Jam

Jam

 

I jumped from my spot on the stage as someone harshly kicked open the metal door. I relaxed again when I saw Jonghyun's figure enter. He was slightly hunched over, hands jammed in his pockets, with a sour face.
 
Jonghyun looked up at his bandmate, Hongki, then flicked his head toward the stage, "Let's jam."
 
I scooted over to the amplifier and leaned against it, careful not to knock it over. Jonghyun grabbed his electric blue bass from it's case and plugged it in. Without bothering to tune, Jonghyun started strumming a few notes, followed by Hongki on the drums.
 
Suddenly, Jonghyun stopped and looked at me. His expression was full of sorrow and pain. He sighed; I understood.
 
Jonghyun looked to Hongki who took the signal. Hongki started by tapping his foot, then started a simple beat. Jonghyun nodded his head to the beat then started to strum a few, matching the beat.
 
I closed my eyes as they played their hearts out. Whenever Hongki or Jonghyun were upset, they'd come here and jam. No questions asked, just music.
 
The vibrations on my back with every strum was relaxing. I nodded my head to the beat then opened my eyes when everything suddenly stopped. I looked at Hongki and Jonghyun and followed their gaze to the door.
 
It was Lee Sooman.
 
"Let's go," he said harshly, "You can't be here."
 
I looked back at Jonghyun. He was unmoving, silent, and afraid. He carefully slipped the strap of his bass off his shoulder. Before he could put it down, Lee Sooman grabbed his wrist and dragged him out the door. Jonghyun, arm still stretched out toward us, held the neck of his bass tight. I stood up and quickly went to grab it.
 
When I did, I felt the arm holding his bass quiver.
 
"I'll see you soon," I mouthed.
 
He frowned then nodded.
 
They were out the door before I knew it. The metal door slammed to a close.
 
--
 
Author's note:

And that's it! I posted this on Unlockey forums too d; Um, I hope you guys liked it! And I just randomly chose Hongki haha, no real reason behind it d;