The Third Page~

Not Mine Anymore~

Flashback

Jihyo's Pov:

"Adults are indeed weird" #haha she's funny!
"I agree" they shook hands and hugged each other. #yippie!I've got a friend already!!
"Haha, nice to meet you! What's your name again?" #Oops. I forgot to tell about me!
"My name is Jihyo-Song, but you can call me Jihyo."~ This is the starting of my story...

A/N

January 5th, 2003 was the starting point of their friendship. Jihyo and Lizzy had never been separated since then. Jihyo loved her like her own sister. Every single time they met, they would smooch each other as if they'd never seen each other for  years. Lizzy was like a role model to Jihyo. Even though she's young at age, but her way of thinking was mature. She knew how to fall in love, what's the meaning of 'crush', getting updated on any latest R&B songs and even master English when she was young as 8. In contrast with Jihyo's timid attitude, she was very daring and could speak out her opinion as if it wasn't a big deal. Jihyo developed her traits of character a lot after befriended Lizzy. 

Before this, Jihyo only spoke Korean language and she could hardly communicate a decent English. As the time passes by, she enhanced her speaking skills and could speak as though she was a native speaker. Not only that, she also became an outgoing  girl and even friendlier. Thanks to Lizzy, she wasn't afraid anymore. She's moving forward with her life, leaving behind her hideous past back in her kindergarten.


2005~

A group of student is dancing and singing joyfully in the movie promo. The dance is beautifully executed, not to mention the way the main lead actor and actress display their best move with amazing chemistry on screen.  Jihyo is totally amused with that new Disney movie. She is grinning with amazement without blinking her eyes. 

"It is so cool!" she squeals with delight making Lizzy peeps through the window shade.

"Jihyo?? Whatcha' doing here??" Lizzy looks puzzled with her sudden appearance.

"Oh Lizzy-aa, I accidently walk across your house you know. I didn't mean to actually s-stock(?) you here... "

 "Silly girl, you should pronounce it properly. It is pronounced as 'stalk' Jihyo ya... As usual, you are always blur" 

"Oops, sorry...! So, suddenly I heard a loud, loud music coming from your window. In your living room then, I saw this group of people  on your tv that was dancing. Is that a show or what??"

"Oh, this is a movie actually. In fact, this is a musical movie and fortunately today, at 7 pm, they will air it in Disney Channel!! If I'm not mistaken what is the name of the movie again... Miracle School or High School Miracle....Ummm..."

"You mean High.School.Musical??"

"Eureka! I think that's it... Hey, how do you know?"

"Well, it's a musical thingy and look at their clothes! Any idiot would know that they are high schoolers. Hahaha, pretty smart am I??" she make a boastful look on her face. However, unable to stand the look on Lizzy's face, she burst out laughing.

"Booo, loser!!" Lizzy chuckles while gesturing L- shape finger to Jihyo whereas the mischievous Jihyo stick out her tongue playfully.

 


Jihyo

The next day at Moorim School~

 

"We're soaring,  flying..."

"There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach...."

"If we trying, so we're breaking free~"

 

I have a really good time with Lizzy. With her, I feel my world is complete. I could express my real self when I'm with her. Last night, I watched  High School Musical at her home and had a blast. That movie is certainly going to the top of my list! It is the best movie I ever watched! I even memorize all the song's lyrics and together, we could create the best duo in  the class! We rock!!

Somehow, something weird arousing within me like, how does it feel to be in love? I learn that the meaning of boyfriend can reach to many different degrees. Like when we divide the word into two parts such as this: a boy which is a friend, or a friend which is a boy.. aren't they sound and mean the same? But people keep on saying that boyfriend means a special friend, the one that you will get married to in future...does that means I have to get married to all my friend which are boys??? This is totally insane!

When I saw Zac and Vanessa in the movie I thought can a school student date each other?
My papa often says that "Jihyo...until you get into a university or  have a career, you should not have a boyfriend. You'll regret f you don't listen to me."

Since then, I've been holding on to that word as a guidance towards a perfect love life.

"It's the start of something new...It feels so right to be here with you..o-ooh~" we continue singing like nobody's business; as if we are auditioning on a talent show, attracting numerous crowds.

GD and Seungri are watching from the corner. They are smirking at us and whisper some words into each other's ear. I look at them suspiciously but I keep on rocking the class floor because singing became my new passion, thanks to this movie.

During the break~

I'm extremely hungry now. I need to go to the cafeteria so I dash to the nearest exit. Finally...I manage to buy double cheese hamburgers and french fries.It feels like heaven as I savor the taste of the cheese melting in my mouth and chew the crispy meat that was grilled on a hot pan.

On the way to the toilet, I bump into GD, the most handsome-looking boy on my class. 

"Hey, Jihyo! Where are you going?" he asked.

"To the class of course. Hurry up, recess is almost ended!"

"Nevermind, I don't feel like eating today. By the way, you have a really good voice!"

"You mean 'both of you' has a good voice, I suppose" Lizzy interrupts out of the blue. She has been watching from afar. 

"Haha, yeah. That's what I mean actually..." he grin awkwardly.

" T- thank you for your compliment, Jiyoung... " I feel kind of shy right now. Maybe, he's just being nice. But I shouldn't  misunderstand him. He's just my friend. I don't think a person like him would ever have a crush on me. I don't think so... What am I by the way. I'm neither pretty nor attractive. Even if I 'were' to get a boyfriend, I don't think I could treat them properly because I'm not feminine enough. Anyway, we are still too young to think of love. Jihyo ya, remember what papa always say; don't get into that sort of relationship until you're big enough! Okay, just be cool and go ahead.

I smile at him and he smiles at me back, sweetly. I quickly walk to the toilet as I couldn't bear staring at his eyes any longer. My heart would burst.

And I think that maybe, I like him... 

To think of it...

You're too perfect for me,

Your pair of unique eyes,

Not too big not too small dark blue eyes makes me mesmerize...

Your silky black hair makes me want to brush it in between my fingers,

So gentleman that I'm afraid of losing you to the other girls...

And, you are so witty and athletic that it makes me fond of you even more,

Without a single doubt, this is gonna be hard to endure...

My boy, why do you have to be this handsome? 

I can't afford you, because,

you're totally out of my league...

and it's troublesome~"


 

The year 2005 is almost coming to an end. During all those years, many things happened. In short,

Lizzy started to show her true colour. She became more and more sensitive as their friendship progresses...Then, there's a time when I accidently drop the snack and she would cry and look at me with anger. We would get into arguments sometimes but then we patch up. Sometimes,  I could sense her jealousy towards me.

For instance, when I got the highest marks in my Korean Language, she should be happy for me as a bestfriend of hers. Instead, she remained on her seat and acted dumb while everyone else congratulate me. I understand that she's a brilliant student and she's a topper in my class for two years in a row but that doesn't mean I can't do the same thing too. In contrast, I never missed on congratulating her in whatever she'd achieve.

Somehow, I felt hurt by her action.

There's even a witness. A friend of mine said that " Your friend Lizzy was staring at you like one kind, as if she wasn't satisfied with you when you received your results. What happen Jihyo??" I kept quiet, not wanting to create a big issue.

Some were saying that she even has a crush on GD. I don't know if it's true or not but the way she stares at GD and how her behaviour started to change towards me made me wonder whether if it's really genuine.

But there's also some good moments too... the time where GD and Seungri teased me and GD even boxed my palm to test his strength. Then I cried because he accidently hit one of my finger, the little, pinky finger and it's quite a pain for me. However, my savior, Lizzy came to my rescue and avenge me. She boxed back his hand and he shouted. Then we would run in the hallways while laughing and get caught by a school prefect dressed in a yellow attire.

It was only last year and those were the days. Sadly, I can't turn back time. Time has changed. She too has changed.

 ~

One fine day, my homeroom teacher announce the ranking of each student. I am pretty nervous but ecstatic.

"Jiyoung, you've got a third placing in class! Good job! You've improved." a loud applause echoes the whole classroom. GD stands up and bows to his classmate while glancing to Jihyo, hoping to see her reaction.

" The first place goes to... Lizzy! Congratulations Lizzy, keep up the good work!" a louder applause is rendered. She gets up and bow with a proud smile.

"This person really amaze me with her effort. Congratulation to Song Jihyo!! From the 20th placing, she rises to 2nd rank in the class! I'm really looking for to your achievement next year but our friend here has to leave her mother's hometown. Jihyo, do you want to say anything to your friends?" I nod with a heavy heart.

"Hi, guys. Yes, it's true that I'm leaving this town at the end of December, and this year will be my last year of schooling. My dad just got transferred to Canada for some business matter but I hope that I could see you all one day, soon." I almost tear up but it'll be embarrassing when all eyes are staring at me.

Everyone seems so shocked. Some of them come to me right away and ask questions. Some stay seated but chitchats about me. Some are even pleading me not to go and some pretended to be sad. Well, at least, one that I know. But considering how long our friendship is, I'll let it pass.

