[G] Morning Rush

Running Cafe

Character(s) : 7012, of course.

Note : It was supposed to be a short Kwang Mong fic, but, why not? XP


          Jae Suk is always the first one to be up in the morning. It was only 0500 but Jae Suk was already wide awake. It may be a little too early for common people, but he remembered that he had an early duty at school that day. He wore his glasses, quickly got off his bed and went straight to Impala’s room.

         Knowing that Suk Jin rarely lock his door, he easily went in and approached his sleeping friend on the orange bed. He tried shaking him numerous times but to no avail. Until he decided to do something he didn’t want to do. He mumbled a few times, hoping that his senior won’t have a heart attack soon.

        “Sukkie hyung, wake up!!!” he shouted near the ear with all his might.

         “Wha… What?” Suk Jin woke up in surprise, gasping for air. “Ya, Sukkie ah. What’s with the rough wake up call?” he asked as he rubbed his eyes.

         “Hyung, we have a duty this morning at school. Have you forgotten about it?” Jae Suk reminded him. “So, go and get ready quick. We’re taking the first bus to school.” He gave the eldest one last shake before leaving the room. Suk Jin sat up and groaned before getting off his bed and went straight to his bathroom.

         Jae Suk was about to enter his room when he remembered another person who has the same task as them. He was thinking about ignoring him, but he might be in trouble if he doesn’t wake him up. With a heavy heart, he climbed the stairs one floor up and walked towards his housemate’s room who’s in the same year as his; Hulangi’s.

          “I wonder why everyone has animal named room while I got an insect.” He wondered as he slowly knocked on the wooden door. He knocked several times before finally hearing footsteps. The door swung open, revealing a worn out Jong Kook at the other side. “You… just woke up?”

          “Yeah… What’s wrong?” Jong Kook asked in a drowsy tone.

         “Have you forgotten? Ms Lee assigned us something to be done early in the morning. We’re taking the first bus to school which is at six forty-five, but we have to leave by six thirty. Go and get ready!” Jae Suk reminded before leaving back to his room.

         “But it’s still early in the morning…” Jong Kook mumbled as he closed the door. He yawned before finally recalling his schedule. He looked back at his clock before rushing to get ready.

          After washing and drying himself, Jae Suk quickly wore his school uniform. The buttons slowed him down; shirt and pants. Even the necktie irritated him. He then checked his school bag to make sure all of his school items were in place. After making sure they are, he took his school coat and bag and dashed out of his room. Before he descended the stairs, he stopped by at the eldest room first, making sure he’s ready.

         Suk Jin was busy combing his hair using his left hand while trying to get his tie right using his right hand. Jae Suk couldn’t help but find it a bit funny. “Hyung, hurry up!” He rushed, hiding his laugh.

       “Hold on. I’m not a master in multi-tasking.” Suk Jin replied as he put his comb down. After fixing his tie right, he snatched his coat and bag on his bed and walked out of his room with Jae Suk a few steps ahead of him. They descended the stairs and were surprised to smell something once they reached the ground floor. They decided to follow the smell, which came from the kitchen.

          Jong Kook was at the kitchen, busy flipping up pancakes. He just finished his last batch as the broadcast duo entered the kitchen. He greeted them nicely, only to be harassed by Jae Suk.

        “Ya, why are you cooking? We’re going to be late.” Jae Suk said as he approached the cooking counter.

        “What’s wrong with that? I never skipped breakfast. Besides, I made extras for you two.” Jong Kook explained as he put the plate on the counter.

        Before they could start another fight, Suk Jin suddenly stood between them and placed an empty container next to the plate of pancakes. “Okay, the bus will arrive in the next thirty minutes, so there’s no time to bicker. Kookie ah, fill the container with your pancakes. We’ll eat them in the bus soon. Sukkie ah, find a really, really small container and fill it with some maple syrup enough for all three of us. Don’t forget some forks and spoons.” Suk Jin instructed as he walked closer to the cooking stove. “I’ll clean up the cooking utensils.” He said as he lifted the pan and put it in the sink. Turning the tap to let the water flow, he rolled up his sleeves and started scrubbing the pan right away, even though it’s still hot and he nearly burned his hand.

         “Careful hyung. It’s still hot.” Jong Kook pointed out as he carefully moved the pancakes into the container using a spatula and his hand. While he’s doing that, Jae Suk searched for the syrup and container. After succeeding finding what he was looking for, he opened the lid and squeezed the bottle, filling up the container. After completing that, he searched for some plastic forks in the drawer.

          “Okay, I finished cleaning the utensils. How about you two?” Suk Jin asked as he put the pan, spatula and plate away. He rubbed his almost burned hand and walked towards them. He can see that Jong Kook just closed the lid and Jae Suk putting the syrup and plastic forks into a plastic bag. Jae Suk then snatched the container and put it in the bag.

           “I guess we’re done. With, fifteen minutes to spare.” Jong Kook said as he checked his watch. “We better get going now. My school shoes are troublesome. Not to mention that we had to get to the bus stop before the bus arrive.”

          Without saying another word, the trio took their coats and bags, and Jae Suk carrying their breakfast, they all rushed the main door, fighting with their shoelaces and hoping they don’t miss the first bus.

         The noises downstairs caused Haha awake. “What’s with all that noises?” he mumbled, still sleepy. “It’s only, six thirty…” he mumbled, getting back to sleep. “Wait, six thirty?!” he suddenly sat up, fully awake. He grabbed his alarm clock to take a closer look on the time. “There goes my goal on taking the first bus to school.” He groaned as he got off his bed. He then exited his room, hoping that Jong Kook was still in his room.

          “Jong Kook hyung?” Haha called as he pushed the door to Hulangi’s room. He was surprised to see it empty, guessing that Jong Kook already left. “Oh great, don’t tell me Jong Kook hyung left without me.” He muttered as he raced to Gary’s room. In there, Gary was still sleeping soundly.

         “Gary ah. Wake up! Wake up!” he shook the sleepy boy after remembering something vital.

         “What is it Dong Hoon ah? It’s still too early…” Gary mumbled, turning himself away from Haha.

         “I know it’s still early, but may I ask. Have you finished the assignment that needs to be send by today?”

          Upon hearing the word ‘assignment’, Gary was suddenly awake. He then sat up and faced Haha with a worried look on his face. “The one that Mr Oh gave us?” he asked.

         “Yes, the one that Mr Oh gave last week!” Haha confirmed. He could tell that Gary’s in the same situation as him. “Okay, don’t panic. Just, go get ready now. The next bus is in the next 45 minutes. If we arrive to school early, we might be able to complete our task before class starts.” He reminded before leaving the room to get ready.

        Once Haha left the room, Gary got off his bed and arranged the pillows, cover and blanket neatly. After that, he made sure his stationery and assignment were still in his backpack. After double checking it, he put his school uniform on his bed and then took his towel and went straight to the bathroom.

       Haha just finished taking a bath and now struggling with his school uniform. It’s a little too big for him because originally it was Gary’s, and both of them already outgrown their old ones. Since his mother only bought new uniforms for Gary, he had no choice but wear the second hand clothes from him. After buckling his belt to make sure his trousers won’t slip, he walked out of his room with his bag on his back. He went straight to his friend’s room, hoping that he’s ready to go. “Gary ah, ready to go?” he asked as he peeked into the room through the unclosed door.

           “Almost. Just searching for my… There it is.” Gary said as he took his smartphone and inserted it into his pocket. He then grabbed his bag and walked straight to the door. “The school’s library should be open by the time we arrive to school, right?” he asked.

        “The main library? Hopefully, yes. I could really use some reference.” Haha whined as they climbed down the stairs. “Let’s buy breakfast at the store near school, shall we?” Haha suggested, to which Gary agreed. They went to their shoe locker and searched for their school shoes. He was surprised to see two school shoes other than theirs in the locker.

          “Are Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo still asleep?” Gary asked in concerned, slipping in his feet into his shoes.

         “I guess so… I‘ll text them later. You know how Ji Hyo doesn’t like someone disturbing her sleep.” Haha retorted as he tied his shoelaces. As soon as they’re done with it, they left the house and quickly walked to the bus stop since the next bus will arrived any minute.

         It’s almost 8 and Mong Ji finally woke up. She was shocked to see her clock displaying the current time. Wasting no time, she quickly rushed to the bathroom to clean herself and get dressed afterwards.

          “How come no one woke me up?" she asked herself as she smeared some talc powder on her face. Her phone beeps due to an incoming message.

Are you awake yet? How about Kwang Soo? I think he overslept again. -Shortie

          Ji Hyo slipped her phone into her pocket and went to Gilin's room. His room is two floors downstairs, so Ji Hyo skipped a few steps on the stairs to get there. As she reached his room, she slowly opened the door to take a peek. She knows that sounds insane, but she’s pretty much used to it since she’s living in a house that has more males. Just as she expected, he just woke up.

         “Unbelievable. Meet me downstairs." she commanded as she closed the door shut. She descended the stairs and headed to the kitchen. She decided to fix two sets of sandwich; one for her and one for Kwang Soo, since they’re too late for a proper breakfast. She also took two bottles of milk out of the fridge and put it into two separate paper lunch bag.

         Kwang Soo who just wore his uniform was doing one last check through his backpack. After making sure everything’s inside, he slipped it through his arms and adjusted it on his shoulder, forgetting to zip it beforehand. He immediately exited his room and ran straight to the stairs.

          A loud thud noise was suddenly heard. Worried, Ji Hyo took the bags and ran to the source.

          It turned out that Kwang Soo tripped over someone's football and fell, from the high staircase. His backpack, books, smartphone and other things were sprawled on the floor. He, also, was on the floor with his face flat on the wooden floor.

          “Ya, Kwang Soo ah! I said downstairs, not fall off the stairs!” panicked, she quickly came to his aid. She put the lunch bags aside and picked up his books.

          Noticing that his nuna was helping him out, he quickly got up and took his backpack. He quickly inserted all his things into the bag and zipped it tightly. He then tried standing with Ji Hyo helping him out.

          “Feeling better now?” She asked. Kwang Soo showed a thumb up, dusting his coat. “Okay, let’s go now before the bus leave us.” Ji Hyo reminded the youngest one about the bus schedule and their class schedule. She handed him the paper bag as they walked to the door.

         “You made me breakfast?” Kwang Soo awed once he received the lunch bag. He then took his shoes out of the locker and tried wearing it properly.

          “It’s just a simple sandwich and a bottle of your favourite flavoured milk.” Ji Hyo replied, tying her shoelaces. “Now, tie those laces properly or you might stumble down again. I’ll wait outside.” She reminded as she stood up and walked out of the door.

           After making sure his shoes were properly tied, Kwang Soo took his bags and walked out. He was relieved to see Ji Hyo waiting for him while he locked the door. Probably because they have similar class schedule and she might be in trouble if he’s late. After locking the door, they use all their might, racing to the nearest bus stop.


Author’s note : If you’re confused with the relationship, read my first fanfic on AFF which is currently on hiatus. I’ll update that as soon as possible.