Someday

Someday

 

Kevin sighed out of utter boredom. He had arrived at school a little earlier than usual today because he couldn't sleep last night. His mind was focused on a certain female classmate he had a growing crush on. "Why can't I get her out of mind?" he muttered.

Just then, the door opened and in came Leeann. She had side swept bangs and silky black hair that flowed past her chest. She was taller than most girls and had a slim figure. Kevin flushed a light pink and breathed, "Speak of the devil." He cleared his throat and said a 'good morning' as coolly as possible.

Leeann looked up and Kevin frowned. Her eyes were puffy and slightly red. "Good morning, Kevin," she replied softly.

Leeann took a seat near the middle, away from Kevin, who sat on a desk in the back. Kevin couldn't take his eyes off Leeann. His heart sank a little just knowing she had cried. 'Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep. My spidey senses picked up her unhappiness.'

Leeann was usually a cheerful girl; always laughing, smiling, and doing crazy things with her friends without a care in the world. She was rarely bummed out.

Kevin pondered whether or not he should ask her if she was okay. He sighed and looked out the window. Kevin wasn't close to Leeann; would it be weird if he asked? Right when Kevin decided asking wouldn't hurt, Eli, his best friend, came in and greeted him. "Hey Kev! Sorry I'm late. Oh, morning Leeann," he greeted politely.

Leanne looked up and lightly smiled in acknowledgement. "Morning."

"So, why couldn't you sleep last night?" Eli nudged him knowingly and wiggled his brows.

Kevin innocently looked up at the ceiling, avoiding his question. He then turned his attention to Leeann again and watched as she pulled her iPod out, twisted both earphones into her ear and covered as she yawned. She looked around and jumped, surprised by Kevin's stare. She quickly turned back around and lowered her left cheek onto the desk, facing away from Kevin.

"Kevin, were you even listening to me?" Eli pouted slightly.

"Sorry," Kevin blinked.

"Oh, I see Dongho coming through the gates," Eli nodded towards the window.

Kevin lazily looked out the window and spotted the said boy trudging along the dirt path leading into the school.

Soon enough, students slowly piled into the classroom. The once quiet and peaceful classroom was now filled with chatter and laughter.

Kevin spotted Leeann's friends sitting near her chatting happily. Leeann still kept her head down on the desk. Sometimes her friends would glance at her worriedly, then just shrug it off as lack of sleep, or at least that's what she told them all the time.

"Hey, Kevin," Dongho snapped his fingers in front of Kevin's face.

Kevin jumped and looked at Dongho questioningly. "Teach is here," Dongho nodded towards the front where the homeroom teacher stood, opening his attendance book.

Kevin nodded and slipped into his chair. The teacher started off roll call after the bell rang at 7:30.

"Kim Leeann?" he called without looking up.

Leeann didn't move from her position on the desk. Kevin bit his lip nervously. The teacher hated repeating himself.

"Kim Leeann?" he tried again, this time looking up.

The person behind her nudged her a bit. She groggily got up and stared up at the homeroom teacher that stood by her desk. "I-I'm sorry," she stuttered, intimidated.

"Do you want to go see the nurse?" he sighed. Guess he had a soft spot for her.

She shook her head wearily. The teacher sighed and turned back around, continuing roll call.

After roll call was done, the students began to talk animatedly for a few minutes until the bell rang again, signaling the start of first period. The students quieted down as the teacher started class.

Kevin sighed and stretched his arms. Class is boring and will always be boring. A folded piece of paper bounced off his nose and onto his desk. He looked up and saw Eli wave. Kevin smiled and rolled his eyes. Eli always passed him notes during class. He picked up the paper, neatly unfolded it, and skimmed through the short note.

Kevin~
Don't forget: Rehearsal in the music room during lunch!!
Love,

Your super awesome friend Eli, less than 3

P.S. I'm bored :(


Kevin chuckled quietly and looked back up. Eli looked at him questioningly and Kevin held his thumbs up. Eli grinned and turned back around.

"5... 4... 3... 2... Lunch time!" Kevin sang happily.

Kevin met up with Eli and Dongho at the door of the classroom. "Everyone else knows, right?"

Eli nodded. The three boys headed towards the music room, which was located near the art room. Kevin noticed a familiar figure walking in front of them. "Leeann...?" he called out uncertainly.

The silhouette turned around at the sound of her name. "Yes? Oh, hi Kevin, Eli, Dongho. Going to rehearse again?" she smiled.

"Yup! You're welcome to listen," Eli looked slyly at Kevin.

Kevin looked away and just nodded his head. "I can already hear you through the wall," she laughed.

Kevin felt a tingling in his chest from her laugh. Her laugh was soft and sweet to listen to. "But you can't see us dance through the wall," Dongho said innocently.

"Maybe later," Leeann smiled and bowed before disappearing into the art room.

The door closed with a soft click, and she was gone. Eli and Dongho nudged Kevin playfully. "Let's just go," Kevin rolled his eyes.

Soohyun, AJ, Hoon and Kiseop joined them a few minutes later and they started practice.

After 30 mins of non-stop practice, the boys sat down for a break. Kevin leaned against the wall separating the music room and the art room as he took a sip of refreshing water. He heaved a sigh, wondering how Leeann was doing. "From the expression on his face, you could tell he's thinking about Leeann," Eli snickered.

"I'm gonna go out for a sec," Kevin rolled his eyes.

"Alright, come back soon," Soohyun called out.

Kevin waved his hand, acknowledging what he said, and left the music room. The moment he left the room, he heard muffled screams of frustration coming from the room next door. He jumped in surprise then quickly ran into the art room, remembering who was in there. "Leeann?" he whispered.

He saw Leeann in the back of the room. On the floor, her phone was vibrating and ringing like crazy. Beside her, her iPod was playing music, but only her yelling could be heard.

"Quit art? I hate you mom! Why can't I be relaxed? Why am I not supposed to be happy? Am I not allowed to be happy until junior year is over, after I get accepted into a good college? Should I just quit art and study business just so you'll get off my back? She just wants me to be miserable. She just wants me to get a good-paying job so I can take care of her and she can relax and do nothing. I hate her! I hate her!" with every sentence, Leeann threw a handful of acrylic paint at the canvas leaning against the wall.

The canvas was covered with scattered dark splotches of paint. Kevin stood rooted to his spot, stunned. 'So that's why...'

"Nobody loves me. Nobody cares. I wish someone could just hold me and tell me everything's going to be okay and that they'll be there for me," Leeann whispered bitterly, sinking to her knees as tears streamed down her cheeks.

She got quiet as a song started playing on her iPod.

I silently cried,
Everything I had reached the end of the cliff,
It was dangerous

In a world that is raining,
I walked without an umbrella
Just following your eyes, those eyes.


"Somebody take me away,
Somebody take me away,
Somebody take me away,
Somebody take me away,
'Cause I can't take this pain," Leeann sang softly.

"That's our song..." Kevin whispered thoughtfully. ‘She sings it so well… so beautifully… and so full of pain.’

Leeann finally decided to pick up the abandoned phone on the floor. She quickly wiped her hands with a cloth nearby. As she reached for the phone, she noticed a pair of feet at the door. She looked up in surprise and fear, "Kevin..."

"H-how long have you been standing there?" she asked, looking away in embarrassment.

Kevin looked away too, unsure of what to say. Then he noticed the song had changed. It was another one of his band's songs. "Your suffering now is a sign of your hard work.
Everybody knows you tried,
Everybody knows it's alright.
You get some right,
You get some wrong.
Although tiring, there will be days to smile.
When you fall down,
When you get up.
Although tiring, there will be days to smile.
Eventually a day to smile will come," he sang along.

Leeann watched him, dumbfounded and yet entranced by his singing. "What-"

"Leeann," Kevin started nervously, "I'll be here for you. Eventually a day to smile will come... Let me make that day today. The truth is… I've liked you for a while now. I'll take care of you; I'll make you happy; will you be my girlfriend?" Kevin rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed.

Leeann was shocked. Kevin has been crushing on her? All thoughts about her mom were gone. Leeann's heart was thumping like crazy. Kevin's face fell at Leeann's silence. "I'm sorry. I guess I'll-"

"I like you too."

"-just go- wait what?" Kevin's eyes widened and felt his heart beat rapidly.

"Please take care of me," Leeann blushed.

Kevin walked over to her and crouched down. He wiped the tears away from her eyes and smiled sweetly. "All the things I said were the truth. I'll do my best, I promise."

Leeann smiled, "Thank you."

Kevin wrapped his arms around Leeann's shoulders and pulled her in for a hug. “You know, you have an interesting way of relieving stress.”

Leeann laughed, “I’m an artist, what can I say?”

Outside, Eli was grinning like crazy. "He finally did it!" Eli said excitedly.

The boys looked at him, confused. "Who finally did what?" Soohyun asked.

Kevin opened the door and held it open for Leeann as she left the room. Kevin followed her and slipped his hand into hers. They stopped when they realized the rest of his band members were there. "Oh, hey guys," Kevin laughed nervously.

Leeann and Kevin looked at each other, then at their linked hands, and blushed furiously.

"You guys are so cute," Eli cooed.

"Congrats guys," the boys clapped and smiled.

Leeann smiled sweetly at Kevin who returned the smile.

"Thanks."

--

Author's note:

The end! I hope you liked it (: I wish someone could whisk me away like that ); Please comment!

 

Lyrics taken from colorcodedlyrics.com