The Third Time We Met

Drinking yak, sham and wits

 

 

 

It was so dark that it couldn´t have been darker. My thoughts mirrored the night sky. All stars and my beloved moon were covered in clouds and annoying little raindrops were hitting against the windowpane with the force of the wind. The new year just began and my mind was already too flooded. I had to find it, the Halloween like castle in place that is better to walk there. Where shadows play hide and seek and where mountains grow under the hands of the mysterious conqueror. Does the place even exist?

 

I threw myself on the bed and in the dark room stared at the ceiling. Listening to the comforting sound of raindrops I began wondering, if Donghae actually didn´t want me to not find him. Maybe he just came to play? Perhaps even the kiss wasn´t for real. Thinking darkly like that, I couldn´t bear to stay locked in one room with only myself.

 

I put a thick sweater on and went out of my bedroom. I descended the stairs and found myself in an empty space. Without guests and fancy decorations, it was just an ordinary house. Wooden floor that has felt steps of many of the infamous, green wallpaper covering already three layers of older paper and furniture that after so many years became worthy. I stopped in front of the dark piano in the main room.

 

“Sir? Would you like something?” I raised my unusually empty eyes, when a butler came to me with worried expression.

“A cup of lemon tea,” I asked and he nodded.

 

I sat down in front of the piano but kept it covered. Even if I felt like playing, I wouldn´t know which melody to choose. Characters that used to be so clear began fusing into each other, leaving me only one safe place and that was emptiness. The butler brought me the tea and I thanked him.

 

“By the way,” I voiced hesitantly, “what were you doing just now?” I wasn´t usually awkward but I realised that staying in bigger room didn´t help my anxiety. I felt lonely.

“I´m sorry, I wasn´t really doing anything,” the butler was suddenly nervous, surely thinking that I asked him just to catch him dawling.

“That´s alright,” I tried to ensure him and glanced at the cup standing on the piano. “How do you pass your free time when you have a break?”

“Usually I would watch a football match or something,” the butler scratched his balding head, “but lately I fell in love with this one story in the newspaper. It´s really interesting.”

“I see,” I blinked a few times. That was a little unexpected, series that come in newspaper? “Would you mind sharing this interesting story with me? I seem to have some troubles sleeping lately,” I chuckled because I was sure that my beloved servant had already noticed the fact before me pointing it out.

“I don´t think I have all the newspapers saved, I started reading the story only from the middle,” the older man was suddenly smiling, “but you are much younger than me and know how to use this Internet thing well. It should be all there, the author´s name is Lee Donghae.”

 

At that sentence my smile dropped. The name was just too familiar for me, hearing it over and over in my head for weeks. Of course I tried to search for the man, I had no idea if he even told me his real name, but sadly found thousands of matching results. There were too many Lee Donghaes and one of them was a writer. I knew it couldn´t be him but still I was bound to believe in fate. I took the porcelain cup and rushed back upstairs as fast as I could with the hot liquid in my hands.

 

“Here it is,” I bit my lip in anticipation after finding this new nation´s favourite writer.

 

I didn´t want to give myself false hopes so instead of looking up the author´s profile, I started with his story. The setting was a small city under the mountains and a beautiful villa with mysterious owners. It caught my attention right away and I guessed that this must have also been the fact my butler realised. The place in the story strikingly resembled my house, I wanted to read more. The plot is about a girl that wanders into that place by chance and complications quickly arise thanks to the young master.

 

“My world is a little darker than your white skin, dryer than your juicy lips and much shallower than your deep eyes, sir.”

 

I read aloud a line that made me gulp dryly. What is this? My heart was in conflict once again. Half filling up with happiness that I finally found the mysterious man I was so obsessed with. But the other half of my heart was aching with mercury like liquid, weighing me down. If Donghae was the writer, did he come to my house only to gather material for his story? Should I set out with anger or present in my hands? I collapsed on my bed to rest my withering eyes on the dark ceiling again.

 

It took me a week to make up my mind. I won´t deny that the Sunday edition of the newspaper turned out to be the trigger. The romance between the main characters reached the point, where they both had to make the choice. What the choice would be, I would find out the next week. I refused to wait and leave the choice solely on Donghae. I had something to say too, especially since the possible wrong ending could defraud my persona.

 

I looked up Donghae´s address and with devastation realised that, indeed, I could easily walk there. Donghae lives in the same neighbourhood, in one of the houses by the road leading to my home. That explained why I never noticed him coming, he never used any car. He´s always been so close to me! I decided to use as an excuse the fact that the majestic trees in front of my house block the view from my window, and that as a writer, Donghae is surely always locked inside his room.

 

It was still January and the currently thawing snow was visible only beneath street lamps. I was walking in long black coat down the road all alone. Even with all my wealth I wasn´t afraid to walk the streets, knowing that it was me of whom the wanderers should be aware. I huffed through my nose and with only moon as my witness, rang the bell on Lee Donghae’s front door. I had to wait for a long time.

 

“Who is it?” The door opened, revealing a slightly different person than I was used to. “Eunhyuk?!”

 

Donghae´s hair was cutely dishevelled and he was wearing a colourful long sleeved shirt. His skin was smooth and dark and his chocolate eyes showing about thousand questions, all for me of course. I smiled knowingly and straightened my previously slouched back.

 

“Am I disturbing you anyhow?” I asked knowing the answer.

“Oh, of course not! You can come in but,” the nervous fingers dove into Donghae´s curly hair, “it´s quite messy in here.”

“As long as there is a chair for me to sit on,” I shrugged and eventually was invited inside.

 

It was as Donghae described. Tall mountains of books were growing here and there, shadows of stray dust loitering in the corners of the messy house´s owner. I realised that Donghae was possibly an airhead and was used to burry himself in the small space behind his table. Seeing his cheerful self, Donghae wasn´t going to bed yet. Perhaps he would stay awake until dawn and then sleep through the day. All the mysteries were coming together, all I had to do was knock on this door to find out everything.

 

“So why are you here?” Donghae came from the kitchen, holding a glass of juice that he put on the coffee table. I was sitting on the sofa, that has been cleared off all the books and magazines.

“To give you this,” I grinned and pulled out an envelope from my coat.

“Invitation?” Donghae pouted. “Isn´t the next party supposed to be in spring?”

“Is the party what you are interested in, Donghae?” I threw the question that was the thorn in my side.

“That´s not what I mean,” Donghae’s panicked reaction was relieving, “it’s true that I was curious of the parties at first but that changed in only a few minutes after I arrived to your house. My interest is now elsewhere," he glanced carefuly at me. "But you are just so hard to approach.”

 

Donghae sighed and his sincere eyes made my heartbeat quicken. The mercury made space in favour of little butterflies and my cheeks reddened with deep blush. The man in front of me was also nervous and it gave me the confidence I needed.

 

“In that case you shall open the envelope,” I gestured to the white paper, still in Donghae´s fingers. The tense atmosphere was about to break.

“Tea?” He chuckled when he read the content. “You invited me for a tea?” Shining orbs and white teeth came into my view and I had no choice but to smile back.

“Well, I guess I simply couldn´t wait until spring. The invitation doesn´t have a date so you can come anytime,” I told him with a wink. “Only when the spring party comes, you have to let me invite you again to ensure your own safety.”

“My safety?” The previously giddy writer sat down on the sofa next to me with curious expression. “You say it as if your parties were dangerous,” he tried to joke.

“Oh, but they are. At least for humans,” I said with a solemn face. “You might be actually the only human ever visiting our glorious events. That´s why you were bound to fail the dress code every time and that´s also why I had such a hard time guessing, who you are.”

“What are you saying?” Donghae´s face paled. If I told this to anyone else, they would laugh heartily but Donghae has been inside. He saw my house and my guests, he felt it was a foreign place and he had enough imagination to trust my words.

“Usually they all pretend to be like you,” I reminded Donghae of the Christmas Eve, “they wear clothes that hide their fur and rough skin. Glasses behind which are uneven and ferocious eyes, make up that covers scales and blue lips or hats that have horns or long ears beneath. Donghae, the only night they are themselves is Halloween.”

“So I just walked into that?” Donghae was at loss. All the monsters he saw weren´t people in costumes, the sharp teeth, beastly eyes and deformed limbs were real. He had to steal the juice he brought for me. After drinking it, he calmed down a little.

“Actually you were dressed right,” I chuckled getting a witty idea, “you came as yourself on Halloween and you didn´t cover anything when you visited on Christmas.”

“That’s not funny,” Donghae frowned, “who are you, then?”

“Aw, that hurts,” I looked away to escape the cold stare. But I turned back, when I felt a hand on mine.

“I´m sorry,” Donghae smiled at me with a clear endearment and I had to give in as always. I guess he wanted to, at least for the time being, forget about the enlightenment I just gave him.

“I don´t have any horns or scales, as you´ve noticed but I´m not the same person every time you meet me,” I leaned into the sofa but made sure I was still in touch with Donghae.

“Sometimes I´m a sheep, giving out presents,” I looked into Donghae´s eyes, “but sometimes I´m a warrior, catching those who are unprepared. Is that alright with you?”

 

The truth was something that I wasn´t supposed to tell. Revealing myself to a human, baring my heart. But it was too late already anyway, the organ was on Donghae’s palm for a long time already and even when I wanted, I wasn´t in charge of my feelings anymore. Donghae made me shy when I was supposed to be stern, he turned me moody when I was being gentle. Making my character not fit for my suit. And I thought, that just maybe in times, I didn´t have to be the one or the other, maybe I could be both. Only Donghae could unite the both parts of me.

 

“If you really are, who I think you are,” Donghae´s eyebrows ceased a little only to raise again, “I´m not sure, I´m prepared to date a God.” I was impressed that with only this much, he was able to even guess. I felt strangely bare, but he was the creator of worlds, of course he knew his way. And maybe that´s why he was able to accept me. My contradicting halves that both fell for the same man.

 

“How about you let that God decide?” I smirked because this was the reason I came here, after all. To decide the ending of that fine story. The chocolate eyes closed gently when I leaned forward to capture those thin lips. They tasted of juice and love and I knew there was no solace for my new addiction. I released him from the kiss to take a quick breath.

 

“Whatever you wish, my Yaksha,” the conqueror of my heart whispered and I had no choice but to stop breathing again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***The End***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! So here we go! The ending! Let me tell you, that first I asked you, who is Donghae but then I asked about Eunhyuk too. I wonder, why nobody found him suspicious. kkkkkk And also, here is the Bomb!!! If you want to complain, that I didn´t drop enough hints, please re-read carefully the title of the story. Found it? :P Yaksha or Yasha in Korean is something like a small god of seasons and nature. He has two personalities, the kind one and the warrior. :) Anyway, I love you guys, really. Some of you guessed that Donghae was only a human and others really brightened my day. I sincerely thank you all. Please, let´s support Super Junior that are going through a lot, let´s become their strength. Everyone, take good care of youself because you deserve all the care, and don´t let anyone tell you othervise! Thanks again and have anice day - PandaHero****