01.

Music and Lyrics

Kim Wonsik. People knew him better as the renowned composer and songwriter, Ravi. One of the so many artists that possessed talents in music making. In all honesty, Wonsik was still in need of improvement despite most of his works were always ranked first on different music charts, be it dosmetic or international. He was always thankful for it and had kept himself level-minded; one reason why people look forward to the song he will produce next.

But nowadays, Wonsik hasn’t produced any songs. His agent had requested for a short vacation for Wonsik since he had been working nonstop. One song after another. He was constant in creating new songs for artists and it was becoming unhealthy for him; well on Hongbin, his friend and agent’s view. That was why Hongbin had asked the company’s CEO if Wonsik could take at least a week or month vacation. He believed that if Wonsik continued working, he’ll worn out and lose inspiration in creating hit songs. Wonsik was against it; given that he’s a workaholic person. But Hongbin had a point and the CEO was persuaded by his words.

 

“You. Forget work and enjoy your vacation. I’ll call you when you can get back, just enjoy.” Hongbin reminded him on the first day of his vacation. Wonsik complained about not doing anything but Hongbin just laughed at his friend, “Exactly. Do nothing.”

 

What do you expect me to do? Wonsik sighed. It was already a week since then and he was totally bored. The first half of the week, he only stayed in his place playing video games, watching TV, working out and eating. But by the latter part of the week, Wonsik found himself extremely bored. UGH! I WANT TO WRITE! And so he pulled out his notebook, his lyrics notebook, and flipped it open to where he left last time. He grabbed a pencil from his desk and stared at the blank page.

 

Damn. What should I write? Wonsik cursed himself. This vacation gave me the writer’s block. How ironic. And here it was supposed to help me clear my mind…thanks Hongbin. He closed his notebook and threw his pencil back on the desk. I better get out for some fresh air.

Wonsik freshened up and put on a casual attire for him. A grey printed hoodie topped with a vintage army green polyester bomber jacket, black ripped skinny jeans, and a Core Ox Red Chuck Taylor shoes. There that should do it. He grabbed his keys, phone and wallet and walked out and went to the one place he knew where he would definitely get some inspiration. Hongdae. The way to Hongdae wasn’t problematic since he had a car; the only problem was not to be recognized by the people. He was in no mood to be mobbed by people right now and so the only solution he could he think of was to wear a mask. Before he got off his car, Wonsik made sure that his black mask was put in place. He got off his car and strolled the loud and fun streets of Hongdae in a cold afternoon.


Nari carefully prepared her guitar and mic at her usual spot in the busiest part of Hongdae. She was a regular here and those who come often to Hongdae know her. She has quite a reputation; the petite cutesy looking girl who sings pretty but is actually a ‘thug’. Nari loved the way she was described. It fits her perfectly.

People busily passed by her as she quietly sets up her instrument and mic. Some, the usual listeners, greeted her and waited for her. By the time she was done, she sat on her foldable stool and started strumming. “Good day everyone, it’s me again Nari. Hope you enjoy this original piece of mine. I call it ‘Talkin Bout Love’.” Track 01.

 

It’s such a strange thing, how did you come to me?

My shrunken heart dreams of a new love once again

It’s such a funny thing, how can my heart rush like this?

I don’t know why but old love songs linger around me without knowing

 

With your warm touch

A whole different world has come to me

Yes you’re my love, love, love

I think I’m in love

 

How I give you love just for you

Talkin’ bout love, love, love

I carefully look at you

I smile and walk on this street

 

Can’t you feel my love, it’s for you

Talkin’ bout love love

Without anyone knowing, my heart trembles

Finally, love has come to me too

 

It’s such an amazing thing, it’s the moment I’ve been waiting for

With my remaining courage, I’ll go to you step by step

 

With your warm touch

A whole different world has come to me

Yes you’re my love, love, love

I think I’m in love

 

How I give you love, just for you

Talkin’ bout love love love

I carefully look at you

I smile and walk on this street

 

Can’t you feel my love, it’s for you

Talkin’ bout love love

Without anyone knowing, my heart trembles

Finally, love has come to me too

Finally, love has come to me too


 

As expected, Hongdae has such a lively atmosphere, Wonsik grinned underneath his mask. The soulful beats on every corner of the street, vibrant colors painted on various walls and buildings, people dancing freestyle, and the aromatic and delicious food everywhere. Such a great place, he thought. Even with the lively and inspirational surrounding, Wonsik was still loss for inspiration plus his feet were hurting. He had been walking for two hours. Wonsik took a close look at where he was, he was in the quieter parts of Hongdae. He then decided to enter in one of the bar, maybe he would catch some live band and there he could gather inspiration.

Wonsik chose the one nearest him. LeShinSet, what an odd name for a place. The exterior of the establishment had a modern feel to it, the neutral colors of black and white; but once Wonsik entered, he was welcomed with a more cool and rustic interior. Wooden handmade furniture, a long industrial bar on its right side and a stage platform on the front decorated with hanging bubble lights. The bar wasn’t full nor empty, just the way Wonsik had wanted. He took a seat on one of the tables on the far end of the bar but near the stage where someone was playing guitar.

 

“Hi, I guess you’re new to this place.” Wonsik glanced up and saw a man with piercing eyes looking at him. Whoa. That was his voice? Such a soft voice for a guy who looked tough. Wonsik nodded. The guy smiled and introduced himself as Jung Taekwoon, the owner of the bar. Wonsik bowed courteously and shook hands.

 

“You have a nice place here,” Wonsik complimented, gesturing the bar with his forefinger. Taekwoon thanked the masked composer and asked what he would like to order. Wonsik then took off his mask and asked for Taekwoon to just give him the bestseller food in his place.

 

“Sure thing.” Taekwoon said leaving Wonsik all by himself in the company of music; once the masked composer completely took off the mask, Taekwoon recognized him. He didn’t make a big deal out of it since he wasn’t into celebrities and all but it was nice to have someone popular come into his bar.

 

Wonsik crossed his legs and comfortably let himself be inside the bar. It had a cozy feel to it and it was nice that no one was disturbing his ‘vacation’. He focused on the live. On the stage was a band playing and in the middle was a tall and distinct guy sitting in front of a mic, probably the same age as Wonsik, singing a famous western song, Lost Stars. His voice was rich and it clearly fit the song. Wonsik closed his eyes and listened intently on the singer. Track 02.

 

Please don’t see just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies

Please see me reaching out for someone I can’t see

Take my hand let’s see where we wake up tomorrow

Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand

I’d be damned Cupid’s demanding back his arrow

So let’s get drunk on our tears and

 

God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young

It’s hunting season and the lambs are on the run

Searching for meaning

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark? 

 

Wonsik pulled out his phone and opened its notes app; he typed down ideas that his mind produced. He listened, jutting down lyrics that deemed fit with his idea. 

Who are we? Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?

Woe is me, if we’re not careful turns into reality

Don’t you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow

Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer

Turn the page maybe we’ll find a brand new ending

Where we’re dancing in our tears and

 

God, tells us the reason youth is wasted on the young

It’s hunting season and the lambs are on the run

Searching for meaning

But are well lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

 

I thought I saw you out there crying

I thought I heard you call my name

I thought I heard you out there crying

Just the same

Wonsik pressed the backspace. No, not good. Not good. The owner, Taekwoon, arrived with his drink and meal; a mug of beer accompanied with a freshly cooked steak. Wonsik thanked him. He didn’t touch his food yet since he was quite preoccupied with the male singer’s voice who was helping him in writing somehow. Come on brain, work. He took hold of his beer and sipped. 

 

God, give us the reason you is wasted on the young

It’s hunting season and this lamb is on the run

Searching for meaning

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

 

I thought I saw you out there crying

I thought I heard you call my name

I thought I heard you out there crying

 

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?

 

Wonsik sighed. I give up. He couldn’t do it. His idea was again lost. He took the fork and started eating his steak. At least the food here is good.


Nari just finished doing her gig and was on her way to LeShinSet where her best friend was currently at. She felt her phone ringing on her pocket, Impatient, are we? Nari pulled her phone out of her pocket and answered the call without looking. “Hello,” she answered.

 

“Hey! Where are you?” her friend’s cutesy yet deep voice greeted Nari. She giggled. He really is an impatient person.

 

“Hongdae.”

 

“Hongdae is pretty big, Nari.” He sighed. “Tell me that you’re at least near the place. Please. Nari!”

 

Nari stopped in front of the bar and peeked through the glass window. She scanned the place and instantly saw him sitting by the long bar table. She grinned, “Look outside.”

 

She watched her friend turn and look around. Their eyes met and smiles both crept up on their faces. Nari hurriedly entered and went straight to where he was. He rose from his seat and met her halfway. He wrapped his arms around her and lifted Nari effortlessly despite having her guitar and foldable chair on her back. She laughed and kissed him on the cheek. “I get it, you missed me! Come on, let me go now Jaehwan.”

 

Jaehwan reluctantly let Nari go but after a few more hits he kept on receiving from her, he finally did. “I didn’t get to see you. Let me hug you longer.” he cooed. Jaehwan took the guitar and chair for her and the two walked to the bar where Taekwoon was.

 

“You just saw her this morning, Jaehwan.” Taekwoon pulled out a clean towel and wiped clean the bar for them. Nari smiled, taking the free seat next to Jaehwan’s, and teased that Taekwoon was just jealous of their friendship. Taekwoon scoffed, “As if. I take it you’ll have your usual?”

 

Nari nodded. Jaehwan had asked for Taekwoon to put Nari’s guitar and chair underneath the bar table. The owner took her things without saying anything at all and placed it under. Nari then took out a scrunchie and tied her hair into a messed up ponytail receiving a, “cute” from Jaehwan. “So did you perform yet?”

 

“I did actually. Too bad you missed it.” Jaehwan pouted. “Are you going to perform tonight?”

 

Nari shook her head, explaining that she just finished a gig and needed to let her voice rest for a while. She then mentioned to Jaehwan that she was currently working on a new song. The two were musicians, both having their own fields; this was one of the things they have in common.

Jaehwan and Nari have been friends since they could remember. Both from musically-inclined families, they were raised in a lively and supportive environment. The two studied at the same arts school from elementary to college. Now they were in their 20s, living their lives the way they wanted. Jaehwan was a vocal trainer by day and a singer at night; Nari was a freelance songwriter and singer day and night.

 

“The song’s not done yet but I’m working on it.” Nari handed her notebook to Jaehwan. He opened it and took a look at her current work. He read it and grinned; he always likes Nari’s songs. They always portray what she feels. “So, how is it?”

 

“As always, your lyrics are perfect.” Jaehwan finished reading the lyrics and closed the notebook, handing it back to its rightful owner. “So are you going to play it with a piano or acoustic or with a band?”

 

Nari shrugged. “I don’t know yet. Will you help me?”

 

“Of course, anything for you.”


Still nothing. Wonsik already finished his steak and beer. The guy who previously sang had already retired from performing for the night and was now drinking beer with a girl and was replaced with a jazz band. He had been typing and backspacing for the past hour which resulted from nothing until now. Just then, an all too familiar name and picture appeared on his phone’s screen. Lee Hongbin. He swiped the answer call and held it up against his ear.

 

“What’s up?” Wonsik answered.

 

"Where are you?"

 

“…I’m at my parents’ house.” Wonsik lied. Once Hongbin knew where he exactly was, he would hear nothing but scolding from Hongbin. Unfortunately, Hongbin knew him too well. Hongbin asked him again, this time with a more stern voice. “Wonsik. That doesn’t really work on me. The music on the background is really loud. I know your parents don’t listen to that kind of music.”

 

Wonsik chuckled; it never ceased to amuse him that Hongbin knows him well enough. It’s like you’re my mom sometimes, it’s funny. “Fine. You caught me. I’m at Hongdae.”

 

“Hongdae?! How the hell did you end up there?” Hongbin was exaggerated, Wonsik thought. He then admitted the reason why he was in Hongdae. Hongbin sighed. To Wonsik’s shock, his friend didn’t scold him badly or anything. This is new. “Hey. You better come back to your place before anyone recognizes you in there. I mean it, Wonsik. You’ll be in the news tomorrow, if that ever happens.”

 

“Okay, okay.” Wonsik later apologized. He then walked to the bar where the owner was. Taekwoon noticed and attended to him. Wonsik grabbed his wallet from his pocket and handed Taekwoon a credit card. “Thanks for the food, it was really delicious. I never had steak like that before.”

 

“Thanks, glad you liked it.” Taekwoon swiped the card on the machine and handed it back to Wonsik who wore his mask back. “Come back if you have the time,”

 

Wonsik smiled but then remembered he was wearing mask. He laughed to himself, “I’d love to come back. The music here is also nice.”


LeShinSet was closing for the night and yet two regulars remained: Jaehwan and Nari. Taekwoon was busy cleaning in the kitchen while Jaehwan and Nari were helping put the chairs upside down on top of the tables. By the time they finished doing so, they went up on the platform and played a few verse on the digital piano. Jaehwan teased, standing next to Nari who was playing a few keys. “You’re not going High School Musical on me, are you?”

 

Nari hit him on the forearm. “Funny.”

 

Taekwoon had finished cleaning back in the kitchen and went outside where the two were. He approached the two and asked them a favor. The two smiled at each other, accepting whatever the owner of LeShinSet had in mind.

The very next day, Wonsik found himself back in Hongdae; yesterday was quite entertaining for the composer even though he wasn’t able to write lyrics nor produce music. It was a shame actually, he was close to writing one but quickly lost his momentum. Damn this vacation is taking away all my creative juices. That was why Wonsik, not telling Hongbin of his rendezvous, fled back to Hongdae.

It was already late in the afternoon; normally people would be going home or hanging out at karaoke bars, drinking with friends and co-workers but things were different in Hongdae. Musicians were out preparing; painters and artists sprawled outside already making artworks. While strolling, he decided to have a seat on one of the benches near a group of artists and a few musicians. Amidst the increasing crowd in front of Wonsik, one particular musician caught Wonsik’s eyes.  

Most of the artists, young ones, were gathered around her. A petite-looking young lady. She had her long, semi wavy, light ash brown hair down to her chest; she was wearing a light gray oversized hand knitted cotton sweater that hung low until her thighs, black leggings and velvet black ankle length platform boots. She carried a guitar case and a foldable chair; must be a street performer, Wonsik thought.

 

“Hey! How are you guys doing?!” A loud voice came from her. Wonsik’s eyes widened. How on earth can that pretty girl be so noisy in a beautiful environment like this?

 

“Noona! You’re pretty early today,” one of the young male painters joked, got up and embraced the young lady.

 

She petted the boy’s hair gently once they let go of each other and giggled, “Oh, you see I have to be somewhere later but I don’t want to miss today so I came in early. So what are you guys painting today?”

 

The boy answered that they were painting for their specific someone and that he was currently lost on what to paint. He then asked if the loud yet pretty young lady to sing for him. She laughed and said that it was so late in the afternoon and that some may find it annoying if she did. She’s right. With that kind of voice, I feel like she’s more of a rapper than a singer, Wonsik commented.

 

Wonsik was fond of street performers. He found them great since raw talent were always evident and they showcase their talents for free and basically because they want to perform in front of an audience. The events that were unfolding before him surely had caught his attention. Can this girl really sing? Why am I even being so judgmental right now? More importantly, why am I eavesdropping?

 

“Come on noona, just one song! Play my favorite, the one you wrote!” the boy pleaded. “What was the name? Oh. ‘Do You Know?’, please!” Finally, she gave up. She put her guitar case gently down on the ground and took out her guitar.

 

“Just one okay? Then that’s it!” Wonsik watched her sat on the ground next to the young painters, checked the tune of her acoustic electric guitar and once ready, she started playing. The next thing Wonsik heard was a soft and alluring voice. Track 03.

 

Do you know how long my heart has waited for this day?

Just like in the movies, this love story is like a destiny

Straight away, let’s do this

 

Another thought, another expression

Things have changed since I met you, even my pace

 

When I stand before you, please take care of me

I smile a warm smile

When you hold my hand for the first time

 

That’s how much I like you

Your wide smile, your face, I like it

Approaching you step by step, I want to kiss you gently

 

I like to think if I’m being with you like this

Little by little, day by day

I’ll make beautiful memories, prepared only for you

From my heart

Wonsik had ideas instantly rushing through his mind. That soothing voice. It sounds so calming and refreshing. He was completely enticed by her.

Another thought, another expression

Things have changed since I met you, even my pace

 

When I stand before you, joke with me

I smile a warm smile

When you hold my hand for the first time

 

That’s how much I like you

Your wide smile, your face, I like it

Approaching you step by step, I want to kiss you gently

 

I like to think if I’m being with you like this

Little by little, day by day

I’ll make beautiful memories, prepared only for you

From my love

She finished the song by ending it with a slow strumming and giggled at the boy, “There you go.” The observers and listeners clapped, Wonsik being one of them. She thanked and bowed humbly. Wonsik laughed at how judgmental he was; You never learn do you Wonsik? Don’t judge a book by its cover.

Wonsik then decided there and then that he would approach this person and know her more. For some odd reason, listening to her sing to her self-produced songs cleared his mind. He rose from his seat and strode to where she was. Unfortunately for Wonsik, the young lady had received a call and left running.

 

“Wait—“ Wonsik covered his mouth, preventing himself from saying another word. He realized that once he caught the attention of the crowd, he would never be able to come back to Hongdae without being mobbed. Damn it. He sighed, frustrated with himself. He had her within reach; the muse for his songs. The one who would give inspirations to him. So much for looking for inspiration, Kim Wonsik. But then stupidity hit him hard. I could have just followed her to where she’s going. It’s not like I’m stalking her?!

Wonsik scanned the area and saw her walking into an alley. Wonsik stealthily followed. She looks giddy alright. She must be meeting someone, should I go in and introduce to her? But then Wonsik face palmed himself. He was never this awkward and nervous before and he could only laugh at his current state.

The young lady Wonsik was following then turned right; Wonsik followed and found himself standing at the same part of Hongdae where he was yesterday. In the quieter parts. He chuckled. Wonsik then saw the young lady enter one of the establishments. LeShinSet.


Nari walked in LeShinSet with a bright smile. The whole place was filled with customers, some recognized her and greeted her. She greeted everyone with a courteous bow before walking up to the bar and found Taekwoon taking care of a customer’s drink. She asked where her best friend, Lee Jaehwan, was; Taekwoon nodded on the platform. “Thanks.”

Without looking any further, she saw Jaehwan standing on the platform with the band members of an indie band. She ran over to him and tackled her best friend with a tight hug. Jaehwan laughed and tousled her hair, “Hello to you too. Look at you all excited! Are you even prepared for this?”

 

Nari grinned. “Of course I am. Are you?” she asked, setting aside her guitar and chair behind the platform. She greeted the other members and asked how they were. It was always nice to catch up with other musicians in the district since they rarely see each other due to their gigs.

 

“Nari, will be playing next. Come on.” Jaehwan excused her from the others. The two warmed up; it was a usual ritual for the two to do at least a couple of vocal exercises before performing onstage. Jaehwan and Nari took a deep breath and stared into each other’s eyes. They grinned.

 

“You better not screw up, Ken!” Nari giggled, using Jaehwan’s nickname always give her laughter. “It really doesn’t suit you. You’re so much better as Jaehwan, Ken.”

 

Jaehwan rolled his eyes naughtily. “Whatever. I like it. You too. Don’t forget the chords and lyrics, Toki.” Nari hit Jaehwan on the chest. She laughed, “Toki? Rabbit? Really? You know that nickname doesn’t fit me.”

 

Jaehwan pinched her cheeks. “Oh please. Nari. You’re a toki to me. Now let’s shut up and sing!”

 

Nari bobbed her head. The two then walked up on the platform and took their seats in front of a mic and an anticipating crowd. Jaehwan reached for the mic and tapped it, checking the sound system. He chuckled. “Hi guys. I guess some of you may know us, some don’t.” Jaehwan pointed at Nari and beamed. “This beautiful lady next to me is none other than Nari; next to her is the devilishly handsome Jaehwan.”

The audience laughed.

“Anyway, Taekwoon-hyung, the owner of this bar, LeShinSet, requested for us to perform as a duo for tonight. Again.” Jaehwan spotted Taekwoon and waved a hello. Nari then grabbed the mic in front of her; she was too excited.

 

“Okay. I think that’s enough introduction, Jaehwan.” Nari teased. “They’re here for the music not for a gag show.”

 

Jaehwan apologized. The two then set the atmosphere to a rather cool and romantic feel. Jaehwan hummed while Nari grabbed her guitar and plucked. Jaehwan then spoke on the mic and said that the first song on their set list was entitled Cheese in the Trap. Track 04.

You must have been mad at me today

Sometimes even I hate myself

But please don’t be mad at me

Can’t you just see me?

 

Whatever people say, I am

Cheese in the trap

All the things in every moment

In every sentiment, I want to fill you in 

 

Cheese in the trap

I think back to the first day that I saw you

When we ran into each other

 

Stars like that day are turning on

Just like this, you are getting bigger and bigger in me

Whatever people say, You are

 

Cheese in the trap

All the things in every moment

In every sentiment, I want to fill you in

 

Cheese in the trap

If all things are gone

I hope you are the only one

who left with me at the end

 

Cheese in the trap in every moment

Cheese in the trap in every sentiment

Cheese in the trap

All the the things in every moment

In every sentiment, I want to fill you in

 

Cheese in the trap

Cheese in the trap

The audience clapped and cheered. Jaehwan gave a subtle nod and introduced the next song that Nari composed and will sing, Smile; Jaehwan then moved in front of the piano and glanced at his best friend, waiting for a go signal. Nari raised her mic near her lips and cued for Jaehwan to play and he complied. Nari shut her eyes and listened carefully to its slow pace. Track 05.

Many people on the street heading somewhere

All walking with haste; everyone lives on like that

Deep within their hearts, they have their own painful stories

They have at least one; everyone lives on like that

 

Nothing’s goes right sometimes

Although I feel smaller and want to give up

I have one dream

Even when others say I don’t know about the world and I still have a long way to go

My heart still beats as always

I want to let it go with a smile

 

Many people that I’ve met and passed in life

Since I-don’t-know-when I no longer remember them

I guess they’ve all become recollections

 

Nothing goes right sometime

Although I feel smaller and want to give up

I have one dream

Even when others say it is hard, I want to just let it go with a smile

Even if others say I don’t know about the world and I still have a long way to go

My heart still beats as always

I want to let it go with a smile

After the second song, Nari then introduced the next song, ‘I know, I know’, which will be a duet she and Jaehwan had written a few years back. “This song may be quite a bit cheesy since this was done during our teenage years. Please bear with us.”

The audience laughed; some even commented that they were still cheesy and tacky even today. Nari and Jaehwan laughed at the comment. Jaehwan moved back next to Nari and asked for the previous band’s help since this will be needing a little extra flare for the audience. The audience howled as soon as the previous band members got back up on stage. Nari handed her most treasure notebook to one of them and told them the basic chords to the song.

 

“No problem.” They all went to their instruments and took a good look at the chords before playing it. Track 06.

 

Jaehwan and Nari turned to look at each other; woos and whistles were heard from the crowd but the two friends didn’t waver at all. Jaehwan raised his mic first and sang. 

Do you know?

What others say?

They say boys and girls can’t be friends

That’s so weird

Because then what are we?

Another round of woos and hoots. Nari raised her mic this time and smiled. 

I know too

I'm not trying to test you

Why don’t you know how worried I am?

You’re a long-time friend, what to do?

I don’t know

 

It’s really no easy to hide this

You’re already written in my heart

 

Should I just act dumb and pretend not to know?

Should I just act dumb and pretend not to know too?

What do we do about us?

 

You’re the love love, come to me a little bit

I’m also in love love, I’m still a little scared

Cause we wait wait, we’re two fools

Sometimes we’re like friends,

Sometimes like lovers

What are we?

 

Tell me, be honest with me

Let me talk talk, can we start?

Don’t be late late, love is timing

Will you come to me before it’s too late?

 

Honestly, on days I see you, I can’t stop looking in the mirror

Everyone says it’s like we’re dating

I deny it but my heart flutters for some reason

 

When I jokingly hug you sometimes

My heart tickles, I can’t hold it in

Don’t think so hard

Fine, I’ll stop

Please read my heart

 

You’re the love love, come to me a little bit

I’m also in love love, I’m still a little scared

Cause we wait wait, we’re two fools

Sometimes we’re like friends

Sometimes like lovers

What are we?

