Two: The Conflict

That Crazy Cat Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungri was lying on the beach in a baby blue bikini, sunglasses on, chilled bottle of beer in hand. As she was taking another long swig of the bittersweet beverage, a pair of flawless, seeming endless legs came into view, and she almost choked on her drink.

 

“Hey, is this spot beside you taken?” The figure soon crouched down next to her, revealing a gorgeous, raven-haired girl wearing a blinding smile on her cherry pink lips.

 

Swallowing her beer hard, Kyungri stuttered, “O-of course not.”

 

“May I?”

 

Kyungri nodded her head almost instantly, “Sure.”

 

As the girl made herself comfortable, Kyungri continued to check her out, secretly wondering how a plain white tee and denim shorts could make a person look so stunning.

 

“Beautiful day, isn’t it?” The girl’s voice sailed her back to reality once more.

 

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure is,” Kyungri bit her bottom lip nervously and did her best to look away.

 

“Perfect weather for making out, don’t you think?”

 

Kyungri’s head snapped back towards the girl, who was now eyeing her seductively. “I’m sorry, what?”

 

“I like you, too, Kyungri-ssi…” The girl edged closer towards her and removed her sunglasses, carefully setting them onto the beach mat.

 

The continuous eye contact made Kyungri’s cheeks burn like crazy, and she simply could not get another word out no matter how hard she tried. Their faces were barely inches apart and she could almost feel the girl’s lips on hers already. Closing her eyes, she leaned forward and…

 

BAM! BAM! BAM!

 

“What in god’s name?!” Kyungri jumped up in bed at the sudden noise, brushing tousled hair out of her face, eyes still laden with sleep.

 

BAM! BAM! BAM!

 

“Yah, Park Minha! Is that you?!”

 

BAM! BAM! BAM!

 

“You are so dead, you hear me?!” Completely pissed off that her delightful dream had been interrupted, Kyungri leapt off her bed and stormed out of her room, determined to give that dreaded roommate of hers a piece of her mind.

 

When she reached the living room, she was confused when she saw that Minha had just gotten there, too. The girl was still in her pajamas, rubbing her drowsy eyes and yawning, “What are you doing making so much noise, unnie? It’s six in the morning…”

 

BAM! BAM! BAM!

 

“If it isn’t you and it isn’t me…” Kyungri’s frown deepened into a scowl at her realization and she smacked her palms together in frustration, “Damn it!”

 

She was about to march towards the front door but Minha grabbed her arm, “Unnie, where are you going?”

 

“To teach whoever it is that’s messing with our beauty rest a lesson!”

 

Minha tightened her grip on her hot-headed friend’s arm, “I don’t think that’s a good idea… let’s just forget about it, okay? I’ll make you breakfast!”

 

“Who in the right mind eats breakfast at freaking six in the morning?!”

 

“Um… early risers?” Minha responded n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter