Final

Hope

Hoseok grips the sink, panting.

You seem to be doing very well, Hoseok.

He trembles as he stares into the mirror.

I've been doing wonderfully, doctor.

A gaunt face, shadowed eyes, bruised lips, translucent skin.

You've been taking your prescription every day, right?

 Doubling over, he coughs into the sink, and stares as he sees flecks of red staining the inside.

Yes, of course.

Looking up again, Hoseok reaches out a shaking hand and opens the cupboard.

How have you been feeling emotionally?

He pulls out a small container, and tries two or three times to open the lid before finally succeeded.

I've been very happy lately.

He pours a few pills into his hand, and caps the bottle, replacing it.

No mood swings at all?

Hoseok closes the cupboard door and glances at his reflection one more time before throwing his head back and dry swallowing one of the pills.

Not really, no.

And as Hoseok stares into the mirror longer, he sees someone else appear behind him in the reflection.

Have you seen him recently, in your dreams, or while you're awake?

The figure wraps its arms around Hoseok, hugging him from the back and kissing his neck tenderly.

No, not at all.

The figure gives Hoseok a blinding smile.

Do you miss him?

Hoseok smiles back.

I did, but not anymore.

He lets the rest of the pills slip through his fingers, watching them as they float through the water and down the drain, away, away.

I'm very proud of you, Hoseok.

Hoseok knew the figure would never hurt him, that he'd be safe as long as he was around, just like he'd always told him.

So am I.

And the world grew blurrier and darker and Hoseok felt himself starting to fall, and as he collapsed to the floor, he barely registered the pain, because still hugging him was the figure, as the world faded to black.

And as Hoseok walked out of the office he smiled softly as he felt the figure hugging him from behind, whispering, "I'm proud of you too."

 

Remember, I'll always be here for you, Hoseok.

 

 

I'm your hope.


I know it's y, but I wanted to write something, since I haven't had any time to write at all. Please excuse how horrible this is. The next chapter of my other story Smile will be better.

...hopefully.

*insert shameless advertising of MY OTHER STORY THAT'S CALLED "SMILE" here*

TT

This doesn't excuse how bad I am at updating, but maybe it'll be good enough for now? Maybe? ._.

Heh heh.

<3 ^~^