forget. Let’s make them jealous!” Sehun pulled his phone from his pocket then shook it in front of everyone excitedly. “Come on!” He grabbed Jongdae’s neck to make him fit into the frame. The maknae then posted a photo (after taking several photos because he was not impressed by the result) in which he thought Jongin looked the ugliest.

 

[EXO Group Chat]

Kim Joonmyun: Happy birthday my dongsaeng. What do you want for your present? ^^

Park Chanyeol: UNFAIR!!!!!!!!! I AM HERE, TRYING TO GAIN SOME MONEY, BUT WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING WITHOUT MEEEE??? ;___;

Byun Baekhyun: Kim Jongdae is a backstabber. I hate you.

Zhang Yixing: Happy birthday, Jongin-ah. I miss dancing with you :’)

Do Kyungsoo: I want Minseok hyung’s seaweed soup too... This is unfair...

 

Jongin smiled. It was warm. He had all his friends on his birthday. His parents called him late that evening. His sister sent him the shoes he had been wanting for so long. Even Luhan and Zitao sent him some silly pictures with a heartwarming captions. Kris sent him (and Kyungsoo) a cute socks with KaiSoo picture on it. That noon, they decorated the cupcakes Jongdae had made with candles. His reliable hyung Kim Minseok, his moodmaker hyung Kim Jongdae, and his fellow silly buddy Oh Sehun sang him happy birthday cheerfully, happily, and a little bit too loudly. It looked simple, and boring for some people, but Jongin would never expected to celebrate his birthday the other way better. Jongin was happy.