Chapter One

The New Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

         I looked at myself in the mirror and let out a shaky breath. I put my hands on my skirt and smoothed it out. It's okay Summer, you can do this. I the heel of my foot and grabbed my bag off my desk. I made my way to the kitchen where my mom and dad were. My father was from South Korea but my mother was from here, America, I mean. My father's job was moved here so they jumped and took the chance so this how I ended up here.

         I was going to be attending OceanView High, my mom's highschool, she absoutely loved this school and she wanted me to go there so bad. I looked at my mother as she grabbed her car keys and motioned for me that we had to go. I jogged over to my dad and kissed his cheek and then I ran to the dor to put on my shoes. As I got into the car I opened the front of my bad nad pulled out my headphones and phone. I put the earbuds in and scrolled through until I found the song 'If You' by BIGBANG.

         I looked out the window as my mom drove to my new school, it was all so differnt here, I only remember visiting California a few times for my summer vacations but other than that everything is still different. I missed my best friend, Park Soo Young. A couple BTS and BIGBANG songs later we arrived at the school. I paused my music and looked at my mom. "You're going to be fine Yi Seul Bi (her korean name), it's not going to be so bad," she leaned over and kissed my forehead. I gave her a small smile and slipped on my bag and climbed out of the car. 

         There were groups of people scattered all thorugh the front of the school, I began to walk to the front doors when I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned around was shocked to see a boy around my age smiling. 

         "Hello Summer! I'm Park YoungJae but just call me YoungJae." I looked down at his hand on my wrist and he dropped it. 

         "Oh, hello. But how did you know my name?' I questioned.

         He points to my chest, "Your name tag." He looked at me and gave me a small laugh.

         "Ah! Sorry. But can you show me to my locker?" I asked while looking down. I felt YoungJae grab my hand and pull me through

Please log in to read the full chapter