Prologue

Newbie

Walking away from another interview, you rolled your eyes at how stupid your answers were to the interviewer’s questions. I was overenthusiastic, you sighed. They will probably think that this is my first professional job. You have done professional projects before, but never had an actual job with the title to prove that. You’ve also worked with professionals on those projects, but still, not an official job.

You also were a foreigner in Korea, so that might have caught the interviewer off guard. Despite coming from outside of Korea, you went to a high class school there, and managed to complete your courses flawlessly. However, being one of the best of your class did not mean that you were the best of the nation, and also did not guarantee you a job.

Entering your apartment, you kicked off your shoes and walked in. Not even a few seconds later, your stomach growled. You looked down at it and mentally went through a list of what you could have. There’s dumplings in the freezer, I also have cereal, but then there’s pasta… You contemplated all the possibilities, but none of what you were listing sounded appetizing. Finally, you had come to a decision. Ramen.

You took out a saucepan from your cabinets and filled it with tap water. You then flicked the burner on and set the saucepan on it. Standing there, you hesitated on whether or not to go through with making ramen, knowing that it’s going to make your face bloated. It’s going to full me, but at what cost?

While waiting for the water to boil, you walked over to your desk. Your laptop sat in the middle, surrounded by papers and books and pens and pencils. Before picking up your laptop, you made a mental note, I should clean that up sometime.

You sat on your couch and opened your laptop. After logging on, you opened your web browser and checked your email first. It wasn’t like you were already awaiting something from the interviewer, but you kind of were.

To your surprise, you actually did get an email from them. However, you expected the email to say something among the lines of “We thank you for your interest, however we have chosen someone else.” Shocking you once more, the email was actually quite different from what you had thought.

We thank you for your interest in this position, and would like to notify you that you have been chosen to speak with the CEO. We would like to confirm a few things with you, and talk about schedules and wage. We hope to see you tomorrow by 8am.

Thank you.

You could not believe it, at all. They chose me? They actually chose me? A little excited squeal escaped from you, but you stopped your celebration for a moment. Wait, what am I doing? I can’t have ramen, my face will be bloated! You walked hurriedly to the stove to turn the burner off. Nonetheless, you were still hungry, but you wanted to look good in front of the CEO of the company you would be working for. Therefore, you settled on making fried rice.

It was okay.

The next day, you put on the prettiest outfit you had, did your hair, and used your pro skills to put on natural makeup. You felt confident in yourself that day, and made your way into the building with your head held high.You gave your name at the receptionist desk, and made your way to the elevators when he let you in. When you arrived at the office of the CEO, you knocked lightly, heart pounding.

“Oh Y/n? Come in!” he greeted. When you stepped into the office, the CEO had a welcoming smile on his face. “I just need to discuss a few things with you and then you can start this job.”

After around thirty minutes of talking about compromises, schedules, rules, and a contract, he signed you off.

“You start this weekend. I look forward to you being in our company, Ms. Y/n.”

“Ah, thank you, sir.” You bowed your head and walked out.

I did it! You landed the job of GOT7’s makeup coordinator.