Final

Silver Stars & Beautiful Laughs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings: (implied) character death... and mentions of ... I guess? But it's all totally innocent, really.

 

*************

 

The first time Jackson saw Mark, he was reminded of stars. Not famous stars but actual stars because he seemed to glow with a soft silver light and the boy’s laugh was a tinkling sound that made goosebumps raise on his arms. He wanted to talk to him, but he didn’t, he just kept staring at him until Mark had walked past with his friends, and around the next corner, and then Jackson could move again.

 

The first time Mark saw Jackson, he saw an obnoxiously loud boy in a library with a laugh that was probably the most beautiful sound that Mark had ever heard. He could have just kept listening to it forever, but he didn’t, because Jackson stopped laughing and left, a bright smile still on his face. Mark returned to his homework.

 

The first time Mark talked to Jackson was after the younger had punched one of the three guys that had cornered Mark for the sole reason that he was quiet and good at school. Not that Mark couldn’t have defended himself, he could have, but it was nice to have someone stand up for him, especially if that someone was a stranger with a beautiful laugh. Jackson seemed to have failed to realize that there were three guys, though, and he ended up needing Mark to help him out so he didn’t get beat up himself. It was stupid, and that’s what Mark told him while he took him to the infirmary. But it was not malicious, it was tender.

 

The first time Jackson talked to Mark, he was a stuttering, rambling mess because he’d just made a fool himself in front of the other while trying to protect him only to realize that Mark was probably a lot better at fighting than himself. The first sentence he said without miserably messing it up was “Hi, I’m Jackson” which just made the other laugh at him. He did get Mark’s name though, while the other pressed a cool pack to the swelling of his eye, making Jackson wince. It was nice, to know the name of the guy who reminded him of stars.

 

The first time Jackson kissed Mark was just a peck on the cheek, leaving both of them in an embarrassed, uncomfortable silence because it just came out of nowhere while they were sitting next to each other, studying. Jackson didn’t meet Mark’s eyes for a whole ten minutes. It was cute, and innocent, and they both ended up smiling.

 

The first time Mark kissed Jackson was full on the lips and in the spur of the moment after the younger had told him of his stars comparison. Mark loved it, it made him feel special. Jackson made him feel special, and he loved how flustered the younger got after the kiss. But it didn’t stay one kiss, it turned into many, many more, and J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter