Woohyun - Apology

Can't Get Over You Series
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

I take another glimpse of myself in the mirror. Black suit and tie. My heart and steps are heavy, especially. I'm not ready for this. I sighed, closing my own eyes. Hoping this is all just bad dreams.

"Hyung, it's time." I open my eyes to meet Myungsoo's eyes. His eyes just like me. They are full of pain and...regrets. I turn to the others. Sungjong is staring at empty space, Hoya and Dongwoo just patting each other shoulder, probably giving courage, Sungyeol is leaning to the wall near the window, watching the fallen snow and Sunggyu hyung, he's staring at me with his small but sad kind of smile. He knows me well. Among us, he's the one that rarely shows his tears. Among us, he's the strongest in issues related to emotion.

 

We arrive at the mortuary. The members get off the van, one by one. I sigh to myself, crossing my fingers together, gathering another courage when a hand suddenly lands on my arm.

"Woohyun-ah..." I look up to meet Sunggyu hyung. He throws me another smile while nodding his head. I reply him back with a forced one before finally take my steps out of the van. As we step further into the mortuary hall where visitors give their final greet to the deceased, flowers are along the hallway. Full of encouragement and supportive words. And then, we arrive at the right hall. When we step inside, her mother is sitting there. Staring at her deceased daughter's picture. My eyes fall on the big photo of her. Her innocent smile, comes together with small dimples. Her shiny eyes. Everything that I didn't noticed before. I hear sighs and sobs from left and right. I know, the members are like me, regrets filling our hearts right now. I close my eyes, trying to return to where everything begin.

 

The loud music keep the club alive. People were enjoying themselves, specific word wasting themselves. Including me, who reached for another shot of beer. I sighed as the cup leave my lips.

"Woohyun-ah~~ Is there something bothering you? You keep sighing until now." I looked up to meet Sunggyu hyung with a girl next to him. He took a seat near me. I smirked as I play with the leftover beer in the cup in my hand.

"Hyung, can't I stay at your home tonight? I don't want to go home." Sunggyu hyung raised his eyebrow as he stared at me.

"Why? Are you and Nayoung had a fight?" I chuckled.

"Fight? What fight? There was no fight, but just me getting nagged all night and end up late

Please log in to read the full chapter