Final

Untouched Feelings

 

 

She sits calmly while writing down notes, gazing to the board then back to her notebook. She tugs her hazel brown hair strand behind her ear as she raises an eyebrow, trying to absorb everything. Her warm black eyes blink slowly as she tilts her head in confuse.

 

I stare at her and rest my head on my desk, wanting to know what’s on her mind. She covers with her hand as she let out a yawn, closes her notebook and put it away carefully, then rests her head. She’s about to shut her eyes close before our eyes meet.

 

Somehow, my eyes don’t want to look in other direction. The edges of her lips lift into a slight smile as she looks at me, I don’t smile back after finding myself lost in her eyes. I stop staring until she switches her eyes to the board direction again.

 

“Eunseo!” The teacher yells out her name. “What did I just explain then?” She furrows her brows in anger.

 

Eunseo keeps quiet as she looks down at her desk.

 

“Come here,” She points at the ground. Eunseo stands up from her seat and walks over to the teacher. “Tell me, what is the function of mitosis?” She asks with her arms are folding over her chest.

 

“Uh,” She bites her lower lip.

 

Quietly, I grab my book and open it, flip it to the page I’m looking for and scan for the answer. It’s amusing how I haven’t touched my book since the lesson started.

 

“Hm?” The teacher asks again. “If you think my class is boring then you can leave.” She says harshly, making Eunseo’s eyes widen in shock.

 

“Function of mitosis?” I fake a cough to grab her attention as I stand up from my seat. “It’s to divide a cell's nucleus with its chromosomes into two daughter cell nuclei, each of which inherits the same number of chromosomes as the parent cell.”

 

Everyone’s eyes are glue to me, staring in disbelief and gawk at me, I don’t care tho. If you think I’m similar to that bad boy types just because I don’t follow the rules then you’re wrong. I’m just an average guy but when it comes to her I just can’t help it. Somehow, I want to protect her.

 

“Sehun…” The teacher heaves a sigh, trying to calm herself. “Is your name Eunseo?”

 

“No,” A smirk plasters on my face. “But you didn’t say that I can’t answer your question, miss.”

 

She places her hand on her chest, closing her eyes hardly. “Go back to your place, Eunseo.”

 

She nods one time, walks back to her desk then looks at my direction, murmurs a thank you. I nod at her as a reply and she smiles back sweetly at me.

I may sound exaggerating but my heart just explodes.

 


 

With my hands inside my pockets, I walk down the school hall to head to the class, though the break hasn’t finished yet.

 

I stop my steps to see plenty of students gathering in front of the announcement board, trying so hard to take a look at it.

 

I decide to stroll over there and join them. Since I’m quiet tall for my age, I don’t need to struggle to see what’s written there. I furrow my brows as I read a piece of paper that sticks on the board, not minding others who are trying so hard to see, I guess I’m blocking them.

 

PROM NIGHT

8/11/14

Write down here your name if you’re willing to come!

- Kim Sujin

- Lee Changsun

- Park Ha Yeon

- Kim Taehyung

- Lee Suah

- Cha Eunji

-

-

 

Useless. I let out a scoff as I look away, continue to walk away from the crowd.

 

“Eunseo, are you going to that event?” I hear someone says.

 

“I don’t think so.”

 

I stop on my track as soon as I heard her speaking, turn around to see her heading somewhere I don’t know. She’s not coming too.

 

I make my way back to the announcement board; my eyes scan the paper and she really is not coming.

 

“Eunji, can I borrow your pen for one minute?” I ask her and she nods her head as she lends me her pen. I write down my name and Eunseo’s down, hand the pen back to its owner and murmur thank you.

 


 

I decide to go back to the canteen as I’m feeling thirsty all of sudden. After buying two cans of pepsi, I saunter off to my class. I push the door open; revealing 5 students inside, one of them is Eunseo.

 

She sits in the second row at the corner of the classroom, sharpening her pencil. I walk calmly towards her desk, pull out a chair and sit in front of her. I place one pepsi on top of her desk and she stares at it in confusion then looks up to me.

 

“Why did you put it here?”

 

“Because that’s yours.”

 

She looks at me with quiet expressionless face so I avert her eyes and just crack my pepsi open. Though, I can feel her stare.

 

“Thank you, Sehun.” I nod one time.

 

“Why are you always in class?”

 

She stops whatever she’s doing and turns to look at me with you-know-the-answer-already face.

 

“What.” I say flatly.

 

“Are you going to the prom night?” She asks out of nowhere.

 

“Do you want me to come for you?” I ask her back instead of answering her previous question.

 

She chuckles and I can’t help but to smile a bit. “I don’t think that’s necessa-“ Before she can finish her sentence, the bell interrupts, signing for the next lesson to start. “We’ll talk later on.”

 

I stand up. “Sure,” I say as I pat her head lightly, receiving a deadly glare from her. “And…I’ve wrote your name down.” With that, I storm away, heading to my place.

 

She's speechless.

 

I sit down on my seat; fold my arms over my chest, watching her looking at me in confusion.

 

She tilts her head and turns around to my direction. “Don’t you dare…” She says in a low voice.

 

“I can’t hear you.” I lie, look to other direction and bring my arms up to rest my head on them, ignoring her.

 


 

 

I place my glass on the table; scan around the place, searching for her. I fix the collar of my shirt as I look at my watch and realize soon they will close the gate.

 

It’s a outdoor event and the weather here does not help at all. The cold wind breeze brushes through my hair, sending shiver to my body. It’s freezing here. I’d rather choose to stay at home, to be honest. But then again, my stubborn mind wants to see her.

 

Slipping my hands into my pockets, I stand up heading to the gate. I lean against the wall beside the gate, not caring about people passing in and out.

 

“Sehun…”

 

I look to my left side to see her standing there. I scan her from head to toe; she’s wearing a black dress that flows to her knees, with white high heels, her short hair up in a ponytail. She looks incredibly beautiful.

 

“Aren’t you going to say anything?” She asks. “If you didn’t wrote my name before, I wouldn’t have to come here, it’s all your fault.” She says jokingly.

“But at least you came.”

 

 

 

“And why is it so cold he-“ Before she can finish her sentence, I interrupt her.

 

“Let’s go out then.”

 

“We’re already outside.”

 

I mentally facepalm myself. “You don’t get it, do you?” I say, grabbing her forearm and drag her away with me.

She groans as she tries to pull away from my grip but that’s just making me hold it even tighter.

 

After some quiet time, she begins to stop and just follow me. I can already feel her anger judging by her dead stare. There’s a time when she shifts her eyes to me but when I look at her back, she looks away.

 

She’s cute.

 

I decide to stop in front of the fountain. I release her forearm just like what she said; she quickly pulls it toward her and rubs it.

 

“Finally, thank you.” She says sarcastically.

 

“Thanks for?” I raise my brows.

 

“For dragging me here.”

 

“Ah,” I nod. “You’re welcome then.”

 

We both take a seat near the fountain and lift our heads to stare up at the sky.

 

“It’s beautiful!” She says, taking out her phone from her purse and captures a picture.

 

I shake my head slowly. “You know what’s more beautiful?”

 

“What is it?” She emphasizes, eyes full with curiosity.

 

A smirk plasters on my face. “There’s nothing more beautiful than the sky at night.”

 

She chuckles sarcastically. “I was expecting something like rainbow, sea or maybe sunset you jerk…” She rolls her eyes then looks away in disbelief.

 

“Too bad then.”

 

“Don’t talk to me anymore.”

 

“Okay.” I shrug.

 

“Don’t answer me back.” She folds her arms.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Oka-“ She heaves a heavy sigh. “Stop it, Sehun.” She glares at me.

 

“Make me.” My mouth lifts up into a half smirk. I feel sorry but teasing her is so en fun.

 

“No, you know how to stop yourself.”

 

“You really want me to stop?”

 

“Duh!” She punches my arm softly but I take a hold of her hand. She stares at me expressionless while I look at her glittering eyes then down to her lips.

 

“Then will you go steady with me?”

 

She stays quiet; this girl is probably searching for an excuse to refuses me.

 

I chuckle at her reaction. “Forget it."

I release her hand and lift my head back to stare up the sky. I close my eyes slowly.

 

“Sure.”

 

Surprise, I open my eyes to see her staring at the ground. “Did I hear that right, Eunseo?” I ask just to make sure.

 

“Yes, you did.” She smiles, snuggles into my chest all of sudden, resting her head on it.

 

yeas!

 

I place my hand on her head and caress her hair gently. “Do you want to know the answer to my previous question?”

 

“What’s more beautiful than the sky?” She asks. “Not again, Sehun.” She sighs, trying to move my hand away from her. I guess she’s totally done with me. I wrap my arms around her even tighter, not wanting to let her go.

 

“Your smile, Eunseo.”

 

 


 

 

A/N : How's it? Hope you guys like it x) Let me apologize again for any mistakes.