Memories

Memories

 

I fell back on my couch and picked up the tv remote. Looking at the wooden picture frame next to the tv, I felt a knot rise in my throat. Jonghyun oppa... I closed my eyes and sighed.
 
After I turned the television on, I opened my eyes again and saw his face.
 
He was smiling with his lips, but not his eyes. I could see the sleepless nights, hours of long work, practice and singing, all in his eyes.
 
"Lee Jinki!
Kim Jonghyun!
Kim Kibum!
Choi Minho!
Lee Taemin!
SHINee!
Lucifer!" I heard the fans scream.
 
"Why do you insist on working so hard? It's unhealthy," I frowned.
 
 
"Someone needs to earn the money in this house," Jonghyun spat, clearly irritated.
 
He sighed then said, "I'm sorry. I want you to be happy. Plus, I can't let the fans down. I'll be fine. You know I love to sing."
 
I stared at him disbelievingly.
 
It's been two years since that conversation. It's been months since I last saw him, not including tv programs. He's been too busy to even call or text.
 
When my 16th birthday comes this summer, I can start working. Maybe Jonghyun oppa will take a break.
 
I examined Jonghyun's features: his perfect hair, his puppy eyes, and his perfect, unchapped lips that moved as he sang.
 
I pressed the power button for the tv.
 
Until summer.
 
I pushed myself up and off the couch. I need to go for a run.
 
"If you're ever upset, go for a run. It helps," Jonghyun patted my head.
 
"But why running," I whined, "I hate running."
 
"Trust me," he continued to ruffle my hair, laughing as I struggled to get him to stop.
 
I twisted my earphones into my ear and jogged out the door.
 
종현 오빠, 보고 싶어요.
I miss you, Jonghyun oppa.
 
--
 
Author's note:
 
And that's the end! I hope you liked it (: Again, I posted this on Unlockey first.