The Struggle Is Real

Tall, Dark and Evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOUL,SOUTH KOREA

"Noona,we have no rice anymore" fifteen year old Sehun said sadly 

From staring blankly at the rotten wood of the leaky roof of the studio type apartment,twenty five year old Choi Sulli could only sighed defeatedly while grabbing her purse from her pocket,hoping she could find enough money to buy even half a kilo of rice but to her dismay she only found a penny inside.

"I dont have any money left" she said,sighing defeatedly for the second time.

"Well there's still leftover breads,that will be enough for us"Sehun suggested.

Sulli just nodded at him before walking to the comfort room and locking herself inside.The moment she sat on the toilet,hot tears started cascading down her cheeks.Life has been so cruel and hard for her these past months.The milk factory she had been working for two years was forced to shut down after the owner file for bankcrupcy and could no longer run the business.She was one of those unfortunate employees that found themselves jobless the next day.She tried looking for jobs through ads and referrals but sad to say she did not meet the standards the employers/companies were looking for.And now five months of being jobless and penniless,Sulli finally hit rock bottom,from being the optimistic girl she used to be,she pitied herself now,for being born poor and for having a life of struggles and hardships.

A knock on the door and a call from Sehun made her wiped her tears. 

"Noona,Mrs Kim is looking for you"

"Oh no.Why now?" she closed her eyes for a few seconds while praying that their landlady will have atleast a heart even for a day to let them live in the apartment for another week.

"Noona" Sehun called again

"Coming" she told him while fixing herself.

A few minutes later,Sulli found herself infront of Mrs Kim,begging to give her a week to find money for the rent.

"I promise to pay the rent next week"she said with her fingers entwined together."Please have mercy on us Mrs Kim"

Landlady Mrs Kim stared at her for a minute then took a deep breath,deciding to give them another week to come up with the money she was asking for the rent. "Sunday.I am giving you till sunday dear"she warned seriously before walking out.

"Thank you"she whispered gratefully while shutting the door gently.

Slamming her back against the door,she looked at her brother. 

"What now?" Sehun asked. "How are we going to pay the rent?"

"I'll try asking Soojung,maybe she can lend some money"

Sehun shook his head "Soojung noona cant help you,she's also jobless right now"he told her "I think it would be best if we just go back home"he suggested,the look on his face has lost all hopes

"No" she replied,quickly turning down Sehun's suggestion. "You know how our lives in Daegu,it was twice as hard and difficult than here in Seoul" sadness crossed her eyes upon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter