I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning

First Day of My Life

Yoongi hasn't felt anything in a while. He remembered what it felt like to feel happiness, surprise, hope; but those feelings had begun to fade from his being a while ago. He slowly sat up in his small bed in his even smaller dormroom, feeling as numb as ever. Today is the day classes resume from Winter Break and he already wants to throw himself off a building. The bright light streaming into his room from the curtains forced him to squint his eyes and walk blindly around his room, trying to get ready for his unfortunate day. 

He quickly got ready, grabbed a beanie and his keys, and made his way to his first lesson of the day: Music Theory. Music interested Yoongi greatly. It was the one thing that aided him in accessing his repressed emotions and allowed him to put all of his messed up thoughts and experiences in coherent sentences. He loved the deep vibration of the bass that bloomed in his chest, while he spits his heart and soul in carefully-constructed bars. Yoongi needed music to live, hell, it was the only reason he remained alive today if he had to be honest.

Upon arriving to class he soon realized he was early and decided to sit in his usual spot at the back, where he could concentrate and not be bothered by other students. It's not that they were mean or anything, it's just that Yoongi wasn't all that competent in interacting socially with others. He's had this pesky problem ever since he was young and always wanted to play by himself rather than with other kids his age.

He doesn't know why he's this way, all Yoongi knows is that he experiences a tight, choking feeling in his chest whenever it even looks like someone is going to approach him.

Lost in his own thoughts and in the new mixtape that his favorite rapper had put out, Yoongi failed to realize a person had walked into the classroom and was looking at him. Yoongi couldn't believe how handsome this boy was. His auburn hair and absoulutely adorable smile caused Yoongi's pulse to quicken and prompted the painful, constricting feeling to return to his chest. 'Why is the gorgeous boy looking at me?' is all that ran through his mind as he looked down as his folded hands. 

"Excuse me, this is Music Theory with Professor S. Park, right?" the angelic voice sounded from the gorgeous boy.

'. . .' Yoongi thought as he realized the cute boy was speaking directly to him. The tight feeling in his chest increasing; he could feel the right words being swallowed by his nervousness but still attempted to answer the boy.

"U-um ye-yeah this is it."  

He barely spoke above a whisper, with his heart beating at an unbelievable pace, not only because of how adorable the boy was, but because interraction with another person stresses him to no end.

The boy's face immediately lit up as he smiled brightly at Yoongi and thanked him loudly with a relieved look on his face. Yoongi gave him a quick nod then popped in his earphone and pulled out a book to read to pass the time. The boy apparently took this nod as an invitation of friendship and sat in the seat directly next to Yoongi and pulling out his supplies with a smile.

"I'm Jimin! Thank you so much for helping me out, this is my first time here and I was absolutely freaking out!" Jimin chippered, looking expectantly at the small, pale boy next to him. 

"I'm Yoongi" mumbled the tired looking boy, mildly surprised by the boy's exuberance at this time in the morning, as well as why he felt the need to keep talking to him. By this time, other students were flooding into the classroom and the professor appeared, preparing for the class that started in exactly one minute.

Class started but Yoongi could barely pay attention at all. How could he when an angel like Jimin was sitting right beside him; it was damn impossible. He noticed the way Jimin would bite his lip and lean forward in his chair when he seemed interested in something as well as how we would doodle little characters in his notebook during lulls in the lecture. 'Absolutely adorable" Yoongi thought while intently observing the boy.

Two hours dragged by and as the lesson ended and people began collecting their belongings and leaving. He could only hope that Jimin would maybe say something to him before he left with his friends who were pooled by the entrance, messing around and calling his name.

"Yah Jiminie!! Let's go!!" yelled a lively, brown haired boy who couldn't seem to stay still.

"Alright, wait one second would you?" Jimin retorted as he got up and gathered his notes and stuffed them messily into his backpack.

Yoongi himself was already ready and began to leave until he heard that angelic voice yell his name. His nervousness spiked as he slowly turned around and faced the muscular boy.

"Hey I hope this isn't a bother but could I have your number? Just one class of this subject and I can already tell I am going to do terrible, maybe you could help me?" Jimin asked, with the cutest look of curiosity on his face. How could Yoongi resist? 

"U-um I don't know I'm not that good at the subject either.." Yoongi lied. He knew that if he gave his number to this boy he would die from a heart attack due to how nervous he made him. Besides, he's never gotten close to anybody, why start now? Oh who was he kidding. 

"Dude, I saw how you didn't even take notes and mouthed the answers to the questions the teacher was asking. You can't fool me!" Jimin said smugly, hoping that the stubborn, quiet boy would acquiesce. 

Little did Jimin know that the reason Yoongi didn't take any notes was because he was far too busy oggling the animated boy.

Reluctantly, Yoongi gave in and mumbled his number to the auburn haired boy who had the biggest smile on his face. With that small exchange, Jimin was off with his loud group of friends and the pale blonde boy was left in the empty classroom thinking about what he had just gotten himself into. He stumbled off too his dorm to sleep a little longer as his next class wasn't for two hours. When Jimin left. Yoongi could already feel his sadness submerge and begin to rap arounf his small body like a self-deprecating shield of armor.

He just hoped that tonight it wouldn't get too bad and lead him to do something stupid. With that dreary thought, the pale boy entered his dorm and plunged himself into the warmness of his bed; the slight feeling of anticipation and happiness that he gained from Jimin fading. 

He felt numb once again.