The Start

Speak Flowers

It was a warm day, the first day of 12th grade. Nothing so great happened to Wendy besides being set in the highest class again. Not so surprising right?

Another unsuccessful day of making friends. Wendy sighed, bringing up an earphone to plug in. 

'Well it's the last year here, I'll get through'

-

Wendy paid a visit by the florist for some new flowers to replace the dead ones at home, also taking a chance to get some fresh air.

"Hey Mrs. Baek!" 

Mrs. Baek, the owner of 'Speak Flowers' florist was probably the only person Wendy could talk to without feeling anxious or shy. It was the plants in store that maybe bonded them together. 

"Hey Wendy darling, how was school?" the little lady smiled a motherly smile.

"It was okay, nothing crazy happened like usual." 
"Oh and I'll just get the baby's breath today!' 

"Darl, why don't you try talking to that boy you said that waved at you on the very first day of school? The one back in 10th grade was it? I'm sure he's a lovely boy."

"Yeah lovely," Wendy shivered remembering the horrid scene of the first day at school in Seoul 2 years ago.

"Well Wen, it's your last year so enjoy it as much as you can hm? Now, hurry off! I'm sure your mum's waiting for you at home." Mrs. Baek gave Wendy's bottom a light pat like any ahjumma would do and shoved her outside the store so she would hurry home.

Wendy just chuckled and thanked her for the flowers before leaving. 

-

"Mum, I'm back from school!" no sign of Mrs. Oh anywhere.

"Heh, she's probably outside getting that massage she was talking about a few days ago." Wendy shrugged it off and walked over to the kitchen's benchtop where the dead flowers were. She chucked out those old ones and replaced them with the fresh baby's breath before heading upstairs to her room.

-

"So, I don't have homework and there's nothing to do." Wendy sat there blank for a solid 5 minutes in her chair, trying to think of what to do on a boring Monday afternoon.

"Dramas, that should do the trick." 

"Goddamn, there's nothing interesting." 

Just about when Wendy was about to leave the page, an ad popped up. 

[Are you feeling lonely? Sick of seeing cheesy couples around you? Or simply want to find a couple of mates to hang? Make-Friends is the perfect site for you!]

'How typical.' 

'Well it won't hurt to try right? Besides I am making a bit of effort into finding friends.' 

Within a minute or two, Wendy was already on the sign up page about to hit the Sign Up button.

First Name: Wendy
Last Name: Oh
* NOTE: Name will not be displayed.
Birthdate: 30/12/1998
Username: pansiess
Gender: Female
Email: wendyoh98 @gmail.com
Password: *********
Sign Up

Wendy set her default icon to pansies and went to browse the list of people online. One especially captured her attention while scrolling. 

"Camelias."

The user that Wendy stopped at had camelias as their icon. Of course, flowers. A plant lover would of course want to talk to another plant lover.

Before Wendy could click on this 'camelias icon' person to chat, the user him or herself has already intiated the first message. 

[Hey there Miss Pansies!]

Wendy froze.

"Camelias person started the chat oh MY GOD," 

"WHAT DO I EVEN SAY," Wendy was excited.

She took a closer look at the user's profile and to her surprise, the user was a male. "Boys who likes flowers, that's nice,"

 


  ❁    ❁

so here is the first chapter, hope it's not too boring. well it is the first chapter anyway. anyhow, please enjoy! p.s i'll be featuring my -ty doodles in every chapter HAHAHA.