Drabble - Improvement

Improvement

“It’s okay hyung, let me show you again.” Jimin smiles as he repeats the steps for the nth time that night, Namjoon watches in desperation as his brain easily catches on everything, but his body refuses to cooperate.

 

 

“Ugh, this is so hard! I’m so sorry Jiminie, you should have been resting with the others and instead you have to show this clumsy here how to dance, I’m really sorry to keep you here.” He rubs at his neck, feeling like a loser for putting his beautiful and kind-hearted dongsaeng through this.

 

 

“That’s not a problem at all hyung, you know how much I love to dance and I want to help you, really, besides, it gives me the chance to improve my dancing skills as well.” There’s that smile again, at least it eases all the pain and exhaustion away.

 

 

“Like you need any improvement.” Namjoon mumbles, thinking of how perfect the other already is.

 

 

“Everybody needs improvement, even the best of the best, that's how you keep up with the competition, including with yourself.” Jimin proudly announces, winking at his momentary wisdom.

 

 

“Woah and I’m supposed to be the smart one here. Thank you for being so patient with me, you are always so nice.” Namjoon states and Jimin chuckles, eye smile and all.

 

 

“You are also very patient when I’m annoying you, Monie hyung.” The elder feels like melting at the cute nickname.

 

 

“You never really annoy me Jiminie, I like having you around.” Truth to be told, whatever time he got to spend alone with the younger was always his favorite.

 

 

“Really? Even when you are trying to write and I keep yapping about my day and invading your personal space?” Jimin asks wide eyes and huge grin on his lips.

 

 

“I particularly love that!” Namjoon steps closer.  

 

 

“When your head lies on my shoulder and I can smell the nice fragrance of your shampoo, it feels warm, and your hair tickles my neck… the whole thing actually gives me great ideas for lyrics!” He smiles so hard that his cute little dimples are all out for show and all he can think is how Jimin loves to poke at them as he’s done it countless times before.

 

 

“Hyung, stop it!” Jimin’s cheeks feel so hot he figures they are probably pinker than the other’s hair, he turns his body at least forty degrees to avoid the rapper’s intense stare.

 

 

“What?” Namjoon an eyebrow, knowing full well the range of his words and what they are causing.

 

 

“And, as much as I hate dancing, I’m actually very fond of practicing it with you, because you’re so delicate when you touch me to correct my posture…” He mimics the way Jimin’s hands lightly brush over his arms.

 

 

“Or whisper with your sweet little voice how I am supposed to be doing it right.” He doesn’t miss the chance of speaking it directly into the younger’s ear.

 

 

“But I especially like when your body presses against mine.” He demonstrates, leaning flush onto the smaller man side. “Like that.” Then circles both arms around him, grasping small wrists into his large hands.

 

 

“And guides me into the movement.” Namjoon moves both their bodies like Jimin had previously shown.

 

 

“Hyung...” Jimin feels light on his grip and the temperature on the room seemed to have increased tenfold.

 

 

“You make every task much better Jiminie, suddenly it doesn’t feel demanding or tiring anymore.” Namjoon traces his fingers across Jimin’s jaw and presses a small kiss to his cheek. Jimin turns his head, eyes closed and mouth agape as he waits for Namjoon to close the gap, and when he does, they both sigh into the kiss like it’s been long overdue.

 

 

Later that night, they were all seating around the table enjoying a nice homemade meal, probably Jin’s accomplishment.

 

 

“So, did you have any improvement today Namjioonie?” Hoseok asks out of curiosity, because whenever he tried to teach the other, he didn’t get much out of it.

 

 

“Yeah, there was definitely some improvement, right Jiminie?” Namjoon smiled almost blindly and Hoseok narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

 

 

“Definitely!” Jimin grinned.