All of Me

All of Me

Cold

 

If there’s one thing that people are most afraid of me is my cold, piercing glare. It never fails to send shivers to the receiving end of my cold eyes. Because it will only meant one thing… and that is I will hurt you and wouldn’t care as to what extent.

 

As much as I wasn’t proud… she had been the receiving end of those cold eyes for too many. Back when I was still a self-destructing bastard.

 

I’ve hurt her several times. I saw her cry because of me. I’ve been the coldest when I callously offered her to my father. Totally disrespecting her sweet innocent self.

 

Then it hit me.

 

The coldness.

 

The cold, cold water.

 

I shivered and not only because of the water dripping from my head. But because of her cold distant eyes.

 

Suddenly… I am the one who’s scared.

 

Coward

 

I am good at hiding.

 

Since I was a child, I’m already good at hiding. I hide on the dark, lying on the cold floor under the table. I closed my eyes and block my ears so that I won’t hear anymore the hurtful words that my parents are throwing at each other.

 

I ran away with problems. I conceal my real feelings.

 

I became a coward that had caused my chance at love.

 

I am a coward that’s why I pretend that I am something that I am not.

 

And then she came… the one person that I am afraid the most.

 

She stirred emotions in me that I don’t want to feel. She forced me to see the things that I don’t want to see. She showed me the meaning of regret.

 

She bravely stood up beside me as I slumped on my knees. She watched me how I finally took of my mask and find the courage to face the painful, painful truth. She silently stood still as I cried so hard, like a child.

 

Child

 

“The Yi Jeong that I like... he's afraid of love. He's afraid of people leaving, just like a child.”

 

Her words always get under his kin. She is the type that he hates the most.

 

He tried so hard. Tried really hard to push her away. To send her running away from him.

 

But as her footsteps are finally gone as he was left at the stairs of Namsan… he doesn’t felt like crying.  Because she’s also the one who said that…

 

“Children... in front of what they really want, they don't hesitate because, if they lose it, they know they'll start crying.”

 

And he won’t hesitate, not anymore.


For he is a man in love.

 

Romantic

 

Once upon a time… when he was still the playboy… he will just snap his fingers and women will come down on his knees to proclaim their adoration of him. He doesn’t need to lift a finger just to have a woman.


But she isn’t just any other woman. She is HIS woman.

 

He remembered them all… how he slave himself just to finish the piece he wanted to present to the world that was inspired by her. How he nearly cut off Jun Pyo’s head when he messed up his surprise when Jun Pyo just casually “accidentally” told Ga Eul about it. 

 

How, every dates they have… be it an ordinary one like watching movies or a special one like anniversaries… are filled with his effort for it be perfect.

 

How he wanted everything to be perfect.

 

Imperfect

 

He isn’t perfect. He can sometimes be the snob that irritates her to no end. He can be so stubborn that caused their fights at times. He can sometimes be a diva… refusing to do “commoners” stuff that earned several eye rolls from her.

 

He can be insecure… he can be so jealous of the guys surrounding her. He can be close-minded. He can be distant when he is preoccupied.

 

He has several flaws.  She also has.

 

But they made it through…

 

For despite the imperfections that they both have… despite their imperfect relationship… they made it through.

 

For this is the kind of imperfection that they are willing to live through for the rest of their lives.

 

Forever