Final: Jeongmal Saranghae!

Strangers

Sooyoung’s P.O.V
After 5 months we turned out to be very good friends. All of us! He would always go to the coffee shop and wait until I go home. He would always walk with me to home. Well, at first I’m feeling awkward with him but I get used to it and I do trust him now. Suddenly there’s a new transferee from America.
Miss Kang: Ok. Class. I want you to meet Choi Siwon. He’s from America.
Siwon: Annyeong! Im Siwon!
Siwon sit at the table next to us. Well, he’s a little bit nice. I don’t know but I sense a good thing on him.
Siwon: Annyeong!
Donghae: Annyeong! Im Donghae! This is Sooyoung and Yuri!
Siwon: Will it be ok if I made friends with the three of you?
Me: Are you kidding? Please, don’t make us laugh! Of course! It’ll be ok!!!
Siwon: thanks!
Yuri: anyway, new students should have a warm welcome from us.
Donghae: Yeah! Yuri’s right!
Yuri: I know just a perfect place to party, wanna come?
Siwon: but… Are we allowed to party? I heard students like us aren’t allowed to?
Donghae: Not really the “party” way.
Finally it was class dismissal. Too bad because I can’t go with them because of my work. I went to the shop and change my clothes. Taeyeon was serving all the customers and no one was at the counter. I quickly went out to help her.
Taeyeon: there are customers at that last table. (Points) Go and serve them ok?
Me: ok!
I went there with the note pad and ballpen to get their order.
Me: Annyeong Haseyo! Can I take your order, Ma’am, Sir?
Suddenly, I heard a strange voice. I look at them and found out that it was Yuri, Donghae and the new student, Siwon.
Me: Noh! I thought you are going to have a party for him!
Yuri: yeah! We’re here to party!
Siwon: you’re working here? But…
Me: I know! Please, be quiet!
Yuri: anyway, please give us your best selling and most delicious foods here!
Me: Shut up! What do you think of here? A restaurant? It’s a coffee shop! We only have desserts and coffees!
I went away and prepare the food. I was at the kitchen when suddenly someone entered.
Me: who’s there? Yeonie?
Donghae: Noh! You have a sharp sense!
Me: Donghae? You know its restricted area. No customers are allowed!
Donghae: Hey! Im not here as a customer! Im a friend! Besides, Yeonie let me come in!
Me: so, why are you here?
Donghae: I told you I’m a friend so I’m here to help!
Me: What are you going to do? You can’t cook!
Donghae: who told you?
Donghae took a knife and started slicing and then cooking it. WOW! He’s good! No! He’s great! I didn’t know he can cook! He’s so cool. I didn’t know that he looks cool while cooking! UGH!!! What am I saying? I think there are still some things I didn’t know about him!
Me: You can cook?!
Donghae: Yeah! Don’t you know? You’ve been my friend for 5 months already!
Me: it’s just, I never see you cook!
Donghae: You just saw me?!
Me: yeah! It all looks delicious!
Donghae: really?
Me: who taught you how to cook?
Donghae: it’s my mom! When I was a kid, she taught me how to. She would always tell me that to capture a woman’s heart is to impress her by cooking. Not all man can cook. It’s actually not a man’s thing!
Me: Your mom’s right! Not all man can cook!
We served it all to the table. There are no other customers so Taeyeon close the shop and we decided to celebrate there. We eat foods and talk and talk. Finally we we’re all through. We all decided to go home. Donghae come with me and Yuri while Taeyeon and Siwon took their way home. We finally reached our apartment and entered. We asked Donghae to come in first.
Me: Come! Have a sit!
Donghae: thanks!
Me: I’ll just go to my room.
Yuri: here’s a cup of tea.
Donghae: thanks! Anyway, is that Soo’s mom?
Yuri: you know?
Donghae: I’ve seen her at Soo’s wallet. She’s kind of familiar to me actually!
Yuri: Her mom is a singer and a musician while her dad was a dancer.
Donghae: so, she can dance and sing and even play an instrument?
Yuri: Of course! She can do it all very good! She’s really talented. She doesn’t only do those things, she can also act and she’s really smart! She’s perfect!
Donghae: Yeah! You’re right!
Finally Donghae go home. It’s another day again. There are some school activities that are why teachers are busy also the student council that’s why Donghae isn’t here. I was at the school garden. I am helping to decorate our school for the upcoming school festival. Suddenly, Siwon came and help me.
Me: Oh! Siwon-ssi!
Siwon: hi! Um… can I say something to you, Soo?
Me: Sounds serious! Sure! Here let’s sit at the bench.
We took a sit at the bench far away from the others. I started to open it up first.
Me: So, what is it?
Siwon: Um… I know it’s not so long since we have met but Sooyoung, I want to know you better!
Me: Bwa? What do you mean?
Siwon: I want you to be my girlfriend. Please be my girl?!
Me: (Speechless) I- I don’t know what to say!
Siwon: you don’t have to say anything! Just say yes! Sooyoung, I’ll do whatever you want me to. I’ll never hurt you! I’ll give you whatever you want just please say yes!
Me: Siwon! I want to be honest with you! Actually, I don’t know you yet! And you don’t know me either!
Siwon: it’s ok! We’ll soon get to know each other!
Me: It’s not like that! Yeah! Time will come and we’ll know each other, yes! But the thing is… It’s not that I don’t like you but it’s… It’s because I have someone I like! Im so Sorry!
Siwon: I understand!
Me: Siwon, look around you! I know someday, you’ll be able to meet a good girl much better than me!