"Really? Are you transferring to Canada?" he said with a sad pair of eyes. His forehead seems to wrinkle like an old man. 

 "Yeah, it's true, GD" I reply without looking at him directly.

"We'll then, do you know there's an end year thanksgiving dinner in our school! Why don't you sign up in a performance? I would love... I mean, I would like to see you sing solo on the stage. You could even sing one of your favourite songs in Highschool Musical! By the way, elementary school students are encouraged to participate! Besides, it could be a good farewell party you know...Don't you think that'll be a good idea??" he winks at her and desperately wanting me to reply.

"But, I have stage frights. I'll be trembling in front of the crowds!" I respond to his despair.

" You could at least try. Just pretend that the crowds are nothing but a plain wall with no feelings. Since you quite blur to begin with..."

"Hey! How dare you" I punch his shoulder lightly.

"Hehe, so what I'm saying is you could just block your mind from thinking any unnecessary stuff on stage. Just ignore those people. Fighting! I know you can do it!! Well, as a friend I'll cheer for you. So can you make it??"

"Wow, it's my first time seeing you talk a lot! Are you starting to miss me?" I to get rid of the awkwardness. Because I'm shy when he does the stuff that every girl would dream to get from him. His motivation, and charming approach. 

He chuckles while scratching his back head and leave me to get to Seungri. 


A/n

The most awaited day has arrived. Jihyo prepares herself for the performance.

Many people come with their family members. The VIPs are given a special spot, which is at the front stage while the teachers and parents are located just behind the VIP seats. Meanwhile, the performers are given cue cards to know  when they could actually come in.

~

Jihyo

"I'm so scared! My heart just can't stop thumping!" I said to myself. However, his word came to my mind, and I re-imagining that moment...

"...you could just block your mind from thinking any unnecessary stuff on stage. Just ignore those people. Fighting! I know you can do it!! .."

I smile. And nothing can stop me now.

"Next, Song Jihyo from the third grade. She'll be singing a song entitled "When There Was Me And You". Please give her a round of applause!" I can hear many people clap and cheer me, but I can only sense the voice of one person and it's Jiyoung's. I saw him standing at the corner and waves at me. I gain my confidence and I want to stand out.For him.

I sing the best I could. With passion and love.

Click here to hear the song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTan82bSD4

It's funny when you find yourself 
Looking from the outside
I'm standing here but all I want
Is to be over there
Why did I let myself believe
Miracles could happen
Cause now I have to pretend 
That I don't really care

I thought you were my fairytale
A dream when I'm not sleeping
A wish upon a star
Thats coming true
But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth
When there was me and you

I swore I knew the melody
That I heard you singing
And when you smiled 
You made me feel
Like I could sing along
But then you went and changed the words
Now my heart is empty
I'm only left with used-to-be's
Once upon a song

Now I know your not a fairytale
And dreams were meant for sleeping
And wishes on a star 
Just don't come true
Cause now even I tell 
That I confused my feelings with the truth
Cause I liked the view
When there was me and you

I can't believe that
I could be so blind
It's like you were floating
While I was falling
And I didn't mind

Cause I liked the view
Thought you felt it too
When there was me and you

 

                

As soon as I get off the stage, Lizzy comes towards me with a smile. She compliments my singing just for the sake of it, and then here comes a bomb...

"...but O-MY-GOD! Isn't it embarassing...You did a lot of mistakes! Your lyrics seems to be haywire... etc etc" she critics my singing instead of being sincerely happy for me. I make a breakthrough for the first time in my life but as a friend, she didn't support me.

Then, I learn something significant in my life:

There's no such thing as BFF- best friend forever...

A true friend should push us forward instead of pushing us away...

A true friend would never keep bad intention to his/her bestie...

A true friend is an honest friend...a person that befriend us with sincerity.

A true friend will be with us in good and BAD times...because a friend in need is a friend indeed.

I parted and bid goodbyes to my fellow friends and teachers.

No matter how hurt I was, I hugged Lizzy and thanked her for all the years we spent together. I didn't keep grudges because life is too short.

As I'm about to get into my car, I saw him for one last time. He was waving at me and showed me thumbs up for my performance But he wasn't smiling. 

 Even me~


In Canada

 

                                                                              -To be continue-


P.s: Hi againn! Bangapseumnida!! How is this chapter this time? Is it getting better or getting worse...or just mehh..? Hehee...feel free to drop by your thoughts! Thank you for reading! This story will end maybe in a few more chapters...^^ Till then..happy reading!