Chapter 1

Moreugetda

#Hyungun POV

2 years ago, 12 February 2014

 

It is my birthday. I wait for Hongbin for almost 2 hours in front of my office. Why doesn’t he show up? I already called him since 1 hour ago, but he doesn’t answer. It is the 15th times I try to call him.

“Hello.” He finally answer my call.

“Hello? Hongbin-ah where are you? I already waiting for you for almost 2 hours.”

“Hyungun-ah mianhae, seems I can’t pick you up.”

“Wae? Are you busy?”

He took a long sigh before speak again.

“Uh, honestly I want to tell you something.”

I sensed something bad is coming from the way he talks.

“What is it?”

“Let’s break up...”

***

I already reach my apartment. I sit on the couch still trying to figure out what already happen. My mind goes blank since his last word. I don’t even know how I even get to my apartment safely. I try to look at the clock. It’s already 11.55 p.m and my birthday will over in the next 5 minutes. I get up and go to the refrigerator. I open the refrigerator and look at the cake that I made early this morning, for me and Hongbin to celebrating my birthday after our work finished. I took a deep breath before taking it out and place it near the sink. I cut the cake and eat a whole one piece and choke. My tears drop. I am crying like a child with a mouth full of cake and cream. I fall and sit on the floor, lean on the kitchen sink thinking on how him already breaking up on me.

*phone ringing on the couch*

I hear my phone ringing but I can’t stand up. I still crying for the next 30 minutes.

After already crying for almost one hour, I try to get up.

“How can he breaking up on me on my birthday? Is he even a human? Am I do something wrong? Doesn’t he even think about me, my feelings?” My mind is full of question of his act.

I look at the remaining cake. I just eat a slice. Still remain a lot.

“ing bastard.”

I open the trash can and throw away the cake.

 I decide to sleep.

***

#Hongbin POV

“Let’s break up...”

I hear nothing. She doesn’t answer.

“Hyungun-ah...” I try to call her name.

Tut...tut…tut…

She hung up.

“She hung up, hyung”

“Must be. She looked shocked, since you already say it.” Leo said with a flat voice.

We are looking at Hyungun from inside the car. She still stand with her phone in her hand. She looks straight blankly, don’t know what is her looking at. After 10 minutes stand like that, she walks.

“Hyung, I am afraid something happen on the way she goes back to her apartment.”

“Are you worry about her?”

“Of course, hyung.”

“You love her that much?”

Shocked as he ask me frankly, I look down.

Leo looks away and eats his potato chips.

“Go. I give you the last chance, just to assure she gets home safely.”

“thanks hyung.” I smiled.

I am going out of the car and run, until 10 meters away from her I slowed my pace. She walks with her head down. She still holds her phone. Ah, my heart hurts seeing her like that. January’s air is really cold, she must be feeling cold. She stops. I stops, anxiously hiding behind the wall. She looks up, looking at the sky then continue to walk again. What is on her mind? I am worrying about her. Out of all day I break up on her on her birthday. Ironic rigth? Does she feel I am an ? Of course, even myself think that I am an . Finally she arrives at the front of her apartment building, I hide behind the tree. Seeing her backs vanished.

“Mianhada hyungun-ah.” I said under my breath.

I look down for a bit, and take steps to the big road.

I see Leo hyung in front of the car.

“Get on, let’s go back to the agency.”

***