Siwon: there’s not much better than you, Soo! You’ll be always.
Siwon go with a happy face. I didn’t mean to crack his feelings for me but I don’t want to answer him just because I feel pity on him. Suddenly, Donghae came with someone. Who is she?
Donghae: Hey! Soo, meet my friend, Yoona!
Me: Annyeong Haseyo! Im Choi Sooyoung. You can call me Soo!
Yoona: hi! I’m Im Yoona! It was nice to meet you!
Donghae: I’ll just tour her around, ok? If someone came looking for me tell them Im with someone! Bye!
They finally go. I suddenly whispered to myself, “That’s the thing he did for me too!”. I don’t know why but I feel jealousness on the two of them. Maybe it’s because they look so good together. They could make a total perfect couple! What am I saying? What am I feeling? I shouldn’t feel this way!! I have no right to be jealous! Besides, I’m only a friend of his. Yeah! ONLY A FRIEND! I went back to my work. Suddenly, I decided to go to the auditorium. I skipped classes and just stayed there the entire class hours. I was playing with a piano. I was playing Winter Sonata when suddenly someone came. Why am I not surprised to see him? Am I expecting him to be here? It was Donghae who came. He was coming towards me. I decided to stand up and took all the papers.
Donghae: you know, you could get a punishment because of cutting classes!
Me: I’m not cutting classes!
Donghae: Well, why are you here?
Me: it’s none of your business! You should go back! They might need you! She might need you!
Donghae: She? Who? Yoona? Why would she? WAIT!
When I knew he was coming near to me, I suddenly go. I was like running away from him. I don’t know why. I just feel that I hate him.
Donghae: Soo, wait! Where are you going?
Me: Im going to give these papers to Miss Han. She’s expecting these!
I quickly run not in an obvious way. Accidentally, I stepped at the water there and slipped. Fortunately, Donghae was able to catch me. I quickly stand up and he helps me.
Donghae: are you avoiding me?
Me: Me? Why would I avoid you? Im going.
I started walking when suddenly, my left foot aches. I think I sprained it. I still walk away from him not trying to get caught that my left foot got sprained. Unnoticely, he came to me and carries me in a bridal way.
Me: YA! Put me down! What are you doing?
Donghae: you can’t fool me! I know you sprained your foot. Im going to bring you to the clinic!
Me: Ya! Im ok.
On our way, all of the students were looking at us. UGH!!!! I hate it! Many students will for surely make an issue between us. I hate it! We we’re now at the clinic. Yuri was there. The nurse leaves suggesting me to not take a long walk and take a rest.
Me: you shouldn’t carry me that way!
Donghae: if I didn’t, you surely go and insist that you are ok!
Me: But students will for surely make an issue about it! I don’t want them talking about me!
Yuri: what are you talking about? Even if Donghae didn’t do it, students will still talk about you! Don’t you know? There’s already an issue between you two!
Me: Bwa???
Yuri: Anyway, I think you should know this too, but there are rumors going around that Siwon is courting you! Is that true?
Me: Bwa?
Donghae: Soo, Siwon is courting you?
Me: of course not! It’s not true! None of it is true! Those were just rumors.
Yuri: well, you know, rumors sometimes are true!
Me: What did you say?
Finally, the school bell rang. We all decided to go home. I was about to go when suddenly, Donghae came and ask me to ride in his car to our home.
Me: No! It’s ok! I’ll just take a cab
He suddenly went out and pushing me to ride in his car. Unfortunately, he got me riding in his car.
Donghae: you should go with us too, Yuri!
Yuri: No its ok! Besides, I have a date with my suitor. The guy who were very good in playing piano and can sing from Class B. You know, Ryeowook? I have to go now! See you at home, Soo!
Yuri suddenly disappears. UGH!!! That girl! We then go. I was quiet for the entire minutes in his car. After few minutes, we are now at home. He helped me walk to go to the apartment. He then comes in first. He sat at the couch.
Donghae: Soo, can we talk?
Me: what is it?
I sat down at the couch next to him.
Donghae: are you avoiding me? Is it because of Yoona?
Me: Bwa? (I try to put a fake smile) What are you saying? Why would I avoid you? And besides, I don’t have a reason to get mad at you for being with her!
Donghae: Soo, I knew it! You don’t have to tell it to me! I know you’re mad at me!
Me: what are you saying?
Donghae: Yoona is my childhood friend. She came back from America. She was just a friend!
Me: yeah! And so am I! I was just your friend!
Donghae: No! You’re not just a friend to me, Soo! You’re special to me. You’re… you’re not just any special! I like you, Soo! Ever since I have met you, I’ve liked you! And now… I think I have fallen deeply into you! I love you, Soo! Jeongmal Saranghae, Choi Sooyoung!
Me: Bwa?
I was shocked to what he says. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t say anything!
Donghae: when I heard that Siwon was courting you, I was really mad. I felt like I’m dying!
Me: why would you feel that? There’s no reason you should feel that way. Because… Because… I love you too, Lee Donghae! I don’t know why but on the first time I met you, I feel so secured and safe.
Donghae hugged me tight. My tears started to flow. I can’t believe on what is happening to us right now. I let go from his tight hugged and look him into his eyes.
Donghae: Soo, will you be my girlfriend?
Me: Of course, it’ll be an honor! Yes!
He comes near to me slowly and our lips touched. He kissed me in my lips. We both kissed like we don’t care if Yuri or someone caught us. Im not afraid of anything as long as I have him. I will never be afraid! All that matters now is I do love him and I will always love him. For me, he’s a stranger that I met and I loved with my whole heart!