 

Tell me, be honest with me

Let me talk talk, can we start?

Don’t be late late, love is timing

Will you come to me before it’s too late?

 

When we walk on busy streets

Naturally hold my hand

My heart will pound

Maybe, maybe, we…

Today, you, today, me

Will you tell me you love me?

 

You’re the love love, can you see my heart?

I’m also in love love, I can only see you

Love is you you, as much as I waited

I won’t ever let you go, tell me

 

I love only you

I really like you too

Always you you, love is timing

You’re my friend, you’re my lover

 

The whole crowd cheered. Jaehwan and Nari laughed at the crowd; they held hands and bowed before the crowd. But then, one customer shouted a chant that made everyone follow along.

 

“Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss.”

 

Nari glanced at Jaehwan and saw him grinning. He spread his arms wide and chuckled, “We have to give the crowd what they want, Nari!”

 

Nari loved Jaehwan’s antics. He was such a crowd pleaser, and so was she. She walked up to her tall friend and tiptoed; her lips gave a peck on Jaehwan’s cheek. The crowd reacted saying that it should be on the mouth; Jaehwan placed his arm around Nari’s waist and stated that they’re only friends. Nari teased. “Can’t kiss him there.”


Who would've known that those two are friends? Wonsik amused that the singing guy yesterday and girl today were friends. So her name is Nari, huh. Pretty name. Wonsik’s eyes then followed Nari. She got off the platform with Jaehwan and thanked the band members who played for them in their last song.

Wonsik had to admit; he isn’t a fan of the soft, lovey-dovey and hippy kind of song but again for some odd reason, the songs that Nari sang motivated Wonsik to write down. During the whole set, it was either Wonsik would watch the live performance or he would be jutting down lyrics on his phone. Either way, Wonsik was happy. Maybe I shouldn’t go and talk to her. It would destroy my momentum. And so, Wonsik chose not to meet her anymore.


For weeks, Wonsik came to Hongdae and went to Nari's usual spot where she held her guerilla gigs for the public. If she weren't there, Wonsik immediately goes to LeShinSet. The owner, Taekwoon, could now recognize his face due to him being too close and becoming a regular at his bar; It was really great for Wonsik since he got to write most of the time. Though there were still some bickering from Hongbin but he didn't care. He was making good music and lyrics and that's what he only cared about.

Currently, Wonsik sat down on one of the tables in LeShinSet and ordered for a mug of beer and fried chicken. Nari was playing the piano; no friend just her. Thank you Nari for being an inspiration. Just then, Wonsik noticed the sudden halt of the piano. He looked up and saw the same light ash brown hair hovering over him. Nari, who he found inspiration with, was standing in front of Wonsik. Her eyes seemed curious on what he was writing; she crossed her arms and eyed him suspiciously. "Who are you and why are you stalking me? Or maybe worse, you're plagiarizing my works?!" 

 

"Excuse me?" She doesn't seem to know who I am. Wonsik crossed his legs and sighed quite offended by what she had said. "First, I am not stalking you. Second, I am also not plagiarizing your work. I have my own songs, why would I steal yours? Lastly, I am Ravi. A composer and songwriter that's currently on a vacation right now; I'll be going back to work soon so I decided to find inspirations for my new songs. The reason why I'm always there wherever you are is primarily because I need your help." Wonsik leaned close, "Be my muse for inspiration in making music."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Sure, but promise me one thing." Nari said, raising her pinky. "I'll help in making the music and...Don't fall in love with me."

 

Seriously? That's it? Wonsik, without any hesitation, agreed to her terms.

--------

So PART 1 is done. Hope you guys listened to the songs while reading it because doing that is so much more fun ^^ I had so much fun writing this, I hope you guys had fun reading it too.

Reason why Jaehwan sang the Lost Stars was bc of him singing it in one of the VIXXTV2 episode. teehee. 

ANYWAYS, PART 2 is still in the works so please bear with me for a while. 

THANK YOU GUYS ^^